Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 01:38 PM

65 posts, read 112,288 times

Advertisements

wife and I were just in e ky and found the people very friendly, then again we aren't uptight, stuck up yankees's so maybe we just mesh well with the locals
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2014, 03:31 AM

720 posts, read 806,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PONYPULR View Post
OK, so you've resurrected a four year old thread to whine about your experiences living in Louisville. While I know nothing about Louisville, I can assure you that it is not representative of the entire state of KY.
Interested in hearing why you think KY is not a depressing place to live - not an unhappy place--but what difference does it make if someone reactivates a thread? If no one's interested, no one will check out the topic. Insulting the other poster isn't necessary. It isn't even fair to readers to have to "witness it."

Old 04-05-2014, 03:40 AM

Default Condescending

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxpwas View Post
Actually, sunshine, condescending people like you grate on my nerves.
I didn't read condescending in any of that post.

Old 04-05-2014, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattknap View Post
I completely disagree with just about everything you have said. I have been accused of always looking happy and smiling. I just expect people to be friendly and smile back - and guess what? They almost always do. Being nice and courteous is contageous. If you are really in customer service, you should know that and should practice it every day. It sounds like you expect the worst from people you meet and interestingly, that is probably what you get.

Believe me, no matter where someone like you lives, they will not be happy. Your broad, unfounded generalizations are not believable and your opinions are the polar opposite of most of us on this forum. Unfortunately, there are malcontents everywhere and their environment has little to do with their sad attitudes and beliefs.
Your response is defensive. You know nothing about the person you disagree with, but are merely making assumptions in response to your feeling peeved.

Old 04-05-2014, 07:00 AM

638 posts, read 1,282,655 times
My point was that it appeared that you judged the ENTIRE state of KY by your experiences living in L'ville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky