Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2021, 06:12 AM

4,952 posts, read 3,065,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusillirob1983 View Post
The vaccine is still pretty effective against delta, but less so than against alpha or prior variants. You'll have a peak viral load (period of highest transmissibility) for a shorter period of time, maybe a day or two rather than 5-7 days, if vaccinated compared to unvaccinated. At no point has anyone ever claimed these vaccines are 100% effective.
Where did you locate the above info.?

"New data was released by the CDC showing that vaccinated people infected with the delta variant can carry detectable viral loads similar to those of people who are unvaccinated."
https://publichealth.jhu.edu/2021/ne...ed-individuals

Old 10-27-2021, 08:33 AM

3,208 posts, read 3,560,207 times
I was vaccinated with Pfizer in March and April. I ended up testing positive for COVID-19 in July. Symptoms were pretty severe for 48 hours but never required hospitalization. By contrast, I had a relative die from it in 2020 and another almost died from it during the same time period. I think the vaccine probably prevented more severe illness.

Old 10-27-2021, 08:43 AM

4,656 posts, read 3,272,825 times
Hiruko, thank you for sharing such private stories.

I am sorry to hear of your loss; and at the same time, I am glad that you were able to recuperate.

Old 10-27-2021, 08:48 AM

2,029 posts, read 2,364,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caglee View Post
"Everything I disagree with is misinformation."
No. Misinformation is making things up as you go, and not doing your research. Bad quote.

Old 10-27-2021, 08:59 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,923,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruko View Post
I think the vaccine probably prevented more severe illness.

Best quote of this thread, and of this topic..
Glad you were able to recover on your own

Old 10-27-2021, 12:04 PM

4,026 posts, read 1,882,749 times

It does not contradict your own link - which says...

though in the vaccinated, these levels rapidly diminish

So - of course infected vaccinated people carry some viral load - maybe the same as unvaccinated - but they carry it for less time. Win.

Unless I'm misunderstanding your point...?

Old 10-27-2021, 02:06 PM

2,561 posts, read 2,187,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roodd279 View Post

It does not contradict your own link - which says...

though in the vaccinated, these levels rapidly diminish

So - of course infected vaccinated people carry some viral load - maybe the same as unvaccinated - but they carry it for less time. Win.

Unless I'm misunderstanding your point...?
This was exactly the point I was making. Hopefully this answers Sunbiz's question.

Old 10-27-2021, 02:17 PM

4,952 posts, read 3,065,244 times
Unfortunately it doesn't, b/c I cannot find anything further from the CDC; other than..."We're working on it".
The below is from my last link.

"This might mean that the viral load of vaccinated and unvaccinated persons infected with SARS-CoV-2 is also similar. However, microbiological studies are required to confirm these findings."

That was over 2 months ago, so perhaps there is something more current to confirm or deny.
I get tired of digging online on this subject, as there's soooo much conflicting information.

Old 10-27-2021, 03:30 PM

1,068 posts, read 919,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
That was over 2 months ago, so perhaps there is something more current to confirm or deny. I get tired of digging online on this subject, as there's soooo much conflicting information.
This summarizes the main problem. A simple medical recommendation has become politicized with internet warriors digging into random articles trying to uncover conflicting information leading to some conspiracy as if vaccines are not safe instead of relying on the credibility of the scientific community to produce an extremely safe vaccine and agreeing to take it. No one has credibility anymore. Everyone has to be an internet conspiracy theorist "doing their own research". Best example is Kyrie Irving...a guy who thinks the Earth may be flat...refusing to take the vaccine and losing tens of millions of dollars....cause he thinks the vaccine will harm his body. Keep doing your research Kyrie...I trust you over these whacky scientists.

Old 10-28-2021, 06:20 AM
wjj

950 posts, read 1,366,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtcbnd03 View Post
This summarizes the main problem. A simple medical recommendation has become politicized

And therein lies the core issue. If all of this nonsense had just remained a recommendation, we would not have such polarization over this issue. People would talk with their doctor and then each individual would decide what to do based on their own circumstances and beliefs. Just like the flu shot and a myriad of other shots and treatments that bubble up from time to time. Talk to your doctor, do your own research, and then decide. And don't limit your research to the US given that the US ranks 40th in life expectancy in the world as of 2019 (probably worse now with Covid) and other countries might just have a better handle on health matters. And then reassess as new information becomes available. As soon as politicians and especially unelected bureaucrats get involved, the discussion drops into the mud. "Government expert" is a very low bar and anything said by a "government expert" needs to be taken with a large grain of salt. That is what causes everyone to research for themselves. Mandates based on experts who are not expert.

The problem is that there is so much crap out there on both sides of the issue, including from US government agencies. When you research both sides of the matter, you can usually cut through the crap and get to where real expert consensus lies. And that consensus is basically "we don't really know for sure right now". BTW, when doing research, do not depend on Google. Use duckduckgo or some other search engine and you would be surprised at the results you find but that are buried on page 8,762 on Google. Google is not an honest broker of information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois