Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2021, 04:36 PM

577 posts, read 982,090 times

Advertisements

Is anyone aware of a location that does covid booster shots while in your car. The state did it at Jones beach but its since been closed, Thx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2021, 05:33 PM

1,503 posts, read 780,856 times
If your confined to your home there’s a service for certain counties. Not sure if that applies to you.

Old 12-03-2021, 06:51 AM

13,065 posts, read 18,199,759 times
Try calling Northwell Health System and ask. I know earlier this year they sent people to your home to vaccinate.

Old 12-03-2021, 06:37 PM

855 posts, read 455,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crv1010 View Post
Is anyone aware of a location that does covid booster shots while in your car. The state did it at Jones beach but its since been closed, Thx
I wouldn't get the booster in your car. Why risk one of the many side effects like heart attacks, strokes or seizures while behind the wheel?

Old 12-03-2021, 11:18 PM

2,589 posts, read 1,834,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticpearl View Post
I wouldn't get the booster in your car. Why risk one of the many side effects like heart attacks, strokes or seizures while behind the wheel?
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahha hahahhahahah

Pretty sure people have had all of those in their cars since cars were invented...and yet the evil boogey man vax hasn't moved the needle at all. See what I did there..."moved the needle." Dang, still got it! ha cha cha!

Old 12-04-2021, 03:46 AM

24,156 posts, read 32,606,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticpearl View Post
But you will gladly risk and spread COVID? And THIS nonsense. Interesting...

Link to references please? I have had all three of my vaccinations. Everyone who I know who lives on Long Island has too. What junk pseudo-science do you read and watch?

Old 12-04-2021, 07:19 AM

5,072 posts, read 9,163,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
But you will gladly risk and spread COVID? And THIS nonsense. Interesting...

Link to references please? I have had all three of my vaccinations. Everyone who I know who lives on Long Island has too. What junk pseudo-science do you read and watch?
Wait, we stopped the Rona from spreading? I must have missed that news story.

Old 12-04-2021, 07:24 AM

107,060 posts, read 109,362,256 times
we limited it greatly as well as limited the damages , we cant stop it.

you should have seen what long island jewish looked like last year ….they had 2x the covid patients they were able to handle when we were there.

the wing for covid was 300 single rooms ….they were all doubled up as well as covid patients that were stored in the Er area until rooms were free .

many that should have been admitted were turned away and put on northwell in home care.

i was admitted but my wife was put on homecare ….a day later she was back and admitted when her o2 levels fell lower.

so yeah there is a big difference

Old 12-04-2021, 09:23 AM

107,060 posts, read 109,362,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
The masks and shutdowns nibble at the margins - if at all. Both are symbols/gestures and folks who love symbols/gestures are certainly enamored with the notion.

Natural and acquired immunity are the only real players with this respiratory virus. (To be joined shortly by tamiflu-like medicines). No rocket science - we are all very familiar with another respiratory virus (flu). Naturally, when those two (natural and acquired immunity) are down the virus has a field day - and the most susceptible (older, obese, immune issues, etc) are at risk of death. We saw that a year ago in NYC and elsewhere.

I'm still not sure why Fauci did not push weight loss/get healthy as part of our response to combat covid deaths. Kids in masks does nothing to combat Covid deaths and he seems all for it.
Mandating weight loss Exercise Healthy eating no alcohol etc is not what mandates are about

Mandates are about you spewing your potentially sickening breath on others

Old 12-04-2021, 09:26 AM

5,081 posts, read 3,983,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Mandating weight loss Exercise Healthy eating no alcohol etc is not what mandates are about

Mandates are about you spewing your potentially sickening breath on others
Vaccinated folks may spew their 'potentially sickening breath' on others. Should they be mandated to mask? Indoors? Outdoors? Toddlers? N95? Double? Flu Season?

On the other hand, folks should be free to mask, double mask, glove, gown, face shield, to their hearts content.

Last edited by Quick Commenter; 12-04-2021 at 09:38 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island