Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 04:02 PM

1,570 posts, read 2,071,645 times

Advertisements

^Or next year. We really really suck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2008, 01:07 AM

668 posts, read 2,360,024 times
What the hell is a Colt anyways?

Old 12-02-2008, 06:32 AM

1,570 posts, read 2,071,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banx View Post
Either a gun or a type of horse.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:14 PM

76 posts, read 307,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banx View Post
A young male horse.
The particular horses you may be referring to are native of Maryland. They migrated to Indiana via Mayflower. They are currently hanging out in a $700,000.000.00 barn in Indianapolis.

Old 12-07-2008, 03:05 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,646,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
ME eating MY words? Are you kidding me?

How do you figure? The Bears stink, and are increasingly likely to finish the year with a losing record. The mediocre Pack is likely to finish out 8-8 or 7-9, which is pretty close to my early year estimate of 8-8 (scroll back for proof). The Pack SMOKED the Bears, the Vikings SMOKED the Bears, and they will be lucky to win two more games this year.

Rodgers has turned into a GREAT quarterback and played well against the Saints (as evidenced by the great offensive output). Yesterday Rodgers looked great again, though the defense and special teams f-ed it up. Rodgers has a top 5 QB rating, and is a much better QB than the slightly better-than-average Orton. You Bear fans are so used to a terrible offense that you pile accolades on to a merely average offense. Face reality... The Bears are not going to the playoffs this year.

What team won today and what team lost?

What team's record is 7-6 and what team's record is 5-8?

Hmmm. What team is probably not going to make the playoffs this year? What team is more than likely going to not finish .500 or above ?

Hmmm.

Old 12-07-2008, 09:32 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,819,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
What team is probably not going to make the playoffs this year?
Neither team will make the playoffs. The sooner you accept this, the better for you. Beating Jacksonville shouldn't make anyone feel better.

Old 12-07-2008, 09:45 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,646,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
Neither team will make the playoffs. The sooner you accept this, the better for you. Beating Jacksonville shouldn't make anyone feel better.
Losing to Houston in Green Bay in December should make you feel like a toilet seat.

I am standing by my early prediction that the Bears will win the division.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:33 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,038,945 times
Do you know that the California boy Aaron Rodgers has never played a football game in snow before? Every home game he plays in Green Bay is the coldest game he has ever played in in his entire life. It will be fun to watch how he plays in the cold weather...especially, on December 22nd...the Monday Night REVENGE game in Soldier Field. I'll be there.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:31 AM

The Packers are already toast this year. Nothing to do but root against the Bears.

Even if the Bears do manage to win the division, they still stink and will lose in the first round. It's hard to argue the Bears are a better team than the Packers even with their better record. And winning the terrible NFC North this year is nothing to brag about. Let's review:

1. Vikings: Solid front four on defense. One of the most promising young RBs in the NFL. Could be a contender, but have a lousy QB. Will also likely lose in the first round of the playoffs if they make it. Their last two games are arguably more difficult than the Bears' last two games, so it is possible for them to fall behind.

2. Bears: Huge holes on offense AND defense. The once mighty Bears defense looks terrible, and many of the "stars" have proven to be mediocre. The offense is improving with a pretty good running back (Forte) and Orton is the best QB they've had in years, so perhaps next year the offense will be better than the declining defense? Wouldn't that be something? But it will likely be a mediocre offense with a terrible defense. What the hell happened to Hester this year, by the way?

3. Packers: Keep losing games by three or four points. Great corps of receivers, good (not great) running back, good QB, good offensive tackles. They need some interior linemen! The guards and center are terrible, as is their special teams coverage. The linebackers are mediocre to bad. The once vaunted secondary is suffering because of a lack of pressure on the quarterback.

4. Lions: Where to start? 0-14 says it all. I'm predicting 0-16 for these guys right now.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
Do you know that the California boy Aaron Rodgers has never played a football game in snow before? Every home game he plays in Green Bay is the coldest game he has ever played in in his entire life. It will be fun to watch how he plays in the cold weather...especially, on December 22nd...the Monday Night REVENGE game in Soldier Field. I'll be there.
I'm going as well. Every Packer/Bear game I've been to in my life has been a crushing Bears defeat (I've only been to three), so let's keep the streak alive!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois