Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2023, 04:05 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,649,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rituzoau View Post
yes, you essentially have Port Washington to the north, Great Neck to the west, Roslyn to the east and North Hills to the south. All of which are nice areas and very safe. That was one of the appealing aspects of Manhasset to me.
When looking at areas, Port Washington felt a little too secluded to me, kind of like Long Beach (only a few ways in and few ways out) and Great Neck felt too close to Queens. This left Roslyn and Manhasset and Manhasset checked off more boxes for us than Roslyn did, although you really can't go wrong with Roslyn either.
Yes you don't want to be close to the riff raff of Bayside/Douglaston Queens! Snob much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2023, 04:31 PM

14 posts, read 8,492 times
Did I say it was bad area of queens at all? Like it or not, Queens is very different from Long Island. It’s much, much more congested. That’s all I meant by it. Stop inferring.

Old 09-11-2023, 06:41 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,327,622 times
Quote:
Did I say it was bad area of queens at all? Like it or not, Queens is very different from Long Island. It’s much, much more congested. That’s all I meant by it. Stop inferring.
We used to liver 10 years ago and my wife works there. It's a different place today and not for the better.

Old 09-12-2023, 01:10 AM

786 posts, read 485,117 times
Quote:
I love Manhasset however I hardly consider it Long Island. It's basically Queens East but very upscale. Why do I say this? You can literally drive East on Northern blvd from Flushing to Manhasset in 15/20 minutes, they are so close. Northern blvd is an absolute mess...a total nightmare with traffic from about 2p to 8p. Every day!

While I'd still choose Manhasset over GC, in reality if I had that kind of dime to drop on a home I wouldn't even be looking in NY state period. Not worth it. $2M on a home in Manhasset and you can get robbed over at the Americana or car jacked in your driveway on the way home!!! No thx.

Old 09-12-2023, 06:13 AM

93 posts, read 41,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by islanders2021 View Post
I love Manhasset however I hardly consider it Long Island. It's basically Queens East but very upscale. Why do I say this? You can literally drive East on Northern blvd from Flushing to Manhasset in 15/20 minutes, they are so close. Northern blvd is an absolute mess...a total nightmare with traffic from about 2p to 8p. Every day!

While I'd still choose Manhasset over GC, in reality if I had that kind of dime to drop on a home I wouldn't even be looking in NY state period. Not worth it. $2M on a home in Manhasset and you can get robbed over at the Americana or car jacked in your driveway on the way home!!! No thx.
Neither of these things will happen.

Old 09-12-2023, 08:02 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,769,130 times
Quote:

Queens east?? Are you kidding me? Lol OP if you are still reading this thread discount everting this poster says it’s complete nonsense and hysterical alarmism.

Old 09-12-2023, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracksuit View Post
Neither of these things will happen.
Nope. His posts are hysterical though. You’d think the area was a war zone then he posts a few random crimes that occurred in the area (as if crime dosent happen everywhere lol)

Old 09-12-2023, 08:35 AM

973 posts, read 1,410,510 times
Quote:

15/20 minutes from Flushing!!!! Oh my god!

Much of the tri-state area is 15/20 minutes from The Bronx, Manhattan, or Queens. You can get from Manhattan to Rockland County in 20 minutes outside of rush hour.

And indeed, pretty much all of the eastern seaboard from Philly to Boston is 20 minutes from some crime-infested suburban neighborhood somewhere.

Old 09-12-2023, 09:12 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,105,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Nope. His posts are hysterical though. You’d think the area was a war zone then he posts a few random crimes that occurred in the area (as if crime dosent happen everywhere lol)
Would love to hear how he describes say, Roosevelt of Wyandanch.

Old 09-12-2023, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Would love to hear how he describes say, Roosevelt of Wyandanch.
Probably the worst parts of Mogadishu and Calcutta combined to him lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island