Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2023, 07:53 PM

28,958 posts, read 30,311,726 times

Advertisements

I guess its me, but I just believe voting is a privilege and a right that we have, and regardless of who is running, we should vote...I don't feel right if I don't go, and because I was independent in the past, I couldn't and now since I changed, I can vote, so the way I see it, I better darn well go and use my vote.

but thats just me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2023, 09:41 AM

30,662 posts, read 18,282,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
No he is not, he is responsible for shutting down businesses and buying into the Covid scare...he ruined businesses, and took away a lot of people's lively hood....and I bet you don't know this, but he stood up and TV and lied, he said Ivermectin was a horse wormer....and he knew better. (Tell me, what jobs has he created and how) Ivermectin all but cured River Blindness in Africa, it is also found to be effective in use against some cancers....and it also cured people when used in conjuction with hydroxicloraquin, but, they all wanted to push a vaccine and to admit to the masses that Ivermectin and hydroxicloraquin cured Covid, would have poo poo'd the Vaccine....which is why they not only lied but forbid pharmacists to fill perscriptions for them.

I know this because two (2) family members were given that perscription and it was filled right before they shut it down...and guess what, both family members were 100% better in 48 hours.

I guess you didn't know that some people order those meds from other countries....it is THAT effective against Covid, which btw is a virus, and only a virus...

There is a written law, that if there is another known medication to help fight a disease, they cannot release a vaccine for emergency use.

I will never ever vote for ol lying Andy. He ruined businesses and lied to the people to help push the vaccine for the Pharmaceuticals
I'm amazed that people still want to give someone credit for "job creation" when the bulk of these jobs were only ever "lost" due to government lockdown policies, which naturally came back once lockdowns ended.

Old 06-03-2023, 10:03 AM

17,350 posts, read 11,312,371 times
I see our current governor as a very good cheerleader. He's there during natural disasters, helping people as much as possible, which any governor should be doing regardless of political party. He's seen at photo ops at every new factory opening getting credit for things he probably really had little to do with. He was in my town just yesterday at a dedication event for renaming a road, complete with a nice picture of him on the front page of the newspaper this morning.
He seems like a good human being and cares about people and the state.

On the negative side, he won't say no to or is afraid to say no to anything the administration in DC is promoting or wants to do. He's little more than a yes man to the Biden Administration, including any far left agenda being proposed. The state legislature has to time and again override his vetoes. I'm grateful to the legislature for keeping him in check, at least as much as possible.

Personally, for me his negatives far outweigh his positives, but yes, he seems to be a nice guy and takes a great picture.

Last edited by marino760; 06-03-2023 at 10:44 AM..

Old 06-03-2023, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I'm amazed that people still want to give someone credit for "job creation" when the bulk of these jobs were only ever "lost" due to government lockdown policies, which naturally came back once lockdowns ended.
sadly, some never came back....

Old 06-03-2023, 03:40 PM

Quote:
marino760;

Personally, for me his negatives far outweigh his positives, but yes, he seems to be a nice guy and takes a great picture.
he is a huge negative for me....being Kentucky has always been a red state, it's confusing to me, that he was voted in, however, again, people didn't show up to vote like they should have....what did it for me, is when he stood up there on TV and mocked people who were taking Ivermectin stating it was a horse wormer, when in fact I know two people who a doctor wrote prescriptions for who had Covid, and within 48 hours they were both better.

and you know why they prohibited pharmacies from filling perscriptions? Because legally if there had been other drugs on the market, that showed to be effective in curing Covid, they wouldn't have been legally able to approve their vaccine for emergency use.

Ivermectin has been known to be effective in some cancers including breast cancer...but, as you say, he is a puppet for the DC guys. He shut down businesses, and elective surgeries in the hospitals, shut down schools, and caused a whole lot of lost jobs in Kentucky because he shut them down, so no one should be patting him on the back saying he created jobs...he did not. He destroyed a lot of businesses.

