Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2007, 03:54 PM

12 posts, read 48,520 times

Advertisements

I am moving to the Eastern part of maryland in one year. I am tring to find some Townhomes or apartments that is affortable. I am looking in the price range of $400-$600 that is in a nice area (1bedroom-1bath). Do anyone no of any Townhome / apartments that fits this price range OR close to it? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me!! I will not be able to come and look at this area before i start school.

Therapy4life
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2007, 11:39 AM

40 posts, read 150,926 times
Default Salisbury, MD...very bad choice

If all you have to pay is $400-600 per month for rent you need to look elsewhere or be ready to live in the ghetto areas of Salisbury..like Church Street and "the reservaton" and such areas. Salisbury is has become overdeveloped (like Ocean City) however there are no jobs to support this new hous building growth. I've lived here almost 8 years and will be leaving in 2 weeks (praise GOD). With a roommate (also tricky) you might get a decent apartment. The gangs are taking over and transplants are not welcome. You are viewed as untrustworthy because you are not a native. Sometimes it's suttle but usually it's in your face. On the lower eastern shore...transplants are to be ostracized not welcomed.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:49 PM

12 posts, read 48,520 times
Thank you so much for your reply!!!! If you suggest to not live in Salsibury, MD what part of maryland do you suggest? I will be attending the university of maryland eastern shore. So, what other cities do you suggest that is close to this school and would be a good area for me to relocate to?

Old 07-17-2007, 09:28 AM

70 posts, read 273,652 times
try hotpads.com. It will show you the exact areas apartments are in and give you statistics about each city. I'm in the same situation...

Jess

Old 07-19-2007, 11:44 AM

57 posts, read 154,028 times
I found this ad in my school e-mail. Not sure if it's kosher to share it here --- have no idea what these units might be like.

<GBSTEELMAN@salisbury.edu>
Subject: Fall 2007 rentals

Rentals for 2007 Fall Semester!

One and two bedroom units available
Within walking distance to Campus
Freshly renovated including new appliances
*List of features includes:
Hardwood floors
Washer and Dryer
Dishwasher
Ceiling Fans
New cbinets=20
New fixtures
Lighted Off Street Parking
Close to Downtown Attractions
Rents start as low as 400 per month
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
View detailed profiles of: