Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2023, 09:15 PM

28,901 posts, read 30,284,252 times

Advertisements

Registered Voters: 3,468,537
Ballots Cast: 500,902
Voter Turnout: 14.44%

and yet, ya'll complain....but this is sad, very very sad.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2023, 05:28 AM

17,346 posts, read 11,293,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Registered Voters: 3,468,537
Ballots Cast: 500,902
Voter Turnout: 14.44%

and yet, ya'll complain....but this is sad, very very sad.....
Who's complaining? I like my KY state and local representatives. I voted yesterday and will vote again next time around. Turnout should have been much better and hopefully will increase enough to give us a new governor in the next election as far as I'm concerned.

Old 05-17-2023, 06:59 AM

26,428 posts, read 46,607,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Who's complaining? I like my KY state and local representatives. I voted yesterday and will vote again next time around. Turnout should have been much better and hopefully will increase enough to give us a new governor in the next election as far as I'm concerned.
No, the current governor is doing a fine job, creating far more new jobs at the state level than nearly any governor preceding him.

Old 05-17-2023, 07:11 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,551,576 times
I heard something I think kind of hit the nail on the head about the low turn out. People more or less knew it will be Beshear vs. Cameron in November so why go vote? I disagree with that, but believe that's how a lot of people feel. I used to not vote as often as I should until I started working for the state. State employees get 4 hours paid voting leave for elections and all day off, paid, for presidential elections. 26 years of getting those 4 hours off (and taking 4 hours vacation time for the rest of the day. lol) got me knowing I would be voting in each election.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
No, the current governor is doing a fine job, creating far more new jobs at the state level than nearly any governor preceding him.
Also I was amazed at how he was on the ball almost before the dust settled here in western Kentucky after the tornadoes tore through in Dec. 2021. Same with how he worked to help the eastern Kentucky people after the flooding. He and our Republican legislators were working side by side the entire time.

Old 05-17-2023, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I am, the turn out was disgusting....I bet most people don't even know who was running, and to all Beshear to run again is down right insane.

Old 05-17-2023, 07:34 AM

Quote:

No he is not, he is responsible for shutting down businesses and buying into the Covid scare...he ruined businesses, and took away a lot of people's lively hood....and I bet you don't know this, but he stood up and TV and lied, he said Ivermectin was a horse wormer....and he knew better. (Tell me, what jobs has he created and how) Ivermectin all but cured River Blindness in Africa, it is also found to be effective in use against some cancers....and it also cured people when used in conjuction with hydroxicloraquin, but, they all wanted to push a vaccine and to admit to the masses that Ivermectin and hydroxicloraquin cured Covid, would have poo poo'd the Vaccine....which is why they not only lied but forbid pharmacists to fill perscriptions for them.

I know this because two (2) family members were given that perscription and it was filled right before they shut it down...and guess what, both family members were 100% better in 48 hours.

I guess you didn't know that some people order those meds from other countries....it is THAT effective against Covid, which btw is a virus, and only a virus...

There is a written law, that if there is another known medication to help fight a disease, they cannot release a vaccine for emergency use.

I will never ever vote for ol lying Andy. He ruined businesses and lied to the people to help push the vaccine for the Pharmaceuticals

Old 05-17-2023, 07:40 AM

Quote:
kygman I heard something I think kind of hit the nail on the head about the low turn out. People more or less knew it will be Beshear vs. Cameron in November so why go vote?
What a lousy attitude, lazy and lousy, it takes maybe 20 minutes out of a day at the polls and your drive back and forth, what an hour? The polls should have been full....Kentucky used to be a red state....and believe me, I'm just stating an opinion and not attacking you....where were all the republicans? And then everyone complains?????? How dare they take that kind of attitude....

Quote:
I disagree with that, but believe that's how a lot of people feel.
I am shocked at the non presence of Patriots at the polls, and they said it was slow all day...there were only 6 people there, when I was there, walking in, voted and out I went, I bet I was there 10 minutes, no line....

BTW, thank you for voting

Quote:
Also I was amazed at how he was on the ball almost before the dust settled here in western Kentucky after the tornadoes tore through in Dec. 2021. Same with how he worked to help the eastern Kentucky people after the flooding. He and our Republican legislators were working side by side the entire time.
Yes I will admit, that was a good thing, but it was also a lot, and I do mean a whole lot of effort from volunteers who came out every single day with food and water, donations, clothes, etc....every day for weeks....

