Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 06:44 AM

56 posts, read 161,073 times

Advertisements

My little brother is graduating from college and accepted a job in Salisbury, MD. Neither of us know much about the area so what are some good things he can check out so that he doesn't text me incessantly that he's bored. I live near Wilmington, DE so I expect we'll hang out occasionally (and I can crash at his place to go to the beach!).

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2014, 05:51 AM

56 posts, read 161,073 times
It looks like my brother is S-O-L and he'll be visiting a lot.. LOL!!!

Old 05-09-2014, 08:43 AM

13,368 posts, read 27,015,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyP27 View Post
It looks like my brother is S-O-L and he'll be visiting a lot.. LOL!!!
Well, at least he has a job, unlike so many other college grads who can only find a job at Starbucks. He will have to figure out how to entertain himself.

Old 05-09-2014, 03:03 PM

461 posts, read 1,283,317 times
I imagine he'll spend a lot of time in Ocean City and the Delaware Beaches.

Old 02-18-2015, 08:18 AM

3 posts, read 6,059 times
WORST PLACE EVER.....stay away, unless you like backwards rednecks, the smell of chicken **** and really high crime.

Old 02-18-2015, 09:01 AM

5,940 posts, read 3,568,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmc410 View Post
WORST PLACE EVER.....stay away, unless you like backwards rednecks, the smell of chicken **** and really high crime.
You kind of have all that screwed up don't you? You should have said,....Yep, Stay away, if you don't like easy going friendly country folk, stay away if you don't like delicious fried chicken, and stay away if you don't like low crime rates.

Maybe you feel that way because some "backwards redneck" didn't like your smart adz attitude, and called you on it.

If there is a slight rise in crime at Ocean City, during the summer, you will see that the Criminals responsible are almost always from some other place , with attitudes like yours.

Old 02-18-2015, 09:37 AM

698 posts, read 1,051,272 times
it's been 9 years since i lived in salisbury, and i still miss it. i found it to be friendly, low-key, compact and accessible, and convenient to some other significant amenities - stores, shopping, beach, restaurants inc. ocean city, and a surprising number of cultural events through salisbury university. i do think that age and stage in life make a difference in terms of how well you acclimate to the area. if you are young and want a lot of nightlife, i don't think you'll find it there, although that was never anything that interested me.

i found it an easy place to be, and i still have thoughts- hopes?- of perhaps returning there in retirement.

catsy girl

Old 02-18-2015, 10:29 AM

386 posts, read 655,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmc410 View Post
I bet Salisbury is much better off without people like you.

Old 02-18-2015, 06:18 PM

631 posts, read 1,395,503 times
That dude is a troll.. He has been to 3 other threads to say the same thing..

There are some neighborhoods I would avoid, such as Downtown or the outskirts of Downtown in East or West Salisbury, further out are better. North Salisbury is nice as well.

Crime is higher because it is a smaller city, so you have to take the good and the bad

Old 02-19-2015, 07:35 AM

165 posts, read 232,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EducatedBro82 View Post
That dude is a troll.. He has been to 3 other threads to say the same thing..

There are some neighborhoods I would avoid, such as Downtown or the outskirts of Downtown in East or West Salisbury, further out are better. North Salisbury is nice as well.

Crime is higher because it is a smaller city, so you have to take the good and the bad
South Salisbury (as you are headed towards the Virginia line) looks nice and there are businesses that have opened up in the last few years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
View detailed profiles of: