Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 11:04 AM

1 posts, read 734 times

Advertisements

Think about visiting Antartica and being abandoned for 6 months and then taken and thrown into Mordor for the rest of the year. That's Kentucky. Yet, we love it anyway. 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2018, 06:59 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,281,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridahater View Post
You talk about miserable heat and humidity! Try living in FL. It's like living in a bottle of warm **** most of the year. What a miserable place. No wonder I'm still attempting to move to KY (at least I received my KY Teaching License yesterday)! Maybe something will turn up!
I know this is an old post but it still holds true. Sometimes I think some people really don't know what real heat and humidity is. I lived in Florida for a couple of years and it was miserable for most of the year, not just the middle of summer. KY doesn't even compare. Even the western part which tends to be 3-4 degrees hotter on any given day is not like Florida.
I've visited KY in the summer. I don't remember it being over the top hot and humid. Now I live in the desert Southwest and the heat here is dry most days but it's still like putting your head in an oven when you step outside.
When it's 105-110 here, the heat index is 105-110. The heat index doesn't get lower because of lack of humidity. A typical summer KY day when it's about 86 to 88 degrees has a heat index of about 92-95. Of course it's much more humid when it rains, but the temperature drops as well. It still doesn't compare to where I live now nor Florida.
If you like somewhat cooler shorter summers look into NE KY. It's a give and take though because the winters are a little colder with little more snow. Winters will not be nearly as bad as New England or the upper Midwest.
Of course, this is just my personal experience from being born in Conn and spending my childhood there, also living in Florida and spending most of my life in the desert SW so take it for whatever you think it's worth.

Last edited by marino760; 07-21-2018 at 07:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky