Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 08:31 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,404,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
There's a lot of season left, my boy! Typical Bear Fan B.S.... Always declaring victory WAY too early. Always falsely evaluating the talent level of your team. Completely delusional
Whats funny is that I saw Cards and Pack fans who were 2-0 stating "we're going to do it this year!" and BS like that. I dont think Bears fans are nearly as bad as you say they are. Anyone with a head knows that week 2 dont mean squat if youre undefeated or down 0-2. Ill go off on a tangent here and rip on the new Hawks fans who were pissin their pants and creamin their panties because the Hawks were 3-0 in the pre-season. I mean, cmon idiots, get real. Then it takes a loss from the Blow Jackets last night to shut em up. Or a big loss to the Jets to shut up Cards fans.

What happened to logical thinking?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 12:59 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,808,416 times
I predicted the Packers would be 8-8 this year, though they do have a tough schedule because of their awesome season last year. I still think this is a possibility. I also think the Bears are about an 8-8 team, though they have an easier schedule than the Pack. If Rodgers is out for any length of time, the Pack may be a 4-12 team--unless Flynn or Brohm turn out to be better than anyone knows.

Hmmm... A team puts all of its eggs in the basket of a first-round draft pick quarterback who is unproven and injury-prone, and then doesn't get an experienced back-up... Sound familiar to any of you Bear fans? The idiocy of the Packers management is starting to show.

Old 11-26-2008, 12:27 AM

15,586 posts, read 27,632,311 times
Quote:
I predicted the Packers would be 8-8 this year, though they do have a tough schedule because of their awesome season last year. I still think this is a possibility. I also think the Bears are about an 8-8 team, though they have an easier schedule than the Pack. If Rodgers is out for any length of time, the Pack may be a 4-12 team--unless Flynn or Brohm turn out to be better than anyone knows.

Hmmm... A team puts all of its eggs in the basket of a first-round draft pick quarterback who is unproven and injury-prone, and then doesn't get an experienced back-up... Sound familiar to any of you Bear fans? The idiocy of the Packers management is starting to show.
Actually it turns out the Bears schedule is slightly more difficult.

It turns out just as I predicted a couple of years ago that the back up non-number one pick is better than the first round pick for the Bears. The Bears have a much better QB situation than the Pack. Now take your smack like Rodgers did on Monday against the Saints and suck on that cookie.

I repeat: the Bears will win the division and the pack will fall to the Bears when they play the Bears in Chicago.

Last edited by Avengerfire; 11-26-2008 at 12:40 AM..

Old 11-26-2008, 12:39 AM

Quote:
The Bears offensive output with neck beard was a fluke this past weekend. They will not be reaching the playoffs. And if they do, they will lose in the first round. They have a worse offense than the Lions...
It was (and has been this year) a fluke really? I am sure you are eating your words right now.

Old 11-26-2008, 01:34 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,224,262 times
You know, I just can't get into the whole rivalry this year. There isn't much bragging rights to be had in a contest to win the Norris Division of football.

Old 11-27-2008, 10:34 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,404,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
You know, I just can't get into the whole rivalry this year. There isn't much bragging rights to be had in a contest to win the Norris Division of football.
I know the feeling. Do you cheer for the pond scum or the algae that feeds on the pond scum?

Old 11-28-2008, 10:52 PM

183 posts, read 611,308 times
I believe that watching football is unpleasing and unenriching for the soul, so hug and love your friends and family because only they can win in the end.

Old 11-28-2008, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwb View Post
I believe that watching football is unpleasing and unenriching for the soul, so hug and love your friends and family because only they can win in the end.
Be gone troll. My Church of the Undead will defeat your Church of the Unborn.

Last edited by Avengerfire; 11-28-2008 at 11:41 PM..

Old 11-28-2008, 11:37 PM

668 posts, read 2,359,247 times
Lovie Smith is God.

Old 12-01-2008, 01:44 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,808,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
It was (and has been this year) a fluke really? I am sure you are eating your words right now.

ME eating MY words? Are you kidding me?

How do you figure? The Bears stink, and are increasingly likely to finish the year with a losing record. The mediocre Pack is likely to finish out 8-8 or 7-9, which is pretty close to my early year estimate of 8-8 (scroll back for proof). The Pack SMOKED the Bears, the Vikings SMOKED the Bears, and they will be lucky to win two more games this year.

Rodgers has turned into a GREAT quarterback and played well against the Saints (as evidenced by the great offensive output). Yesterday Rodgers looked great again, though the defense and special teams f-ed it up. Rodgers has a top 5 QB rating, and is a much better QB than the slightly better-than-average Orton. You Bear fans are so used to a terrible offense that you pile accolades on to a merely average offense. Face reality... The Bears are not going to the playoffs this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois