Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2023, 07:14 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,096,128 times

Advertisements

Just saw the old police sketch and I can "see" that he resembles the suspect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2023, 07:17 AM

4,194 posts, read 4,077,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by under a mountain View Post
Agreed, waiting to see, perhaps the architect was renting the house to the killer.

The 4 in burlap were most likely LISK, but I think a few people were dumping bodies there.
One of the victims was known to have robbed customers. She didn’t deserve to die but that could have been a motive in her case as opposed to a thrill killing.

Old 07-14-2023, 07:17 AM

4,697 posts, read 8,755,638 times
Wow. It seemed as if these bumbling morons would never crack this. It's reasonable to assume this guy didn't kill all of them - but hopefully they have an airtight case that clears some or most.

Old 07-14-2023, 07:18 AM

4,697 posts, read 8,755,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Just saw the old police sketch and I can "see" that he resembles the suspect.
there was a sketch of the killer? From who/when?

Old 07-14-2023, 07:37 AM

2,685 posts, read 2,325,501 times
He will be out w/o bail tomorrow.

Old 07-14-2023, 09:16 AM

6,384 posts, read 13,152,502 times
They have his DNA matching to crime scene victim. He’s dunzo.

Old 07-14-2023, 09:41 AM

2,685 posts, read 2,325,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
They have his DNA matching to crime scene victim. He’s dunzo.
It's been so long. He could just say he "hired" her. I won't be shocked if he's not a guilty. A good lawyer and long time lapse and obviously no eye witness is a tough case. DA aren't the cream of the crop, they are there because they couldn't get a high paying private law job (minus the rare bird that does it because they care)

Of course there could be more evidence. One would think after a decade, it would of been destroyed or long gone.

Old 07-14-2023, 09:57 AM

31,890 posts, read 26,926,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx89 View Post
It's been so long. He could just say he "hired" her. I won't be shocked if he's not a guilty. A good lawyer and long time lapse and obviously no eye witness is a tough case. DA aren't the cream of the crop, they are there because they couldn't get a high paying private law job (minus the rare bird that does it because they care)

Of course there could be more evidence. One would think after a decade, it would of been destroyed or long gone.
You just don't arrest a guy after ten or whatever long years based on a hunch. LE and others must have something they believe is pretty solid. Indeed they would need such evidence to get a judge to sign off on an arrest warrant.

Extent of case against suspect won't be known until DA puts cards on table at arraignment. That's first salvo in what likely will be a long process.

Old 07-14-2023, 10:44 AM

986 posts, read 1,016,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
You just don't arrest a guy after ten or whatever long years based on a hunch. LE and others must have something they believe is pretty solid. Indeed they would need such evidence to get a judge to sign off on an arrest warrant.

Extent of case against suspect won't be known until DA puts cards on table at arraignment. That's first salvo in what likely will be a long process.
Agreed. No way they would arrest someone in a high profile serial killer case without being 99% plus certain that he did it, with very solid evidence to back it up. I'd be stunned if it's NOT the right guy.

Old 07-14-2023, 10:46 AM

26,716 posts, read 26,776,017 times
MASSAPEQUA PARK, N.Y. – Police in New York's Long Island arrested suspect Rex Heuermann on Thursday evening (7/13/23) in connection with the Gilgo Beach serial killer case, Fox News has confirmed.

Heuermann is expected to appear in court in Yaphank, New York, on Friday afternoon. He was taken into custody last night in Manhattan, according to Suffolk County Police, and investigators are now searching a home in Massapequa Park in Long Island, about a 25-minute drive from where New York authorities discovered 11 sets of human remains strewn along a suburban beach highway in 2010 and 2011.

"I've lived with the Gilgo Beach investigation for my entire tenure as county executive, and I can tell you that during that time, the focus for me, members of our team have been on bringing justice for these victims and closure to these families who have suffered," Suffolk County Executive Steven Bellone told reporters gathered outside the home Friday in Massapequa Park.

Infamous Long Island serial killer suspect behind Gilgo Beach murders in custody:
https://www.foxnews.com/us/infamous-...tody-officials
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island