I will give him a pass on how he handled the after math of the tornado in BG....and other outlying areas....but in the same, those that were flooded out in Eastern Kentucky not so much...they were hanging by a thread...and it was ignored by him? That was a disgrace

I honestly don't care what the statistics say or the percentages of whose going to win, people need to vote, it's a God Given right, that men fought and died for and we as a society should stop leaving it up to the other guy and get out there and vote.

I'm always thankful to all the vets who are out there voting...they are a dying breed of men, real men.

Last edited by cremebrulee; 06-03-2023 at 03:54 PM..

Old 06-04-2023, 04:27 AM

14,789 posts, read 8,130,933 times
Voting is a rite that was hard fought for. Especially if you are a woman, or a person of color.
(Heck in the beginning of our country, not every white man could vote...only those who were landowners...so we have come a long way.) It is not something that should be taken lightly.

I missed this primary election though, because right now I am registered as an Independent....wasn't anything for me to really vote for or against, one way or the other!
Before that I was a Registered Republican for 4 decades and always voted because I had some reason to vote in primaries!

Old 06-04-2023, 04:42 AM

14,789 posts, read 8,130,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
he is a huge negative for me....being Kentucky has always been a red state, it's confusing to me, that he was voted in, however, again, people didn't show up to vote like they should have....

Actually even though Kentucky is a very Red state now, historically that hasn't always been so.
Read up on the history of it. And even though we tend to vote red, it is not uncommon for a Democrat to win the Governors election in Kentucky...Beshear's father Steve Beshear was Governor and won reelection, Actually even though the state tends to vote Republican in the national elections, and in the

general assembly it's not the case with the Governors race for whatever reason.

Since 1930 Kentucky has had 15 Democratic Governors and four Republican ones.

https://www.nga.org/former-governors/kentucky/

Old 06-04-2023, 04:56 AM

17,350 posts, read 11,312,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
Actually even though Kentucky is a very Red state now, historically that hasn't always been so.
Read up on the history of it. And even though we tend to vote red, it is not uncommon for a Democrat to win the Governors election in Kentucky...Beshear's father Steve Beshear was Governor and won reelection, Actually even though the state tends to vote Republican in the national elections, and in the

general assembly it's not the case with the Governors race for whatever reason.

Since 1930 Kentucky has had 15 Democratic Governors and four Republican ones.

https://www.nga.org/former-governors/kentucky/
Well if you go back decades, all Southern states were predominantly blue in the 1930s and even later. That was a time where Southern democrats were more conservative than republicans.
I know a few democrats here in town who never changed parties but ran for a local office as dems. Their fathers, grandfathers and great grandfathers were dems so it's sort of a tradition. One Dem who was elected to a local office had anti abortion and right to life signs all over his yard. Even though he ran as a democrat, he had the public backing of the local republican party. Some local dems make most republicans look liberal in their views.
People here at least vote more for individuals than for the party. Whoever lines up best with their views is going to get their vote.

Last edited by marino760; 06-04-2023 at 05:58 AM..

Old 06-04-2023, 08:03 AM

Quote:
marino760 Well if you go back decades, all Southern states were predominantly blue in the 1930s and even later. That was a time where Southern democrats were more conservative than republicans.
Exactly, democrats were not the same people they are now, for certain.

Quote:
People here at least vote more for individuals than for the party. Whoever lines up best with their views is going to get their vote.
Of that I am glad of, I've been coming to Kentucky for 50 years, and have always know Kentucky liberals to be a lot more conservative...

Old 06-04-2023, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Crazee Cat Lady Actually even though Kentucky is a very Red state now, historically that hasn't always been so.

Yes, you are correct, but....Dems were a whole lot different back then, even my democratic friends were different from PA and we were not nearly as divided, however, so many still vote their party regardless, in PA....I find Kentucky People extremely true to their values, old school and hospitable to everyone....they really pull together when their commuities need them.

Back then you could discuss your regardless of party and people wouldn't take offense if they thought and felt differently...they didn't allow their political affiliation to define them and really people didn't care about your political affiliation, not everyone of course, but it's so much different now, I find Kentucky people to be true to their beliefs regardless and very polite
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky