Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 12:42 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,251,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackklight View Post
see the thing is that isn't even hialeah, that's more than likely a more upper class area as the streets and sidewalks look nothing like that in my street or anywhere nearby.
Just look at the neighborhoods on Ludlam Rd. in Hialeah, they look even better than the one pictured.

Old 12-16-2007, 12:49 PM

385 posts, read 1,891,832 times
ludlam rd isn't in hialeah dude

Ludlam Road (Miami)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Ludlam Road, locally known as either Ludlam Road and Northwest or Southwest 67th Avenue, is a north-south street that runs west of downtown Miami in Miami-Dade County, Florida

Old 12-16-2007, 01:47 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,251,143 times
Quote:
ludlam rd isn't in hialeah dude

Ludlam Road (Miami)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Ludlam Road, locally known as either Ludlam Road and Northwest or Southwest 67th Avenue, is a north-south street that runs west of downtown Miami in Miami-Dade County, Florida
O RRY?

From your same source here's what it says:

It continues in Hialeah

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ludlam_Road_(Miami)

Old 12-16-2007, 02:42 PM

4 posts, read 16,197 times
well i lived in hialeah close to 103rd and 24 ave ... do not go there or consider your kids to go to jose marti middle...lots of bad kids there.. that area is bad.. i live in allapattah now... its bad here too.the thing about miami is that its cocaine commute...especially in cities like west hialeah,liberty city,allapattah,wynwood etc goodluck

Old 12-16-2007, 04:04 PM

west hialeah is actually significantly better vs east. pbcboy, it goes through it but it is not hialeah itself; you know what i meant.

Old 12-16-2007, 06:16 PM

13 posts, read 39,068 times
Quote:
i wouldnt call hialeah a suburb but i wouldnt call it a ghetto either although a lot of people do

for example, almost all of my middle school friends dropped out and are in gangs. you might say they are bad kids but they weren't, they are a product of society, and this is what miami-dade society makes. if you go to hialeah high school you will see a lot of this. teachers talk to you like you are a retard or a convicted felon. out of the 7 high school friends i had only 1 is left. even the teachers expect you to drop out. to quote my freshmen science teacher

"take a good look around you. come next year you won't see most of these people ever again."

I feel you blacklight since i went to Memorial high school were 80 drop out you start with 400 freshman and end up with 50 seniors.

Old 12-16-2007, 06:24 PM

to edit that quote, that friend dropped out to.

Old 12-17-2007, 01:22 PM

1 posts, read 3,225 times
Hi, I live right in that area too. We purchased a house there specially because we want our kids to go to Ernest Graham. Hialeah Gardens has great schools and that's a priority for us. Doral and Miramar are close to the area so you guys are lucky!

Wellcome to Hialeah we may see each other shopping at Publix one day lol. Anyway if you wan to know something let me know and Welcome!

Old 12-18-2007, 09:13 AM

100 posts, read 503,325 times
I know I'm joining the discussion late, but I have a question for those who have had experience in Hialeah for decades, whether due to work or residing there, or both. Is it hip hop that has ruined the youth of Hialeah, in your opinions?

In other words, back in the late 70s/early 80s, when it still consisted of the sons and daughters of the first generation of Cuban immigrants and they all were going peacefully to Casanova's, The Forest, Rick's Bar, etc. to listen to disco, did everyone seem to have a much more laid back attitude?

I am curious as to what folks like Chelito think on this question. For the record, I was born, raised, and still reside in Miami, and am 36 years old and the son of a Cuban immigrant myself. Never spent an extensive amount of time in Hialeah, but I am pretty familiar overall.

Old 03-07-2008, 11:54 PM

4 posts, read 6,613 times
I'm also joining the discussion late. After reading many comments putting Hialeah down, I had to give my 2 cents.
I'm from South America and moved to East Hialeah when I was 15 and lived there for almost 10 years. I went to Miami Springs Senior High and yeah there were gangs, drugs, fights and all the bad stuff mentioned by other posters; but there were also honors and AP programs. I didn't speak English when I moved to the US, but I worked hard to be taken out of the program after 1 yr and then allowed to take only honors and AP classes.
Every school has its good and bad apples, I had friends who after graduation went to Ivy League schools as well as friends who were drug dealers. I never did drugs, joined a gang nor got into a fight; and I lived in the ghetto. If you give your kids a good foundation and values, you shouldn't have to worry as much about the school they attend.
The education that I got at an F school (that was the grade it had then, not sure if it has improved now) allowed me to go to college (free ride, thanks to scholarships), get a bachelors degree in engineering and get a high paying job for a big corporation in Broward. I only moved out of Hialeah when I got a better job in another state.
Most people in Hialeah are hard working blue collar families, mostly immigrants that are trying to achieve their American dream. It may not be the "nicest" area, but it's not as bad as some people are painting it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami