Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2023, 08:46 AM

2,442 posts, read 2,866,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Why would you go back to NYC and the cesspool that it is?

Gosh , I think Manhattan ( and parts of Queens and Brooklyn ) is great.
The city has so much to offer , wonderful museums and theaters . Many
parks to walk through. Great restaurants .
Each neighborhood is like a little village .
Exactly! That's why I can't get my daughter to move back here to Raleigh. They can walk to Central Park, museums, and dozens of good restaurants. My 2 year old grandson is already a pro at taking the bus and subway to all the interesting neighborhoods and parks.
When I visit, I get tired of the smeared dog poop all over the sidewalk but that doesn't faze them.

Old 11-09-2023, 11:37 AM

34,011 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx89 View Post
Give it up. It will take 3 generations to weed out the negative name of Hempstead before people accept it as a place you want to go. You could tell me the best restaurant in the world is in Hempstead and nothing is priced higher than $17 and my reservation is for sat at 7pm with a comp of $20. I still wouldn’t go because it’s Hempstead.
At this point I believe Nassau County does not want to see Hempstead Village improve

The question is why

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 11-09-2023, 12:09 PM

87 posts, read 25,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvainraider View Post
Kids that grow up in NYC as in Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, and Manhattan end up with street smarts. Kids that grow up in suburbs end up weaker and stupid which is common in Staten Island, Long Island, Westchester, and Jersey(except Jersey City and Hoboken). The more walkable area a place is the better it is for health and mind. There are always exceptions. That's why eastern parts of Asia and Western Europe generally have higher IQs. Combination of walking and heavy mass transit.
Walking and heavy mass transit equal higher IQ.

Old 11-09-2023, 12:52 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,766,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvainraider View Post
Better than meth and oxy ridden ridden Long Island with all the drunk and drugged up drivers. By the way, when congestion pricing comes along and you try to park above 59th street in Manhattan or Queens and avoid the toll don't cry if your car gets towed or isn't in one piece.

As for the subway to suburbs, the el in Chicago goes to the suburbs like Oak Park and the DC Metro goes to Arlington, VA and Alexandria, VA. These are all cleaner and in better shape than the third world wannabe Los Angeles but will never make it suburbs of Long Island.
LMAO! Meth? That's a midwest/west coast drug chief not common on the east coast, Oxy? LOL welcome to 2002. You cant even get your drugs straight. LOL because filthy urine soaked NYC is just drug free right? You can see the addicts walking up and down broadway muttering to themselves on a daily basis. Its sad. Not to mention the stink of weed literally EVERYWHERE. The DC metro is pretty much the exact same thing as the LIRR, those are bunch transportation hubs that connect to a major city. The suburbs of Chicago and the DC suburbs don't have local subway systems, because suburbs and most of the country use a little thing called CARS. Something you bizarrely seem to hate. Did your fail your drivers test or something back in the day? Did your mommy not buy you a car? LOL! Anyway enjoy your loud crime ridden urban jungle, im just fine in my nice clean quiet part of suburbia, just please stay where you are, don't ever move here!

Old 11-09-2023, 12:54 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,766,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobLucian View Post
Walking and heavy mass transit equal higher IQ.
LOL I know what a clown comment, we are dealing with a real intellect here! hilarious.

Old 11-09-2023, 01:25 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,325,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
LMAO! Meth? That's a midwest/west coast drug chief not common on the east coast, Oxy? LOL welcome to 2002. You cant even get your drugs straight. LOL because filthy urine soaked NYC is just drug free right? You can see the addicts walking up and down broadway muttering to themselves on a daily basis. Its sad. Not to mention the stink of weed literally EVERYWHERE. The DC metro is pretty much the exact same thing as the LIRR, those are bunch transportation hubs that connect to a major city. The suburbs of Chicago and the DC suburbs don't have local subway systems, because suburbs and most of the country use a little thing called CARS. Something you bizarrely seem to hate. Did your fail your drivers test or something back in the day? Did your mommy not buy you a car? LOL! Anyway enjoy your loud crime ridden urban jungle, im just fine in my nice clean quiet part of suburbia, just please stay where you are, don't ever move here!
LI is not w/o its fault's but comparing drug use here to NYC when people are shooting heroin out in the open and it smells like a Jay-z\ grateful dead concert all over is comical.

Old 11-09-2023, 02:17 PM

2 posts, read 991 times
Quote:

Chicago El goes into suburbs and so does the DC Metro. Both are rapid transit systems ever though DC is legally commuter rail but that's cause it goes into two states Virginia and Maryland. The only thing is DC Metro charges by distance which is the only commonality between LIRR, Metro-North, and NJ Transit.
DC's closest equivalent to is VRE and MARC and in Chicago's case it's METRA. So you don't even know the train systems cause you never been outside the island except when you go down to Florida and give Bjs to your drug dealer

You enjoy your suburbs cause that's where all the boy loving sex offenders like you live.

Old 11-09-2023, 03:29 PM

2 posts, read 991 times
Quote:
That’s the EXACT same thing the LIRR does you brainless troll. It’s a feeder metro train system to DC just like the LIRR is. But there is not an extensive subway system like the city has. What part of that can’t you get through your thick troglodyte skull mrvainraider. lol fight? So you are pretty much admitting you have to fight to be safe on the subway. Must be nice to live life in a sewer. You also seem to be strangely obsessed with drugs, funny coming from a clown who lives in a place where literal zombie drug addicts roam the streets nearly everywhere. Enjoy!
DC Metro is a RAPID Transit just like the NYC Subway you boy lover even though legally commuter rail cause it operates out of state. DC Metro is more like the PATH train in Jersey and subject to FRA regulations which are stricter than MTA regulations. LIRR is a commuter rail that operates on a FIXED schedule. The DC Metro has no true fixed schedule. The only commonality is it charges by the distance but so does many systems around the world. The conductor on DC Metro doesn't collect your fare unlike the LIRR. DC Metro calculated on entry and exist which makes these DIFFERENT systems but with the DC Metro able to go deeper into Virginia to the point it goes 25 miles to Dulles Airport with stops in between.
Typical drug addicted LIRR crack head junkie you don't know much about trains or even cars for that matter.

Old 11-09-2023, 04:07 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,271,680 times
Thread closed

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island