Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 09:15 AM

6,385 posts, read 13,177,213 times

Advertisements

^^ This is a 2008 thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 01:25 PM

1,615 posts, read 3,584,243 times
wow...I was reeled into this one by a thread necromancer.

Old 10-21-2009, 02:09 PM

2 posts, read 7,202 times
Default No you were not

Quote:
Originally Posted by advicepls View Post
I live in Islip, what denotes an illegal apartment? If an inspector comes do you automatically get fined or do you get time to cure the situation. Please help! Any advice is appreciated.

Still looking for input on this matter. Thank you for your helpfulness.

Old 10-21-2009, 02:39 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,407,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomMoser View Post
Keep in mind that the town cannot enter your premises without permission. You can always deny them entry if you choose.
yeah but if you deny them, all the more reason for them to think you are hiding something.

OP, if you have nothing to hide and your house is legit, just let them in and they will be in and out and on their merry way.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:28 AM

1 posts, read 2,523 times
Default Repair of fencing

Does anyone know if it is within code for a neighbor to replace the sections of a 4ft. picket fence with sheets of plywood?

Old 02-22-2012, 08:37 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,983,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltortora View Post
Does anyone know if it is within code for a neighbor to replace the sections of a 4ft. picket fence with sheets of plywood?
We don't even know where you live, how would we know?

Old 02-22-2012, 04:02 PM

294 posts, read 744,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltortora View Post
Why don't you start a new thread? How would anyone find this question at the end of a thread that's three years old?

Old 02-22-2012, 10:11 PM

999 posts, read 2,360,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedmomwestislip View Post
Hi, what happens if I deny them entry?

Could they take me to court? We moved to west islip for peace and a safe area, now I have headache.

I'm home alone all day with the kids, I get nervous having strangers in my home. I don't have family around.

Thank you for your answers,

They can simply watch the garbage and mail to see whats going on. . . .

I'd find out who the pot stirrer is and have a weedwacker marathon

Old 11-24-2014, 07:17 AM

1 posts, read 1,705 times
I moved into a basement apartment and it flooded twice. Then mold set in and damaged my things. Come to find out it was illegal. They accomidated me with the upstairs. They tried to move me back in the basement, and I told them I found out it was illegal. they had no flood insurance, they lied and said that I was a family member living there, and put the upstairs on craigslist and did not tell me.I have been paying them rent, and told them I have a child with allergies and have to move. I paid them 3 months security and need that to move. How do I go about getting my money back so I can pay for a new place to move to. Also no heat in the house

Old 11-24-2014, 04:25 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,189,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goopy 44 View Post
I moved into a basement apartment and it flooded twice. Then mold set in and damaged my things. Come to find out it was illegal. They accomidated me with the upstairs. They tried to move me back in the basement, and I told them I found out it was illegal. they had no flood insurance, they lied and said that I was a family member living there, and put the upstairs on craigslist and did not tell me.I have been paying them rent, and told them I have a child with allergies and have to move. I paid them 3 months security and need that to move. How do I go about getting my money back so I can pay for a new place to move to. Also no heat in the house
You don't. You have no lease in an illegal apartment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island