Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 05:46 AM

528 posts, read 2,482,663 times

Advertisements

good idea !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2008, 06:59 AM

241 posts, read 1,336,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stx12499 View Post
we can consider it if anyone wants. All in favor say I
I'm clearly in favor.

After looking up data on metropolitan statistical areas in the state (Kentucky State Data Center), I think it makes sense. If you count only the counties in NKY (which are listed as part of the Cincinnati/NKY MSA), their combined population tops 400,000, which makes it the third largest metro area in the state after Louisville and Lexington.

Old 01-11-2008, 01:42 PM

688 posts, read 3,040,695 times
I think it's a good idea, even though there may be some overlap with the Ohio/Cincinnati forum. There seem to be a lot of N KY questions here.

Old 01-11-2008, 05:36 PM

156 posts, read 631,815 times
Great idea - unless there is any harm in adding one, why not? There will be pretty significant overlap with the Nati forum, but if there is no negative to adding one, why not...

Old 01-12-2008, 03:05 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,762,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyUK View Post
Great idea - unless there is any harm in adding one, why not? There will be pretty significant overlap with the Nati forum, but if there is no negative to adding one, why not...
honestly, i would rather see NKY discussed in the Ohio forum with Cincy since anyone considering cincy should look at NKY too, as it is merely a suburb like the north suburbs.

Likewise, people considering Louisville should also look at S Indiana, but a separate S Indiana forum would be unnesccary. With all these complications, I think I like things the way they are, and I am just not seeing the traffic for NKY to warrant its own subforum.

Old 02-25-2008, 01:31 AM

2 posts, read 3,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stx12499 View Post
we can consider it if anyone wants. All in favor say I

I agree, we really do need a sub forum for NKY, it's really an area all in it's own. It gets balled in with Cincinnati WAY to much, and is nothing like it.

Old 02-25-2008, 01:13 PM

257 posts, read 882,012 times
i'm in favor. i wondered why there wasn't one actually. it's booming and growing fast!

Old 02-25-2008, 01:48 PM

100 posts, read 352,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEvans857 View Post
I agree, we really do need a sub forum for NKY, it's really an area all in it's own. It gets balled in with Cincinnati WAY to much, and is nothing like it.
Get used to it. My whole family is from this area and I did most of my growing up there. NKY always gets treated that way. Even the moderator made the statement that NKY is just a Cincy suburb--wrong!!! It is a different state with a different vibe and different circumstances.

Look at the airport--for years it was just the Cincinnati airport--even though it is on Kentucky soil. The little airport shops only had stuff about Cincinnati and Ohio. Now the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport has both Kentucky and Ohio stuff in it.

I enjoy going to Cincinnati and all that it has to offer but Cincinnati and NKY are different.

Old 03-02-2008, 01:29 PM

295 posts, read 975,337 times
There really should be a Northern Ky forum. Things are very different over there than they are here in greater Cincinnati. I would so love to live over there. There is a small town feel yet Northern Ky has all the things that a big metro area has to offer close by.

Old 03-04-2008, 08:58 PM

137 posts, read 448,807 times
Default Could you please add a NKY forum...

While this thread is kind of old, I would still like to also request for a Northern Kentucky Forum to be added. We have big cities here such as Covington, Newport, Florence, etc and could really use, "our own space" so to speak. Having a NKY forum would also give other places such as Maysville, Falmouth, etc to also have a space all there own. Contrary to what is believed my people living outside of the area, we are very different than Cincy and would like our own forum. Could Y' all add it please?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky