Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2023, 12:44 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,649,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rituzoau View Post
Did I say it was bad area of queens at all? Like it or not, Queens is very different from Long Island. It’s much, much more congested. That’s all I meant by it. Stop inferring.
You made a very blanket statement that you wouldn't choose Great Neck "as its too close to Queens". You didn't say its too close to Queens congestion! Manhasset is just as congested as those parts of Queens! Just more upscale! Don't blame me for your own inference....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2023, 04:01 PM

14 posts, read 8,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
You made a very blanket statement that you wouldn't choose Great Neck "as its too close to Queens". You didn't say its too close to Queens congestion! Manhasset is just as congested as those parts of Queens! Just more upscale! Don't blame me for your own inference....
yeaaaa, I think you're alone here in thinking that Manhasset is equally as congested as Queens. I hardly every have a car go down my block at night or overnight. Same for most of the other streets in the Plandome, Flower Hill, Strathmore. That's just not the case on any Queens street.
You do know Manhasset is more than just Northern Blvd. and Plandome road, right? Most residential areas are extremely quiet and suburban, with the exception of the areas right around the train station and somewhat Munsey Park.
Additionally, find me ONE 1-way street in all of Manhasset? You can't. The minute you cross the border into Little Neck, depending on the street you turn down, you are going down a 1-way street. Not sure how you can compare the congestion, double parking, and overall traffic from Queens as a whole to Manhasset as a whole.

Old 09-12-2023, 05:37 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,649,922 times
Quote:
yeaaaa, I think you're alone here in thinking that Manhasset is equally as congested as Queens. I hardly every have a car go down my block at night or overnight. Same for most of the other streets in the Plandome, Flower Hill, Strathmore. That's just not the case on any Queens street.
You do know Manhasset is more than just Northern Blvd. and Plandome road, right? Most residential areas are extremely quiet and suburban, with the exception of the areas right around the train station and somewhat Munsey Park.
Additionally, find me ONE 1-way street in all of Manhasset? You can't. The minute you cross the border into Little Neck, depending on the street you turn down, you are going down a 1-way street. Not sure how you can compare the congestion, double parking, and overall traffic from Queens as a whole to Manhasset as a whole.
Not Queens as a whole...just Douglaston and Bayside....

Old 09-13-2023, 12:48 AM

786 posts, read 485,117 times
Yes, above exactly.

By Queens "East" I was saying that Manhasset is more of an extension of Douglaston, Lilttle Neck and parts of Bayside. An upscale version. This is very accurate. And Manhasset does indeed face the same crime problems these neighborhoods do as well.

To the other dolts on this board, of course I'm not comparing the rest of crappy Queens to Manhasset.

Old 09-13-2023, 12:49 AM

786 posts, read 485,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracksuit View Post
Neither of these things will happen.
Nah, never.

https://longisland.news12.com/police...from-last-year

Old 09-13-2023, 04:49 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,769,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by islanders2021 View Post
Lol another article from a year ago which cherry picks a property crime that happens everywhere, this is happening all over, car thefts and break in averages are way up all over the US.

Old 09-13-2023, 07:03 AM

5,047 posts, read 3,953,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by islanders2021 View Post
There certainly are exceptions that prove rules.

Old 09-19-2023, 01:43 PM

36 posts, read 23,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Manhasset (and especially Plandome) a step up from GC for sure IMO. Schools are great, lots of families especially Plandome. As for addressing the above post with crime its still extremely safe, although crime is on the rise pretty much everywhere nowadays, we are still talking about one of the highest income areas on LI here, not East New York lol no place is completely immune to crime. Syosett/Jericho are nice areas but not in the same league (although the schools are ranked better) also unless you are Asian (especially in Jericho) or Jewish you may feel like a bit of an outsider in those towns.
Jericho School District, which includes the majority of Brookville and Old Westbury (and even some tiny part of Rosyln/East hill), is a great place to live if you're looking for large mansions and land. Jericho is comparable to Manhasset, but has better schools.

Not to mention, Jericho has one of the best train stations on Long Island, Hicksville Station, which offers a 40-minute express train to Penn Station or Grand Central Terminal every 10 minutes.

Jericho is also close to two major highways and all major shopping centers and businesses. Being in the nearly mid-center of Long Island, you're not too far from the east or west ends of the island, either by train or car.

Old 09-19-2023, 07:30 PM

14 posts, read 8,492 times
where are the mansions? When I was looking in Jericho, the houses all around were normal sized with average sized lots. I had seen about 4 or 5 houses in Jericho both east and west of North Broadway. Is there another area that has large houses and lots?

Old 09-19-2023, 08:12 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,327,622 times
Quote:
where are the mansions? When I was looking in Jericho, the houses all around were normal sized with average sized lots. I had seen about 4 or 5 houses in Jericho both east and west of North Broadway. Is there another area that has large houses and lots?
Not in Jericho, mostly brookville, old westbury, muttontown. All 3 of those towns huge portions are zoned for Jericho schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island