Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 04:53 PM

60 posts, read 132,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinetic_A View Post
I still have not been to the beach. I told myself I would make time...but I haven't done it yet.
Are you serious? You need to get to the beach!!! It's the #1 reason most people move here!

Old 10-10-2010, 05:17 PM

609 posts, read 1,140,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnInspired View Post
Are you serious? You need to get to the beach!!! It's the #1 reason most people move here!
I guess...I just haven't made time for it.

Old 10-10-2010, 06:24 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
Shoot! You sound just like me! I am either working, or holed up in my house. I know that there is stuff to do here, and I really need to do some stuff...but I just work all the time. But, I am an old cougar woman, so it does not matter...but you are a young hottie, you need to be out there partying away at Wet Willies or whatever...dancing at Mangoes...checking out the beach babes. At least go for a bike ride, or go skating. Really, you need to plan on your costume for Halloween, it is TOTALLY outrageous here, just go hang on Lincoln road.

Old 10-10-2010, 06:51 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,200,080 times
Awww, cougars can have fun too

Old 10-10-2010, 07:23 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
Yeah, maybe that is what I will be for Halloween...how does a "cougar" dress? Hmm...no doubt, high end clothes, lots of expensive jewelry, lots of plastic surgery, and have a young gigilo on each arm...I better get started on my costume...

Old 10-10-2010, 08:02 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,200,080 times
I can be your young gigilo

Old 10-10-2010, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Shoot! You sound just like me! I am either working, or holed up in my house. I know that there is stuff to do here, and I really need to do some stuff...but I just work all the time. But, I am an old cougar woman, so it does not matter...but you are a young hottie, you need to be out there partying away at Wet Willies or whatever...dancing at Mangoes...checking out the beach babes. At least go for a bike ride, or go skating. Really, you need to plan on your costume for Halloween, it is TOTALLY outrageous here, just go hang on Lincoln road.
But I dont seem to function well going out alone. And how do you know I'm a hottie? I could be some butt-ugly cretin that has a face only a mother could love....unless you've been spying on me.....

Old 10-10-2010, 09:09 PM

242 posts, read 315,710 times
If you're a man and if you like rat-faced b**tches with bug-eyed sunglasses (Lady ChonGagas), then you'll be fine.

Old 10-10-2010, 09:12 PM

Ew. No. I never understood the shades that cover 99.9% of their face. If that's the case....buy a Burka.

Old 10-10-2010, 09:35 PM

123 posts, read 279,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan el Capitan View Post
What is the dating scene like in Miami? Is this the ideal city for a single person? Is this a good place to find someone special and eventually become serious with them? What does the opposite sex expect from their counterparts in this vibrant and tropical paradise? Do you have to flashy and wealthy to get any love or do you have to be a good dancer? What are the women like in Miami?
You know, I have found that a lot of people confuse Miami with Miami Beach. Anything and everything negative about Miami Beach (particularly 40 year old coke whores trying to act 15 and look 17 are, ahem, abreast). That being said, Miami Beach is an awesome place.

The best place to find a mate may be the rich university life that is down there (University of Miami, FIU, Barry University, etc.) It is not all 18 year old coeds--there are plenty of people in their mid to late 20s studying for their doctorates.

Plus, if you are a more traditional type of person, Broward County and Ft. Lauderdale are only 45 minutes away.

As long as you are young, Miami and Miami Beach are ideal places for single guys. I am not sure if there is any other place like it. But...if you are looking to get serious, think about what you want. If you are traditional, there is a huge Latin population (and to make a gross generalization, Latin cultured people tend to be more marriage and family oriented than your average Caucasian). Oh, and you do not have to know how to dance, but in all seriousness, it is a superficial city, and it does not hurt if you know how to drop your Visa card.

Miami, I have found is sort of like Washington DC in that no one is from there, so it is really easy to meet people. Just...be careful who your friends are. Miami is no small town, and it is easy to get screwed (in all senses of the word).

But--Viva Miami! There are so many positives about it, that, if you are thinking about it even a little, go for it; I did, and it was the best thing I did in my life lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami