Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2020, 07:05 AM

22,672 posts, read 36,816,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
You only have to "enforce" things when people are just too ______ (mad lib fill in the blank with "stupid, uncaring, selfish, dumb, inconsiderate, a-hole, jag off, lemming, sheep, dullard, imbecile") to do the right thing by themselves and NOT share their stupid faux-magnanimity in social media snark vs masks, gatherings, common sense, etc ...wait, what's that sound...oh that's Grandma Rose being taken dead off a ventilator. Enjoy your illegal gathering. And GFY. Otherwise, I wish you all (yes, even the super-spreader d-bags), a safe and healthy thanksgiving in the correct spirit of gratitude and concern for our fellow humans. A long lost art. peace

And they're the last people that will listen to the threats. And you know darn well the LI mentality of "I haaaaavvveeee to see my family even though the biggest reason I live here is so we can live in each others' pockets means I see them all the time anyway" is hard at work here. It's also the LI mentality that everyone else should follow the rules but I can bend them. You've driven there, right?

BTW have NEVER seen so many NY license plates around here as I have this week, even during the yearly summer migration it's not this bad. So people are not just going to be spreading it on LI! Or maybe I should say they'll be bringing it back from here since our positivity rate is much higher.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2020, 07:28 AM

412 posts, read 289,960 times
Law enforcement. Enforcement. They don't make the law. Do your job!

If they don't like enforcing laws established by people with the authority to do so, then become a politician or go to school and become a lawyer.

And yes, these laws are only necessary because people are too dumb to protect themselves and others.

Old 11-25-2020, 07:43 AM

2,685 posts, read 2,332,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
People only want government intervention when it's convenient for them. I wonder if there's a correlation between mask defiance and IQ level.
I want no Gov intervention ever. We should eliminate almost all Gov. That clown in Albany isn’t going to tell me How many people I can have at my house. When he pays my mortgage and taxes then he can do that. I have been wearing a mask way before the mandate! I’m not a non mask it’s not real person, The virus is real. Gov should not be telling people what they can and can’t do outside of the scope of laws that are already in place. This BS mandate isn’t a law. Even though in our politically brain dead state it would pass. I’m intentionally parking my 4 cars outside tomorrow all in my driveway and my neighbor next door has 7 vehicles. He fits them all in his driveway and garage he’s putting them in the street!

Old 11-25-2020, 07:59 AM

34,098 posts, read 47,316,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx89 View Post
I want no Gov intervention ever. We should eliminate almost all Gov. That clown in Albany isn’t going to tell me How many people I can have at my house. When he pays my mortgage and taxes then he can do that. I have been wearing a mask way before the mandate! I’m not a non mask it’s not real person, The virus is real. Gov should not be telling people what they can and can’t do outside of the scope of laws that are already in place. This BS mandate isn’t a law. Even though in our politically brain dead state it would pass. I’m intentionally parking my 4 cars outside tomorrow all in my driveway and my neighbor next door has 7 vehicles. He fits them all in his driveway and garage he’s putting them in the street!
So then go off the grid. You can't expect to not have government intervention, and still act like you're a part of society.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 11-25-2020, 08:14 AM

158 posts, read 189,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broke&30 View Post

The infection level from test results Monday was 3.4% on Long Island and 2.5% in New York City. The number of new confirmed cases of COVID-19 was 362 in Nassau, 501 in Suffolk and 1,728 in New York City. Forty-seven people died in the state of COVID-19-related causes on Monday.
The statewide infection level Monday was 2.96%, including the microclusters, which are oversampled, and 2.62% excluding them. The level in the hot spots was 4.13%.
correct. the numbers are relatively low here, compared to most other parts of the country. they have recently been rising a bit regardless.

you seem unwilling or unable to allow for the (impossible to prove, but arguably likely) connection that the previous severity of, and compliance with, the restrictions in NY State are the reason for those low(er) numbers.

simple logic would then follow that you would continue or even increase those restrictions in the face of said rising numbers, especially on the cusp of increased travel and social interactions due to upcoming holidays.

or are you suggesting that New Yorkers are, for some freak reason of nature, naturally less prone to catch this virus in the fall vs the spring?

Old 11-25-2020, 09:03 AM

Quote:
So then go off the grid. You can't expect to not have government intervention, and still act like you're a part of society.
NOT ALLOWED HERE. I attempted when building my house to do solar with Tesla powerwall. You are forced to be connected to pseg it’s illegal to not be. I wasn’t going to do it because fiscally it’s idiotic when I pay nothing for electric. People in apartments pay more per month then I do for over 3k sq ft. Point is even if someone wanted to go off grid it’s not allowed. It’s a commerce issue nothing more. Termidor is illegal in NY state. It’s allowed in CA land of the strictest environment laws in the country. Why is it banned in NY? Commerce that **** would put pest control companies out of business. One 1-$200 application lasts 10-12 years. As opposed to yearly $300 treatments and $1k minimum upfront costs. THe state makes laws based on nonsense.

Old 11-25-2020, 09:08 AM

34,098 posts, read 47,316,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx89 View Post
NOT ALLOWED HERE. I attempted when building my house to do solar with Tesla powerwall. You are forced to be connected to pseg it’s illegal to not be. I wasn’t going to do it because fiscally it’s idiotic when I pay nothing for electric. People in apartments pay more per month then I do for over 3k sq ft. Point is even if someone wanted to go off grid it’s not allowed. It’s a commerce issue nothing more. Termidor is illegal in NY state. It’s allowed in CA land of the strictest environment laws in the country. Why is it banned in NY? Commerce that **** would put pest control companies out of business. One 1-$200 application lasts 10-12 years. As opposed to yearly $300 treatments and $1k minimum upfront costs. THe state makes laws based on nonsense.
Top 10 States For Living Off The Grid

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 11-25-2020, 09:59 AM

Quote:
My wife can’t steal your city’s $$ and make 6 figures in Those states as a babysitter. When she’s collecting her 6 figure pension and we leave NY that will be an option.

Old 11-25-2020, 10:31 AM

2,897 posts, read 4,409,800 times
LMFAO, the pssies here. Just pathetic.

Old 11-25-2020, 10:45 AM

161 posts, read 297,320 times
The same people that have big family gatherings for Thanksgiving are going to be the same people that cry over more covid restrictions. Our numbers are low now due to those initial restrictions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island