Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 11:25 AM

2,086 posts, read 7,642,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eufo View Post
HAHA! We were building the same basic post at the same time! Kudos! +1 rep!

Ooops... I must spread some rep around! Catcha next time!
Well, you know what they say about great minds...

I also got stuck with the "spread some rep around" thing for you as well. You just post too many well thought out posts!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2007, 11:43 AM

8 posts, read 16,299 times
I agree with Roark. There are a few negative posters who really bring the board down.

Old 07-12-2007, 11:55 AM

98 posts, read 307,036 times
FTL,
No you misunderstand what I was saying. I wasn't dogging on any area in my post. Pines is pretty nice and I have never argued about crime statistics in Melbourne either. All I was trying to point out is that he couldn't compare the bliss and crickets of living in a luxury gated community with Dade and her crime problems as a whole. Crime in many areas of Dade and Broward is quite bad hence one of the reasons people are negative.

I have never really said much about the crime in SoFla since it exists anywhere you live. I think when I lived in Richmond and Birmingham, statistically we had more crime than Miami (I am not completely sure of this)...

Old 07-12-2007, 03:06 PM

61 posts, read 225,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weston_in_the_Pines View Post
FTL,
No you misunderstand what I was saying. I wasn't dogging on any area in my post. Pines is pretty nice and I have never argued about crime statistics in Melbourne either. All I was trying to point out is that he couldn't compare the bliss and crickets of living in a luxury gated community with Dade and her crime problems as a whole. Crime in many areas of Dade and Broward is quite bad hence one of the reasons people are negative.

I have never really said much about the crime in SoFla since it exists anywhere you live. I think when I lived in Richmond and Birmingham, statistically we had more crime than Miami (I am not completely sure of this)...
First of all, i never said i lived in a gated community, port orange is so super safe there is no need for gates.

Second, the person who attacked my comments about hearing crickets lives in key largo, i doubt he heard gunshots there and i doubt he was actually in miami, he seems to make up stories to suit the post.

Third, you choose to live in gangland, if you hear gunshots that is your problem, i hear beautiful crickets.

I don't care anymore, i am turning off my internet, it is a haven for sick deranged loners who finally have a way to attack society, you see it in every chat room and message board. Real people in life don't act this way.

Last edited by HowdyYall; 07-12-2007 at 03:12 PM.. Reason: info

Old 07-12-2007, 06:42 PM

98 posts, read 307,036 times
Quote:
I don't care anymore, i am turning off my internet, it is a haven for sick deranged loners who finally have a way to attack society, you see it in every chat room and message board. Real people in life don't act this way.
Yes. Real people DO act this way. Just take a ride down to Miami

Old 07-12-2007, 09:51 PM

1,308 posts, read 3,400,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowdyYall View Post
There is no need to take such drastic measures. There are a lot of good people on City Data. Just use your ignore button under your settings. I have blocked out many people who post nothing but negative things everyday. These are truly miserable people who will never change and will be bitter no matter where they move. I hope that you can read this before one of our moderators decide to delete it.

Old 07-12-2007, 09:57 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,894,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Vice View Post
There is no need to take such drastic measures. There are a lot of good people on City Data. Just use your ignore button under your settings. I have blocked out many people who post nothing but negative things everyday. These are truly miserable people who will never change and will be bitter no matter where they move. I hope that you can read this before one of our moderators decide to delete it.
You are right. I think Miami has a lot of problems, but I am content with where I live, and there is no need to be miserable. Even if I lived in Miami, with all of its problems, I would find a way to be content, and enjoy it as much as I can. I express my discontent for many issues pressing South Florida on here, but I also discuss my fair share of positive, and don't feel a need to moan around in a forum all day.

Old 07-12-2007, 10:12 PM

1,308 posts, read 3,400,841 times
I was born and raised here. I have never had my house broken into. My car was broken into when I was 17. The alarm went off and they ran away. I dont hear gunshots while I'm grilling and my kids play outside. I'm not rich nor do I live in a million dollar gated neighborhood. I know that this city has a lot of crime and scumbags, but it's not the warzone that some of these miserable people make it seem. While my wife and I were teens and in our early 20's, we studied, worked hard and saved for the things that we have now. Some of these miserable people smoked dope, drank beer, and didnt go to school. Now they are complaining on how tuff life is. My response to them is to pack up and find a place where the cost of living is less. Since they hate latins so much, maybe Miami isnt a good place for them. The latins arent going to go anywhere. It's funny because you never hear them complaining of any other race that is committing crimes. Trust me, it isnt only the latins. By no means am I saying that Miami is a nice place to live and raise a family, but if I was that miserable in a place, I wouldn't be living there complaining 24/7. As the old people pop up with their new screen names, I simply use my ignore button. So when are you becoming a Miami moderator. Your posts are intelligent and you seem to like it. Good luck.

Old 07-12-2007, 11:21 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,894,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eufo View Post
Your moderating skills are innate!

Back to the subject: Shipping out the poor.
I just read a report on the Florida forum about the future of South Florida. Lets just say I am on edge right now...I want to run for local government. I need to gain some experience. But first, I need to go to college .

http://www.collinscenter.org/usr_doc/SFlaReg2010.pdf

Does that send chills down your spine? It sure does send chills down mine...they are all realistic and true examples. I was reading a FAU report a while back that predicted similar outcomes, but it was a little more simple and easy to understand, and used demographic projections.

Last edited by compelled to reply; 07-12-2007 at 11:35 PM..

Old 07-12-2007, 11:52 PM

564 posts, read 1,900,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post
I just read a report on the Florida forum about the future of South Florida. Lets just say I am on edge right now...I want to run for local government. I need to gain some experience. But first, I need to go to college .

http://www.collinscenter.org/usr_doc/SFlaReg2010.pdf

Does that send chills down your spine? It sure does send chills down mine...they are all realistic and true examples. I was reading a FAU report a while back that predicted similar outcomes, but it was a little more simple and easy to understand, and used demographic projections.
Awesome report! You should make a separate thread discussing this. Those different scenarios were kind of scary, especially the Rio in South Florida and the Falling off the Edge. I believe we are right in between those two and heading south.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami