Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 06:42 PM

18 posts, read 70,248 times

Advertisements

Ransom Everglades, Belen, Gulliver, Our Lady of Lourdes, Carollton, Palmer Trinity, and Westminster all are good private high schools. Best Value = Belen - all boys 6th-12th grade - with every sport and club imaginable.

MAST and DASH - public magnet high schools are top notch, even on National lists. Public - best non-magnet one is Palmetto high in Pinecrest.

Middle school is iffy in public.

Elementary - you are good in almost all public schools.

I suggest you go to www.greatschools.net for help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 11:17 AM

1 posts, read 21,589 times
I have four children who are all enrolled in private schools. Depends on the type of children you have.
1. Elementary: Westminster Christian or St. Thomas Episcopal
2. Middle School- High School: Ransom Everglades if you have a very bright child who is competitive;
3. If you want an all-girls school Carrollton is far superior to Lourdes, because it is a Sacred Heart education that focuses on educating the whole person, AND it is a diverse school. To put it bluntly, there are NO black girls at Lourdes AND there is not much economic diversity. At Carrollton, Sister Cooke is committed to creating a campus that is diverse in socioeconomic status and race. That makes it a more well rounded education. Yes it is costly, BUT the school has probably one of the best financial aid programs in Florida.

Old 06-10-2010, 02:02 PM

2,574 posts, read 2,486,556 times
Are there any private SECULAR,NON-RELIGIOUS schools in Mia..?

Old 01-10-2011, 08:08 PM

1 posts, read 21,201 times
If you are looking for a pre-school. Hands down, absolute best is a small school in South Miami called "The Spirit in Motion." I was hesitant at first because they didn't have an outdoor play ground but it was the best decision I could have ever made. The teachers are FANTASTIC and my three year old knows the pledge of allegiance, can write his name and is taking language class. They are just good people that LOVE to teach. They have a huge indoor area with really high ceilings and the kids get lots of exercise too. I can't say enough.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:43 AM

1,946 posts, read 5,382,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrycrat View Post
Are there any private SECULAR,NON-RELIGIOUS schools in Mia..?
Miami Country Day, Gulliver, Ransom Everglades (Palmer Trinity is technically Episcopal, though I've heard you won't see it in the education).

Old 01-22-2011, 06:11 PM

1 posts, read 21,120 times
So... a list of the best ELEMENTARY PUBLIC or PRIVATE schools?
I saw a ton of high schools, but there are only 2 or 3 elementary schools even mentioned...

Old 09-23-2011, 03:38 PM

1 posts, read 19,984 times
Elementary- st.thomas episcopal parish school
Middle and High School- Palmer trinity, then west minister

Old 02-08-2012, 09:23 AM

2 posts, read 22,568 times
Great public schools in Miami : Coral Gables High with the IB (International Baccalaureate), College Prep and Career Prep programs and G.W Carver Middle with the IS(International Studies) and IE (International Education) programs. For elementary: I would say David Fairchild, Coral Gables Preparatory K-8, Sunset Elementary.
Private Schools: Carrollton Sacred of Heart, Lourdes, La Salle, Belen Jesuit, Ransom Everglades, Gulliver, Palmer Trinity, and Florida Christian

Old 05-19-2013, 11:21 AM

1 posts, read 16,516 times
How about Archbishop Coleman Carroll? Does anyone have any thoughts on this school. I'm thinking of sending my sons there for highschool but I didn't see it mentioned here. Any helpful comments would be appreciated, thanks

Old 05-21-2013, 12:01 PM

322 posts, read 584,393 times
Ransom Everglades Class of '07!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami