Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2023, 04:56 PM

427 posts, read 155,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
lol MOST?? 12% of people work from home full time and 28% work part time/hybrid at home. Those numbers btw have been dropping since the post Covid high as many companies are now forcing people back. It’s nowhere near close to a majority heck it’s not even close to a plurality
Many city residents are what the Covidians would call "essential workers" who can't work from home. It's always nice to see how out-of-touch some people are, helps explain why we're in such a pickle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2024, 04:21 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,500,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uggggs View Post
You my good sir, have no clue what your talking about! Been the the City few times recently; different areas, timea and with my kids. No once did I feel unsafe...its actually more packed then ever which I think sucks cause of all the lines and wait times..
I only work in Manhattan but I have no idea what I'm talking about huh?

Last edited by haywood16; 01-02-2024 at 04:21 PM.. Reason: .

Old 01-02-2024, 04:27 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,500,810 times
Quote:
Florida, yes...just lets move backwards with womens health, worse education, legalized shootings, and ****ty weather and the possibility of losing your home at anytime. Pros and cons to every place, there is no one size fit all.
So basically, you're a liberal, pro-abortion (murder). Education? NY has the most money spent least return in education in the nation. In Florida they are not hanging BLM and LGBT flags in the classroom with diversity and anti American/European history lessons. You are against legal shootings? So basically, you think people should be victims and depend on the police to respond with a slight delay? What does that even mean?

Old 01-02-2024, 05:58 PM

297 posts, read 133,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haywood16 View Post
So basically, you're a liberal, pro-abortion (murder). Education? NY has the most money spent least return in education in the nation. In Florida they are not hanging BLM and LGBT flags in the classroom with diversity and anti American/European history lessons. You are against legal shootings? So basically, you think people should be victims and depend on the police to respond with a slight delay? What does that even mean?
Working in Manhattan doesnt mean jack and you know it. Just means you follow a set routine to goto work and very familiar with the train schedules. And you might goto a bar for happy hour once in awhile or catch dinner with friends one every 6 mo ths.

And not a liberal, im just not stupid to believe what the news tells me nor do I care about someone elses decision to abort or personal lifestyle. Your words mean nothing without citing an actual fact, what you think isnt a fact. Honestly tho, what do you really know about what is hung in NYC school, let alone one in Florida? Why care so much, unless your life is so ordinary and boring you have to distract yourself somehow.

Difference between Asians, we qre conservative but we also dont really care. We arent as easily distracted about crap that doesnt matter except safety and education- agnostic to it...prob why Asians are the more educated race and make the highest salaries as an ethnicity...fact

Since ppl in Florida dont really walk and driving is big. Well, there are plenty of there are videos of road rage, guns pulled and ppl shot at and killed but to eqch their own.

Old 01-03-2024, 05:30 PM

184 posts, read 228,048 times
The reports of NYC’s demise have been greatly exaggerated. The city’s not going anywhere and is still light years safer than the 70’s

Old 01-03-2024, 06:05 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBlonde View Post
Watching all the protests and crime Mayor Adams said the migrant crisis WILL bankrupt the city.

I understand this is very bad for manhattan and Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island and the Bronx
But how does this affect Nassau County ?
I know many young city workers (firefighters etc) who could potentially lose their jobs
If NYC goes bankrupt they'll just start building more apartment buildings on LI

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 01-03-2024, 08:13 PM

1,302 posts, read 334,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland Deschain View Post
The reports of NYC’s demise have been greatly exaggerated. The city’s not going anywhere and is still light years safer than the 70’s
“Slowly at first, then all at once”.

Old 01-05-2024, 07:56 AM

132 posts, read 103,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland Deschain View Post
It’s also light years more crowded and light years more expensive

Old 01-05-2024, 08:08 AM

132 posts, read 103,023 times
Quote:
Working in Manhattan doesnt mean jack and you know it. Just means you follow a set routine to goto work and very familiar with the train schedules. And you might goto a bar for happy hour once in awhile or catch dinner with friends one every 6 mo ths.

And not a liberal, im just not stupid to believe what the news tells me nor do I care about someone elses decision to abort or personal lifestyle. Your words mean nothing without citing an actual fact, what you think isnt a fact. Honestly tho, what do you really know about what is hung in NYC school, let alone one in Florida? Why care so much, unless your life is so ordinary and boring you have to distract yourself somehow.

Difference between Asians, we qre conservative but we also dont really care. We arent as easily distracted about crap that doesnt matter except safety and education- agnostic to it...prob why Asians are the more educated race and make the highest salaries as an ethnicity...fact

Since ppl in Florida dont really walk and driving is big. Well, there are plenty of there are videos of road rage, guns pulled and ppl shot at and killed but to eqch their own.
Unfortunately The crime in Manhattan will eventually impact your life, your family and or family business.
So putting your head in the sand will bite you in the a** one day. It’s going to effect all of us .

Old 01-05-2024, 09:50 AM

1,302 posts, read 334,096 times
NYC is in a death spiral. Many won’t notice or don’t understand the underlying issues. The issues are well known to everyone but remedial work won’t be done either because it’s not politically expedient or the right people can’t get to the right places in order to do the job.

By death spiral I don’t mean that NYC will be Mad Max or apocalyptic. What’s happening a will continue to happen for at least the next 5+ years is that QOL in virtually all respects will continue to substantially deteriorate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island