Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 06:26 PM

385 posts, read 1,891,832 times

Advertisements

good luck and i hope you enjoy hia

Old 08-10-2007, 08:17 AM

124 posts, read 415,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TannerMan View Post
My sons are 9 and 10 years old. That's about it, we might move in early or late September not completely sure yet. Oh and were coming from Orlando after 4 years, before that I had grown up in LA and moved to Orlando but now were ready for Miami.
Miami and Hialeah are two separate cities. My son jokes about Hialeah, and says one needs to have a "passport" to visit. :-) Welcome to Miami.

Old 08-15-2007, 01:45 PM

136 posts, read 481,714 times
There's a lot more English being spoken in Hialeah than people realize, or WANT to realize.

Old 08-16-2007, 03:43 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,275,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelito23 View Post
Personally I don't care for Hialeah, I have worked there and I used to date someone from there, and I went to the gym there as well. It is not my cup of tea, as it embodies everything that I dislike about South Florida (poor planning, corruption, overpricing, ME syndrome, general and pervasive rudeness, lack of community feeling and atocious traffic in a virtually treeless environment. oh, FLOODING too). With that said, if I did have to live there, I would choose the area you are moving to. It is newer and nicer, but it still has the same problems as the rest of "Hialeuh", as the majority of the gangster wannabe youth say (I taught in a HS and MS there). There are some (2) decent schools there, but they feed into very poor middle and high schools. I do not think this is a good community to raise children in, and most would tend to agree, people congregate here because it is an enclave immigrant area, and tend to move to greener pastures when they have leanred the system and earn more. I recommend you watch your children extra closely, *attempt* to be an involved parent at the school and pass by the Police Departments to see what goes on....because I think you are comparing apples to oranges by comparing Orlando crime stats to Hialeah, this is not Mayberry.

Good Luck.

You are correct man.....it is apples and oranges with the crime issue.....I lived near Hialeah before and went to American High back in 96'.......Now i live in Orlando and yes there is alot of crime here now but not all bad......the difference is that in Miami i remember people actually taking more precautions and they would still be robbed or have things stolen from thier house....when i lived in Miami i walked around my neighborhood with my money in my sock just in case ....in Orlando you just dont get that feeling like anything is going to happen everytime you walk out the door to the point you would think of having a money belt or put the money in your shoe.......

ive seen so many people leave thier car running with no one in it and go into the 7-11......and i never thought of that or saw it happen in Miami and the rare occasion it might have happened everyone around would notice it and look at it as a big no no....and wander why it wasnt stolen....but honestly i never saw that happen in Miami.....Orlando does have crime issues but it is just from growing too fast and people not being prepared as much......in Miami most neighborhoods have walls around them and gates around each yard and if you hear of someone breaking in a house down there it is alot harder to get in then in Orlando but yet the crime rates of both cities are not far off from each other

Old 08-16-2007, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THASPECIAL View Post
You are correct man.....it is apples and oranges with the crime issue.....I lived near Hialeah before and went to American High back in 96'.......Now i live in Orlando and yes there is alot of crime here now but not all bad......the difference is that in Miami i remember people actually taking more precautions and they would still be robbed or have things stolen from thier house....when i lived in Miami i walked around my neighborhood with my money in my sock just in case ....in Orlando you just dont get that feeling like anything is going to happen everytime you walk out the door to the point you would think of having a money belt or put the money in your shoe.......

ive seen so many people leave thier car running with no one in it and go into the 7-11......and i never thought of that or saw it happen in Miami and the rare occasion it might have happened everyone around would notice it and look at it as a big no no....and wander why it wasnt stolen....but honestly i never saw that happen in Miami.....Orlando does have crime issues but it is just from growing too fast and people not being prepared as much......in Miami most neighborhoods have walls around them and gates around each yard and if you hear of someone breaking in a house down there it is alot harder to get in then in Orlando but yet the crime rates of both cities are not far off from each other
You're confusing Hialeah with Miami. I think, if you look at the stats, Hialeah is nearly always among the safest larger cities in the entire state of Florida. The people who live there are too busy working and building a life to bother with committing crimes.

Rich.

Old 08-16-2007, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stat3man View Post
You're confusing Hialeah with Miami. I think, if you look at the stats, Hialeah is nearly always among the safest larger cities in the entire state of Florida. The people who live there are too busy working and building a life to bother with committing crimes.

Rich.

Where you live?.........

"The people who live there are too busy working and building a life to bother with committing crimes."

really?...did you go to HML? or live near little Vietnam?

Old 08-16-2007, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THASPECIAL View Post
Where you live?.........

"The people who live there are too busy working and building a life to bother with committing crimes."

really?...did you go to HML? or live near little Vietnam?
First, I believe you meant to ask me, "Where DO you live?" I currently live near American High School, and I have lived in that area most of my life. It is not the actual City of Hialeah, but growing up nearby, my family did almost everything in Hialeah. I still go there relatively frequently to buy things/get things done. It is a safe city, and I find it annoying that people try to portrary it as some type of dangerous area, which it flatly is not. It is no more than a heavily immigrant, working class, densely populated city. Period.

As a high school and college student, I worked at the Winn-Dixie on W. 4th Ave. & 65th St., Sedano's Pharmacy on W. 18th Ave. & 68th St., and at Burdine's in Westland Mall.

Rich.

Old 08-17-2007, 12:58 PM

What highschool did you go to?......I went to American and i lived out there too

Old 08-17-2007, 02:38 PM

1 posts, read 9,328 times
I love Hialeah...lived there all my life...

Old 08-21-2007, 10:48 PM

113 posts, read 469,147 times
Welcome to Hialeah!

Everyday im hustlin, everyday im hustlin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami