Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 06:18 PM

8,815 posts, read 21,282,976 times

Advertisements

[QUOTE=flu189;1597031]For those old enough to remember the Alice Crimmons case in July 1965 where her young son and daughter were murdered and the bodies recovered near the Van Wyck Expy in Queens (I know it's NYC, but still technically on LI). Back then even in Queens such an incident was very big news and people were very shocked and concerned.[/quote]

I'm old enough to remember (sadly ) and I remember when she was released from jail (horrifying enough) and married some guy and moved to an extremely ritzy apartment in Douglaston or something. There was a TV movie with Tuesday Weld, I think. Why was she ever allowed out of jail; that is what I do not understand. She murdered her children!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 09:21 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times
I'm old enough to remember (sadly ) and I remember when she was released from jail (horrifying enough) and married some guy and moved to an extremely ritzy apartment in Douglaston or something. There was a TV movie with Tuesday Weld, I think. Why was she ever allowed out of jail; that is what I do not understand. She murdered her children!!!![/quote]

Yeah...but so did that whack from Texas, who drowned them all in the tub...she will also be released someday. When a mother murders her children, for some reason, society views her more as a mentally ill patient than a criminal. That's just the way it is.

That movie starred either Tuesday Weld...or Wednesday Teld...I always get them confused!

Old 10-01-2007, 03:46 PM

Yeah...but so did that whack from Texas, who drowned them all in the tub...she will also be released someday.

But, she was i-n-s-a-n-e . Alice Crimmins was just evil. I wonder where she is now. Probably right here on Long Island shopping at The Miracle Mile.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:19 AM

Crazy Eddie....HE's IN...SANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-03-2007, 10:55 PM

64 posts, read 282,830 times
I remember back in the late 70's (I think) in Smithtown these kids killed another kid who witnessed them steal a motorless minibike. They killed him by shoving pebbles down his throat. It was a big story then, kinda gruesome.

Old 10-04-2007, 11:01 AM

My mother used to shove pebbles (& milk) down my throat, every morning for breakfast! I must've been a bad kid or something...'cause I kept telling her that I only liked Cap'n Crunch!

SHE was LI's worst cereal killer!

Last edited by jfkIII; 10-04-2007 at 11:13 AM..

Old 10-04-2007, 03:37 PM

remember back in the late 70's (I think) in Smithtown these kids killed another kid who witnessed them steal a motorless minibike. They killed him by shoving pebbles down his throat. It was a big story then, kinda gruesome.

A little boy whose last name was Pius ? And, the killers were two brothers (nice family that one). I think that one got out of jail on a technicality (whatever that is. i never understand those)

Old 10-04-2007, 09:14 PM

it's always a "technicality' whenever kids (under 18 yrs old) kill other kids. It's just the way it is.

Old 10-05-2007, 10:38 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,722,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
The Martin Tankleff case (took place in Belle Terre.)

Many people, myself included, feel strongly that MT was railroaded.

However this does not diminish the heinousness of the crime.

Old 10-05-2007, 10:43 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,722,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamboy View Post
I remember the Jennfer Manners case

I went to HS with Chris Loliscio

To this day I doubt this conviction....one of many reasons I dont support the death penalty.

Did he have sex with her ..yes

Was she underage..yes

Did he murder her??? Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

No smoking gun.

SCPD at its finest ...going for the easy collar.
I hope to God they were right becuase two lives were taken here.

I think if this case were tried today Chris would be a free man.

Landscaper Charged In Killing of Girl, 14 - New York Times

Man Is Told to Submit Blood In Killing of Long Island Girl - New York Times
Was Det McCready involved in this case, too? There were several murders in the same time frame that he wrapped up pretty darn quickly.

You doubt Loliscio's conviction, but feel Martin Tankleff was a murderer. McCready was a crooked cop on the take -- any and all of his cases should be revisited.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island