Old 05-17-2023, 08:23 AM

26,428 posts, read 46,607,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
No he is not, he is responsible for shutting down businesses and buying into the Covid scare...he ruined businesses, and took away a lot of people's lively hood....and I bet you don't know this, but he stood up and TV and lied, he said Ivermectin was a horse wormer....and he knew better. (Tell me, what jobs has he created and how) Ivermectin all but cured River Blindness in Africa, it is also found to be effective in use against some cancers....and it also cured people when used in conjuction with hydroxicloraquin, but, they all wanted to push a vaccine and to admit to the masses that Ivermectin and hydroxicloraquin cured Covid, would have poo poo'd the Vaccine....which is why they not only lied but forbid pharmacists to fill perscriptions for them.

I know this because two (2) family members were given that perscription and it was filled right before they shut it down...and guess what, both family members were 100% better in 48 hours.

I guess you didn't know that some people order those meds from other countries....it is THAT effective against Covid, which btw is a virus, and only a virus...

There is a written law, that if there is another known medication to help fight a disease, they cannot release a vaccine for emergency use.

I will never ever vote for ol lying Andy. He ruined businesses and lied to the people to help push the vaccine for the Pharmaceuticals
LOL, he created massive numbers of new manufacturing jobs from a variety of employers, and got two new large battery plants that will be built in Hardin County, creating thousands of high paying jobs as well as construction jobs. Kentucky has more total jobs than it did prior to the pandemic, but you wouldn't have any idea regarding that fact.

https://www.wlky.com/article/progres...ounty/42156934

Last edited by GraniteStater; 05-17-2023 at 09:00 AM..

Old 05-17-2023, 09:12 AM

Quote:
LOL, he created massive numbers of new manufacturing jobs from a variety of employers, and got two new large battery plants that will be built in Hardin County, creating thousands of high paying jobs as well as construction jobs. Kentucky has more total jobs than it did prior to the pandemic, but you wouldn't have any idea regarding that fact.

https://www.wlky.com/article/progres...ounty/42156934
Thank you for the link, but....

And how did Andy have a hand in that? Government grants, yes, possibly, but he'd be a fool not to approve a grant for Kentucky workers of this magnitude....

Planning to build new corporations, means obtaining land, then Permits and approvals which entails zoning codes, protective covenants, stormwater management, sit plan approval, state plan approval, and local permitting all Andy had to do was sign on the dotted line for approval, the rest is up to the corporation or company, on design and conceptthen there is timeline, equipment purchases, planning for future renovations or expansions, building construction, planning for total occupancy, ceiling heights, power needs, hvac requirements I mean seriously, Andy did not create jobs....and anyone who tells you that, well, your drinking the cool aid, this company wanted to come to Kentucky....as well as other growing plants in the area of Kentucky....if you want to get re elected of course your going to sign your approval for these manufacturing plants, you'd be a fool not to...

and these battery plants, where will they dispose of the toxic materials from the process? Underground, runoff waste into our waters? I wonder if Ol' Andy considered that? Ground water and water runoff from toxic wastes

Yeah he created jobs all right, just because they tell you he did....Andy doesn't decide if a plant wants to come here or not, all he wants to do is be re elected, that's his only concern....The man didn't have time to do all this, as he was standing up on TV every single day reporting on how many Deaths there were from Covid in Kentucky, and yet, the Funeral parlors were not reporting a huge increase in Deaths???? Huh?

He did not create these jobs, the manufacturing plants, and CEO's who decided to move these plants to Kentucky did....right now Kentucky is a hot bed for manufacturing plants, and relocations, and retirements....people are moving in...which is what is raising prices....on everything....

what else did Andy do for Kentucky?

Last edited by cremebrulee; 05-17-2023 at 09:34 AM..

Old 05-17-2023, 09:39 AM

Andy stood there, live on TV and literally mocked human beings for taking Ivermectin...and yet, it was developed for human beings with river blindness....

He said he knew horses and all it was is a horse wormer, and laughed mocking people and doctors for prescribing it, and yet, doctors found it was effective and they quickly had to fight against it so that the vaccine could be made manditory....

I take Ivermectin right along with Thousands of other people, for parasites...not every day, but every once in awhile b/c surprise, humans have worms and worms are what causes a lot of health problems.

Ivermectin is in pill form for humans, not just the horse paste, and Andy knew this, but wanted to convince the masses with his lies, b/c people are so misinformed, they depend on the media and government for their information...along with state and local....they lied scaring people to death in the process....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky