Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 08:13 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,361,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deboinair View Post
I still say go back if you don't like it. Plain and simple. It's ignorant to think a place is going to be similar to where you used to live. You are correct I don't know NY well and don't care to. In my opinion it is a very over rated city. I don't like NY, so I don't live there. See how that works?
The most important word you used in this entire diatribe is "opinion".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2014, 08:23 PM

1,209 posts, read 2,419,286 times
spending summers in NYC you do tend to strike random conversations once in a while with people on the subway. My family is in Mill Basin in Brooklyn we have decent neighbhors that we know very well and get along with. NYC is what diversity means. I good balance of backgrounds unlike Miami its either you're hispanic or not (though that would be disputed). NYC does have a lot of options for people and its all in one. Though in NYC, when you drive people are always in a hurry and honk once the light turns green and those people who take public transport complain if the buses aren't on time.

Old 03-24-2014, 08:48 PM

683 posts, read 852,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
The most important word you used in this entire diatribe is "opinion".
You mean the entire truth? Just like every other New Yorker that trolls down to Miami. They never can answer logically why they don't move back if they have a problem with the city they currently reside in. It's the best city in their opinion, yet they don't live there? Makes absolutely no friggin sense at all.

For example, I moved to Atlanta when it was the hype city and the housing boom was outrageous in Miami. I hated it. I didn't **** and moan and be disrespectful and down their city. I just saved my money and moved back to Miami. That's how it works if you don't like a place.

Old 03-24-2014, 08:58 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,939,468 times
Quote:
You mean the entire truth? Just like every other New Yorker that trolls down to Miami. They never can answer logically why they don't move back if they have a problem with the city they currently reside in. It's the best city in their opinion, yet they don't live there? Makes absolutely no friggin sense at all.

For example, I moved to Atlanta when it was the hype city and the housing boom was outrageous in Miami. I hated it. I didn't **** and moan and be disrespectful and down their city. I just saved my money and moved back to Miami. That's how it works if you don't like a place.

Yea, I get your point the statement about Miami didn't need to be made, just move back to wherever, its different for everyone.

Old 03-24-2014, 08:59 PM

749 posts, read 920,512 times
Florida, like many other southern states, is a dumb state.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:02 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,560,914 times
Quote:

Sour grapes and let it be! I was born and raised across the Hudson from Manhattan and we moved to Miami as a kid and we fell in love and have never wanted to go back.
Different strokes for different folks.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hittheroadjack View Post
Florida, like many other southern states, is a dumb state.
Thank you for your participation in this discussion

Old 03-24-2014, 09:39 PM

271 posts, read 384,202 times
If you earn good money in Miami or have a big bank account its probably a better life.
JetBlue up to NYC a few times a year to get your fill can be enough

Old 03-24-2014, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron60 View Post
If you earn good money in Miami or have a big bank account its probably a better life.
JetBlue up to NYC a few times a year to get your fill can be enough
True, those flights add up quick

Old 03-25-2014, 06:51 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,361,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace587 View Post
spending summers in NYC you do tend to strike random conversations once in a while with people on the subway. My family is in Mill Basin in Brooklyn we have decent neighbhors that we know very well and get along with. NYC is what diversity means. I good balance of backgrounds unlike Miami its either you're hispanic or not (though that would be disputed). NYC does have a lot of options for people and its all in one. Though in NYC, when you drive people are always in a hurry and honk once the light turns green and those people who take public transport complain if the buses aren't on time.
Ok lets be honest. Yes NYC has more ethnic groups than Miami, BUT some times you do get neighborhorhoods of one ethnic group over another, and they are not inviting to outsiders. I have heard stories of whites moving into Bedstuy or Fortgreen and being harrassed or beat up. I know of blacks that have beat up or killed in Italian neighborhoods. I have heard of Indians, specifically sikhs who have been killed in NYC in ethnic enclaves also. I knew a gay couple who made the mistake of moving to Brownsville because the rent was cheap. Well someone threw one of them a beating. After that they moved uptown. So NYC can be a little ridiculous at times too. As to Miami, I think you can get SOME diversity on the east side. Coconut Grove is full of francophones from France and some West Africans. Brickell and downtown you can get some mixes too. Also in Edgewater and Midtown. Also Miami Springs seems to be mostly Anglo, with SOME Hispanics in there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami