Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2023, 04:17 PM

5,300 posts, read 4,786,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by under a mountain View Post
The Dems voted to keep him around because he such an embarrassment for Repubs. You can't buy bad PR like the kind he generates.
lol not a chance he’s a crucial vote they would love to get. The crazy news cycle over santos outside of NY is long over. Most people don’t have a clue who he even is outside of NY. Plus dems have their own problems with their newly indicted Senator.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2023, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
This is from North Carolina Congressman Jeff Jackson who is one of the Democrats who voted against expelling Santos. I personally wish they voted to expel Santos, but I respect where he is coming from on this. It also leads me to believe there will likely be quite a few more votes to oust him when the ethics report comes out, though I still doubt it comes to the 2/3 needed.
There will be a few more for sure especially on the dem side, but this about self preservation they don’t want to start a precedent which could come back to bite them in the future especially when they have their own issues with a corrupt senator who refuses to resign. 2/3rds extremely unlikely even if it’s a damning report. As I said plenty of past congressmen have had bad ethics reports but were not expelled. Can’t wait to see the tantrum D’Espisito throws when he fails again

Old 11-03-2023, 07:50 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,040,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx89 View Post
Who cares. He’s not in my district, I would 100% vote for him if he was, not because I like him. The last thing we need is any more lunatic liberal democrats in the house. I would vote for a stray cat over a liberal.
Right... at least you no longer need to wonder how a brain addled hair sniffer like Biden gets elected... and why we are destined to continue this circle of insanity.

I'd vote to keep Santos around, too... the whole circus of removing McCarthy, who is at least was centrist enough to appear sane, and then the clown show of electing a replacement had the GOP dysfunction on full display... only to land on Jordan with a jacket... I mean wow... the true clown show is only just starting.

Keep Santos around... let the GOP continue to dig their own grave heading into '24... wise move by Dems.

Old 11-03-2023, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
Right... at least you no longer need to wonder how a brain addled hair sniffer like Biden gets elected... and why we are destined to continue this circle of insanity.

I'd vote to keep Santos around, too... the whole circus of removing McCarthy, who is at least was centrist enough to appear sane, and then the clown show of electing a replacement had the GOP dysfunction on full display... only to land on Jordan with a jacket... I mean wow... the true clown show is only just starting.

Keep Santos around... let the GOP continue to dig their own grave heading into '24... wise move by Dems.
lol I’m sure you had a trigger tantrum when Johnson (a good man btw) was unanimously elected. Must have been hilarious. Love how you are repeating the exact literal democrat talking point that was said on the floor “he’s Jordan in a jacket” by the democrats. Shows exactly what a fake you really are, and that pretty much all your self-righteous rambling on here is just BS, I guess you let what “team” you are on slip there Mikey!

Old 11-03-2023, 10:10 AM

431 posts, read 157,245 times
So many of the political threads around here are fiddling while Rome burns. It's exasperating.

The left recognizes the stakes here. They embrace nearly every scumbag that makes it into power (tossing a few like Cuomo or Spitzer to the lions here and there when politically convenient for them), weaponize the government against their political opponents, rig your elections, take over your children's education, rule the airwaves, and flood the country with millions of future voters, while the right sits around and tries to sabotage their own President's agenda, crying about MUH DECORUM.

And you people are still fretting Santos lying about being a Jew to get elected? Holy crap. They're WINNING. And honestly it's starting to seem like they deserve it, because they clearly want it more.

Old 11-03-2023, 10:44 AM

186 posts, read 67,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
lol I’m sure you had a trigger tantrum when Johnson (a good man btw) was unanimously elected. Must have been hilarious. Love how you are repeating the exact literal democrat talking point that was said on the floor “he’s Jordan in a jacket” by the democrats. Shows exactly what a fake you really are, and that pretty much all your self-righteous rambling on here is just BS, I guess you let what “team” you are on slip there Mikey!
Wow what a childish post.

Old 11-03-2023, 11:42 AM

22,214 posts, read 19,509,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powell on Property View Post
So many of the political threads around here are fiddling while Rome burns. It's exasperating.

The left recognizes the stakes here. They embrace nearly every scumbag that makes it into power (tossing a few like Cuomo or Spitzer to the lions here and there when politically convenient for them), weaponize the government against their political opponents, rig your elections, take over your children's education, rule the airwaves, and flood the country with millions of future voters, while the right sits around and tries to sabotage their own President's agenda, crying about MUH DECORUM.

And you people are still fretting Santos lying about being a Jew to get elected? Holy crap. They're WINNING. And honestly it's starting to seem like they deserve it, because they clearly want it more.
Few things to point out, he lied about much more than simply being Jewish, the whole my grandparents were Holocaust survivors, and his entire background. He has been under ethics investigations and was just indicted. Also worth mentioning while most Democrats did vote to oust him, it was several of his Republican colleagues that led the push for the expulsion vote (D'Esposito, LaLota, Lawler, Molinaro)

Old 11-03-2023, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cablegeek117 View Post
Wow what a childish post.
Yeah ok…

Old 11-03-2023, 08:46 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,040,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powell on Property View Post

Take out the blatantly obvious leanings of your politics and you make great points... the "embrace nearly every scumbag" is universal to both parties... it's survival, look at all the posts in this thread alone not caring what a scumbag Santos is because he will tow the party line... even you conveniently play it off as "lying about being a Jew"... it's way more than that... he's a very bad person.

Cuomo and Spitzer are 2 awesome examples of how the left shoots itself... it wasn't even close to Weiner level... Cuomo wasn't even as bad as sniffer Biden, just a simple hatchet job... you call it "politically convenient", I call it stupid... Idiots... taken out by the very media that you say "rule the airwaves".

It's really dramatic to say "weaponize" and "rig", it's straight out of the right's messaging... it's amazing how many will play the victim... I just don't get how this messaging makes any sense and keeps being parroted... it's like some kid looking for sympathy because "life isn't fair"... boo ducking hoo.

Both parties have special dysfunction... left has plenty you can have panic attacks about... the right keeps playing the victim and letting itself be hijacked by the whackos, getting absolutely nothing done.

Old 11-04-2023, 06:53 AM

5,075 posts, read 3,975,596 times
No surprise Santos remains in Congress.

Sure the left-leaning media screamed and yelled (and those who exclusively tune into left-leaning media may have been faked out) but that does not mean expulsion was probable.

Heck, Menendez is still very much a US Senator (a far more powerful position) and is credibly accused of acccepting bribes and betraying our country while serving as a US Senator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island