Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2020, 06:05 PM

874 posts, read 729,138 times

Advertisements

so cuomo wants cops to go out on thanksgiving, to see if you have more then 10 people in your house.

at this point, cuomo is being a dictator.

https://www.newsday.com/news/health/...als-1.50073578

The infection level from test results Monday was 3.4% on Long Island and 2.5% in New York City. The number of new confirmed cases of COVID-19 was 362 in Nassau, 501 in Suffolk and 1,728 in New York City. Forty-seven people died in the state of COVID-19-related causes on Monday.

The statewide infection level Monday was 2.96%, including the microclusters, which are oversampled, and 2.62% excluding them. The level in the hot spots was 4.13%.

Cuomo criticized the Office of Suffolk County Sheriff Errol D. Toulon Jr. for stating in a Nov. 20 tweet that it "will not be participating" in enforcing the governor’s mandate that no more than 10 people gather inside a home for Thanksgiving.

"The law is the law," Cuomo said.

"The sheriff says, ‘Well, politically I disagree with you.’ Well, are you a politician, or are you a law enforcement officer? You have to pick. Because it gets very dangerous when a law enforcement officer says, ‘I’m only going to enforce the laws that I agree with,’ " Cuomo said.

"That’s a frightening precedent," he added. "What if they don’t agree with anti-discrimination laws? What if they don’t agree with domestic violence laws?"

Top Cuomo aide Melissa DeRosa said she believes the sheriff’s jurisdiction is only the jails and not the general population, "So his opinion on this is even more irrelevant."

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/co...243054951.html

Citing constitutional concerns, local law enforcement in communities across the U.S. — from police departments to sheriff’s offices — have said they won’t enforce statewide mandates limiting the number of people allowed to congregate and barring some businesses from reopening.

“When I took my oath of office, I swore to uphold the United States Constitution,” Alamance County Sheriff Terry Johnson said when the speedway reopened. “I will not enforce an unconstitutional law.”

at least 60 sheriffs nationwide have said they won’t enforce their states’ executive orders as of May 18. Former Arizona Sheriff Richard Mack supports them.

Mack heads the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association, which promotes sheriffs as “constitutional guards” with the “authority to check and balance all levels of government,” according to its website.

Mack said people defying government restrictions are only trying to “maintain their business and their liberties as guaranteed in the Bill of Rights.”

“I would ask every police officer in this country, ‘Where did you get any authority to violate the First Amendment?’” he told the newspaper. “If you violate an oath, you’ve committed perjury, and that is a crime in and of itself.”

Others in law enforcement are asking themselves the same question.
[LEFT]
Read more here: https://www.newsobserver.com/news/co...#storylink=cpy

[/LEFT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2020, 06:07 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
How strange after they fire the sheep dog and blame him for all their woes they start yelling wolf

Old 11-25-2020, 02:17 AM

20,060 posts, read 20,872,330 times
What this douchebag is trying to pull is totally unconstitutional.
He should’ve been immediately removed from office when he tried to get away this nonsense.
Kudos to law enforcement departments that refuse to cater to this prick. They are right, he is wrong.

Old 11-25-2020, 05:20 AM

2,771 posts, read 4,533,786 times
Can I set up two tents in my yard with 10 people in each for Thanksgiving?
(Asking for a friend)

Old 11-25-2020, 05:57 AM

6,384 posts, read 13,164,033 times
Yes tents are allowed. But no booze unless they have food and everyone must be out by 10 pm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky25 View Post
(Asking for a friend)

Old 11-25-2020, 06:14 AM

13,057 posts, read 18,129,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky25 View Post
(Asking for a friend)
Be sure they are 6 feet apart too.

Old 11-25-2020, 06:17 AM

22,672 posts, read 36,816,101 times
How the hell is this gonna be enforced anyway. We have four cars. You knock on my door you’re gonna find find four people. People don’t necessarily park at the house they’re visiting. People could take the train from the city and walk to someone’s house where I used to live in GC. How the hell would the police decide which house to check and which not to check? Meanwhile drunk drivers are out cruising the roads. Idiot.

Old 11-25-2020, 06:22 AM

2,045 posts, read 1,891,370 times
So sad that we can’t follow directions from scientific experts that the government has to threaten its people. Such rebels live here! Let’s take to social media to tell the world we don’t listen to experts, we are free to be screwups!! Wow, y’all cool!

Old 11-25-2020, 06:42 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,827,251 times
You only have to "enforce" things when people are just too ______ (mad lib fill in the blank with "stupid, uncaring, selfish, dumb, inconsiderate, a-hole, jag off, lemming, sheep, dullard, imbecile") to do the right thing by themselves and NOT share their stupid faux-magnanimity in social media snark vs masks, gatherings, common sense, etc ...wait, what's that sound...oh that's Grandma Rose being taken dead off a ventilator. Enjoy your illegal gathering. And GFY. Otherwise, I wish you all (yes, even the super-spreader d-bags), a safe and healthy thanksgiving in the correct spirit of gratitude and concern for our fellow humans. A long lost art. peace

Old 11-25-2020, 06:44 AM

34,098 posts, read 47,316,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
You only have to "enforce" things when people are just too ______ (mad lib fill in the blank with "stupid, uncaring, selfish, dumb, inconsiderate, a-hole, jag off, lemming, sheep, dullard, imbecile") to do the right thing by themselves and NOT share their stupid faux-magnanimity in social media snark vs masks, gatherings, common sense, etc ...wait, what's that sound...oh that's Grandma Rose being taken dead off a ventilator. Enjoy your illegal gathering. And GFY. To the others, I wish a safe and healthy thanksgiving in the correct spirit of gratitude and concern for our fellow humans. A long lost art. peace
People only want government intervention when it's convenient for them. I wonder if there's a correlation between mask defiance and IQ level.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island