Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2023, 02:09 PM

5,878 posts, read 2,992,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powell on Property View Post
If this carries on much longer you're going to wish you lived in Russia.
Russia in many ways is more free 5en here. And you can pay off cops. Win win
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2023, 04:38 PM

3,292 posts, read 2,374,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
Your real vote is with your wallet. You either pack up and leave or shutup. I honestly can't see why people complain about voting in this country. It is all rigged but they can't stop you from leaving or refusing to pay certain things. I see so many people who complain about something they can't do anything about. Only losers just complain but does not take any action.
Yeah, because it is so easy to pick up and leave. Say goodbye to you career, your family, your friends that you have known for decades, your church, your professional license where you must take in another state. It’s just so easy to do all of that, right? Maybe you have nothing going on in your life. If I were single, I would be gone in a second. However, I have a spouse that does not want to leave her elderly mother and two kids in school that shouldn’t have to be ripped out and forced to adjust to leaving all of their friends behind and start over again in another state. It would make more sense for the disgusting POS people running this state to do what the people actually want than to have tens of thousands leave this corrupt state. Why not just run it correctly? There is more than enough to complain about.

Old 09-23-2023, 08:40 PM

431 posts, read 157,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
Yeah, because it is so easy to pick up and leave. Say goodbye to you career, your family, your friends that you have known for decades, your church, your professional license where you must take in another state. It’s just so easy to do all of that, right? Maybe you have nothing going on in your life. If I were single, I would be gone in a second. However, I have a spouse that does not want to leave her elderly mother and two kids in school that shouldn’t have to be ripped out and forced to adjust to leaving all of their friends behind and start over again in another state. It would make more sense for the disgusting POS people running this state to do what the people actually want than to have tens of thousands leave this corrupt state. Why not just run it correctly? There is more than enough to complain about.
Here here. And like I’ve said elsewhere on this forum, fleeing isn’t a plan. Where do you flee to? Our traitorous elites have been busy shipping illegals to every state in the country, and Europe is being invaded by Africa as we speak. The left will not LET you leave.

Old 09-24-2023, 08:42 AM

5,078 posts, read 3,978,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
I personally prefer to vote in person, but the option to be able to vote in mail should be there for everyone, not just those who are in very rural areas, not just for rich people who may or may not travel, not just for areas that may vote a certain way. Not to mention issues with long lines of polling places among other things which do happen.
I personally think NY had it about right but can also see why Hochul and the Democrats would want to change things.

The faux cries of ‘voter suppression’ and ‘racism’ reveal the cynical nature of recent Democratic voting ‘reforms’.

Old 09-24-2023, 10:05 AM

6,510 posts, read 3,196,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powell on Property View Post
Hear, hear. And like I’ve said elsewhere on this forum, fleeing isn’t a plan. Where do you flee to? Our traitorous elites have been busy shipping illegals to every state in the country, and Europe is being invaded by Africa as we speak. The left will not LET you leave.
I agree with both posts.

FWIW, I'm 72 years old, living in a paid off house. WTH would I go, that wouldn't cost me a considerable amount of money to move to? So, even if the COL there was notably lower, I doubt that I'd live long enough to reach the break even point..... I'm stuck.

Old 10-10-2023, 10:11 PM

8 posts, read 2,051 times
All voting should be done at the polls.

Old 10-11-2023, 02:57 PM

6,510 posts, read 3,196,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmacballbag View Post
All voting should be done at the polls.

Bingo!!!!

I'm 71 years old, first voted at 18, and every election since....IN PERSON!

Old 10-11-2023, 06:30 PM

3,537 posts, read 5,728,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmacballbag View Post
all voting should be done at the polls.
yep!

Old 10-14-2023, 04:36 AM

2,987 posts, read 1,174,427 times
I seen post about id remember nyc giving out id's to illegal aliens?

Old 10-14-2023, 05:07 AM

68 posts, read 26,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
I agree with both posts.

FWIW, I'm 72 years old, living in a paid off house. WTH would I go, that wouldn't cost me a considerable amount of money to move to? So, even if the COL there was notably lower, I doubt that I'd live long enough to reach the break even point..... I'm stuck.
Selling your house here would net you a ton of $, easily paying for your move, and a house somewhere else, along with money in the bank.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island