Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 07:01 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,374,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron60 View Post
If you earn good money in Miami or have a big bank account its probably a better life.
JetBlue up to NYC a few times a year to get your fill can be enough
never lived in NYC have you? I like miami, don't get me wrong, but if you have six figures in either place, you can live in one of the outer boroughs and have a good situation and access to far more than you ever will in Miami.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 08:33 AM

683 posts, read 854,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Sour grapes and let it be! I was born and raised across the Hudson from Manhattan and we moved to Miami as a kid and we fell in love and have never wanted to go back.
Different strokes for different folks.
Chill out lol. It's not directed towards transplants that move here and DON'T complain. Just the ignorant ones that do, yet don't move back to where they came from. Primarily New Yorkers. But once again I give props to the OP for moving back.

Last edited by deboinair; 03-25-2014 at 09:17 AM..

Old 03-25-2014, 08:40 AM

271 posts, read 384,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
never lived in NYC have you? I like miami, don't get me wrong, but if you have six figures in either place, you can live in one of the outer boroughs and have a good situation and access to far more than you ever will in Miami.
Alot of factors involved although there are areas of the boroughs where rent can be comparable to
some South Florida areas and you can get by without a car. In that case it can be cheaper than a Miami apartment and car.

Old 03-25-2014, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron60 View Post
Alot of factors involved although there are areas of the boroughs where rent can be comparable to
some South Florida areas and you can get by without a car. In that case it can be cheaper than a Miami apartment and car.
Yep, i agree 100%. I have a friend now who is in Kew Gardens and he pays 2 hundred more a month than more, for a place that is almost double the size of my current apartment. He doesn't have a car and has access to one of America's best cities. I also have family throughout Brooklyn who pay as much as me or less than me a month in rent and as you said they don't have the car, car insurance, maintenance etc.

Old 03-25-2014, 10:31 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,409,669 times
that miami city life was too rough for you, huh?

it be like that sometimes tho. that old saying if you
can make it in ny, you can make it anywhere does
not always blend everywhere, right? there are a lot of
weird vibes in other cities that you won't necessarily
find in nyc.

Old 03-25-2014, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
that miami city life was too rough for you, huh?

it be like that sometimes tho. that old saying if you
can make it in ny, you can make it anywhere does
not always blend everywhere, right? there are a lot
of weird vibes in other places that you won't necessarily
find in nyc.
he said "be like that sometimes" lol I haven't heard that in minute. Miami isn't rough in my opinion, not by a long shot. The "hoods" here are almost like vacation spots compared to hoods up north. Miami just put out a different vibe, to steal your word, that most people don't expect coming in or are not used to.

Old 03-25-2014, 12:14 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,758,512 times
Quote:
Now to Miami being like a 3rd world country because of Cubans. Cubans arent even in the majority in Miami.
If they're not the majority then who is??? They are the overwhelmingly largest Hispanic group here. I don't know the exact figures, but whites make up only about 17% of the population.

Old 03-25-2014, 01:24 PM

471 posts, read 851,455 times
Quote:
Then you don't know NYC very well. it is not uncommon for people who do not even know you to speak to you in NYC. I can not count the number of times I have been on the train or on the block and someone started speaking to me about any number of things. Normal, everyday people
Why would someone enjoy that?

Old 03-25-2014, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertobaggio View Post
Why would someone enjoy that?
Beause they are civilized human beings who have manners and a since of community? I don't know, just my stab in the dark as to the reasons.

Old 03-25-2014, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme305 View Post
If they're not the majority then who is??? They are the overwhelmingly largest Hispanic group here. I don't know the exact figures, but whites make up only about 17% of the population.
You are right, I thought they had been displaced, but I just looked it up and they are still the majority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami