Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2023, 12:13 AM

1,042 posts, read 873,216 times

Advertisements

Well, the house we bought in Oil Springs [right next to Paintsville] closes later next week. it's a 3/2 on half an acre and it's not in a flood zone. It has had a basic inspection, a septic system inspection, and a foundation inspection. My new daughter-in-law loves it and my son will be looking at it tommorrow. We are paying cash and since from contract to ownership will take less than 2 weeks we had to pay no earnest money. The title search will take a couple of days. It is about 10 minutes from paintsville state park and I am getting super excited.

We havn't seen it in person and probably won't until we pack up in Colorado and drive 2 days to move

There are a few neighbors based on pictures and from the exterior their homes are well maintained. I am learning, for the first time ever, all about college basketball and how to pronounce Louisville. I've got my Food City card, learned to make sweet tea,
hot browns [soooo good] and have perfected derby pie.[also so good]

Checking with insurance companies and tommorrow will be checking out cable companies, phone companies and whether or not my Colorado mmj card [seizures] will be honored in West Virginia.

I've fallen in love with Governor Andy and the more I learn about him the more I love.

I had already checked out the senior citizen centers in Pikeville and Prestonsburg and have been toold the one in Paintsville isnice too.

All I've got to do is put my current house on the market after a few repairs, deep cleaning and staging. [son loaned us the money to buy Kentucky house andwe will pay himback with sale from this house with a little money left oover even selling low.] and sell it. If it doesn't sell right away that's okay because current Kentucky owner is pregnant and she wants to stay until at least August.

Just like our current home the back of the home faces the street andd the back wwwwith it's beautiful patio faces the mountains.

I Am So Excited!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2023, 07:50 AM

11,085 posts, read 17,530,236 times
Welcome to Kentucky (almost! lol)!

Old 05-25-2023, 12:10 PM

14,768 posts, read 8,093,254 times
Well, glad to hear everything is working out so well for you! Welcome to Kentucky!
You don't have to love basketball here, but it helps!
I like Governor Andy too (several months back he had the highest approval ratings of all the Governors -not bad
for a Dem in a very red state!)
I think the Mountains in the area of your new home are gorgeous. Actually one of the prettiest parts of the state!

Old 05-25-2023, 12:30 PM

But I would be remiss if I didn't share with you 15 reasons NOT to move to Kentucky!
Don't say you weren't warned!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoTCOYoCfgk&t=147s

Old 05-25-2023, 01:40 PM

11,085 posts, read 17,530,236 times
Once you get situated, don't forget to check out the rest of the state. There's a lot to see and do all the way to the Mississippi River! If you're into quilting you'll have to check out the National Quilting Museum in Paducah.

Old 05-25-2023, 05:09 PM

20,125 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Welcome to our beautiful state. I hope you learn to love it as much as most people who land here.

Old 05-26-2023, 01:53 PM

327 posts, read 221,748 times
You are going to be very happy in Kentucky.

Old 05-28-2023, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outer_Bluegrass View Post
You are going to be very happy in Kentucky.
I am already happy thinking about it! is anyone familiar with the area I'm moving to?

Old 08-18-2023, 06:05 PM

Now 3 days until we close the sale on our house here in colorado. Will be leaving in a moving van on Monday afternoon. Internet and electricity is on and son says air conditioner works great. only problem is that we have to get our water turned on after we get there and sign up at the office in Paintsville. We can deal with waiting a day for a bath, etc. but not sure where we'll poo or pee as we are a ways from Paintsville. Should we bring a Lowes bucket, hold our breath and use that?

I can not believe, even after going through everything, how many boxes of stuff we have. Actually, most of the stuff is NOT mine. Just discovered I am living with 3 "mini hoarder" men.

my oldest son and his wife were at the house today and I just found out that there is a little stream going through our property. Excited about that! And everything else. I can't believe this is finally happening.

Old 08-18-2023, 06:13 PM

Welcome to Kentucky!
(The water company won't let you start up online? That's a bummer!)

Does your oldest son live nearby...maybe you all could spend the night
with him until the next day when it's turned on.

Or is there a Gas station nearby lol?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky