Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2008, 04:52 PM

104 posts, read 255,076 times

Advertisements

I really need y'alls help.

I'm moving to miami for school from jan 11- june 30, 08. I need electricity and dsl at my place, and i need to set this up asap so when i go to my apt i can have light and heat.

What companies should i look for? whats your advice? im a first timer, this is the first time im having to deal with companies like these, and i need the cheapest solution possible.

I looked online at at&t, and saw that i could get a residential line for 14$ and dsl it says month to month for 20$, so thats not too bad,do you think thats a good deal? but what about electricity? i dont even know who to call!

can you guys post names and links maybe? please help!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2008, 05:15 PM

385 posts, read 1,894,042 times
for electricity,

Florida Power & Light Company (FPL): Electric Power Utility

you can get internet, phone, and cable from comcast,

http://www.comcast.com/shop/buyflow/...cePage=Bundled

good luck

Old 01-05-2008, 05:38 PM

551 posts, read 3,128,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackklight View Post
for electricity,

Florida Power & Light Company (FPL): Electric Power Utility

you can get internet, phone, and cable from comcast,

http://www.comcast.com/shop/buyflow/...cePage=Bundled

good luck
Good post. I'm not sure you have much of a choice as far as electricity companies go...Florida Power & Light dominates (if there are even any other electricity companies...?). The only thing I can add to blacklight's post is to check Atlantic Broadband (www.atlanticbb.com) for cable & Internet. They have some package deals. I pay $95/mo. for basic cable and the "middle" speed of Internet. Pretty comparable to everyone else from what I can tell.

Old 01-05-2008, 08:56 PM

224 posts, read 1,004,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justaskin View Post

I'm moving to miami for school from jan 11- june 30, 08. I need electricity and dsl at my place, and i need to set this up asap so when i go to my apt i can have light and heat.

What companies should i look for? whats your advice? im a first timer, this is the first time im having to deal with companies like these, and i need the cheapest solution possible.

I looked online at at&t, and saw that i could get a residential line for 14$ and dsl it says month to month for 20$, so thats not too bad,do you think thats a good deal? but what about electricity? i dont even know who to call!

You won't need heat here trust me on that...

Shop around because you will be here for so little time that you may be able to get a deal from Comcast or AT&T. They usually have those special "too good to be true" deals for 6 months or so...

Old 01-07-2008, 09:37 AM

104 posts, read 255,076 times
thanks guys!

Old 01-09-2008, 03:47 PM

5 posts, read 9,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justaskin View Post

Dude, you shouldn't be looking for heat.

Old 01-09-2008, 04:38 PM

1,781 posts, read 6,974,708 times
Heat in florida? lol

Old 01-09-2008, 06:22 PM

36 posts, read 221,381 times
Comcast and FP and L should have all your electric and cable etc needs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: