Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2021, 08:22 PM

4,079 posts, read 10,393,276 times

Advertisements

I use the tolls daily, saves time. Invest in an Ipass, it’ll save you the hassle and trouble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2021, 07:31 AM

21,925 posts, read 9,494,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by civis View Post
My wife went from Naperville to Oak Brook, and back - guess what's toll bill we received? $18.80!!

IL is not just the most corrupted state, they now openly run toll scam!

Every time you pass a highway toll, and they removed cash option completely, they charge $3 fee on top of the toll fee, and that's given overall horrible highway conditions.

I found out now I can register my plate online for auto payment to avoid extra fees, but what if I f..g don't want to, cause hackers keep stealing credit card data??

Where do I complain about these f..g crooks? Or they now do anything they like, like a mafia
?
New to Illinois, by chance?

Geez. They rigged the red light cameras for god's sake.

Old 07-26-2021, 10:42 AM

9,121 posts, read 6,174,802 times
Quote:
My wife went from Naperville to Oak Brook, and back - guess what's toll bill we received? $18.80!!

IL is not just the most corrupted state, they now openly run toll scam!

Every time you pass a highway toll, and they removed cash option completely, they charge $3 fee on top of the toll fee, and that's given overall horrible highway conditions.

I found out now I can register my plate online for auto payment to avoid extra fees, but what if I f..g don't want to, cause hackers keep stealing credit card data??

Where do I complain about these f..g crooks? Or they now do anything they like, like a mafia?

You see corruption everywhere. Why are they crooks? Did you not bother to look at the tolls which are clearly available? Because you did not do your homework and prepare for the trip, you blast at everyone else as crooked and corrupt. Is it a mirror?

Old 07-26-2021, 02:01 PM

617 posts, read 538,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
You see corruption everywhere. Why are they crooks? Did you not bother to look at the tolls which are clearly available? Because you did not do your homework and prepare for the trip, you blast at everyone else as crooked and corrupt. Is it a mirror?

They are crooks because they apply crooked rates: for example the toll itself is $1.5, but they hit you with $3.0 on top of that, which is JUST because your license plate not registered with their system. (Curios for people which just pass through the state, are they supposed to register too?? It's just a toll trap for those.)

That's as crooked as it gets - it most states they just send you an invoice to your address for the toll and nothing more.

Also next time you trying to insult someone with your childish "mirror" thing just take your pills and go sleep.

Old 07-26-2021, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
I use the tolls daily, saves time. Invest in an Ipass, it’ll save you the hassle and trouble.

I invested originally, they started charging me for someone else's license plate tolls! Had to call them to disable the device.

Old 07-26-2021, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
https://www.illinoistollway.com/docu...a-aa0b3965774a

It appears that $3 was for not paying tolls at all, as this is the only reason you would receive a bill.
You're fortunate, I once was charged an additional $150 for not paying 4 tolls; received a bill and threat to suspend my DL.

No. $3 fee is if you car is not registered in their system! They send you bill 2-4 months AFTER you use the toll roads, they could do same soon after the trip, but they don't - they want this to look like you are late with payment!
In most states they just send an invoice for the toll amount, and no fees.

Old 07-27-2021, 06:45 AM

731 posts, read 484,662 times
Quote:
I invested originally, they started charging me for someone else's license plate tolls! Had to call them to disable the device.
That happened to me as well a few years ago. They credited my account and issued me a new device.

Old 07-27-2021, 10:23 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,006,772 times
Quote:
True story, my wife's uncle sold his truck before moving out of Illinois a number of years back. He didn't remove his plates (HUGE MISTAKE) when selling the vehicle but took the word of the buyer who said he would remove the plates and dispose of them as necessary.
Come to find out a year or two later my Uncle was contacted by the Illinois Tollway authority and was told he owed over 3k in tolls and fines because the guy he sold the truck to didn't remove the plates and incessantly drove the truck around Chicago racking up tolls on it and never paying them! Of course the tollway authority didn't care what happened they just wanted to get paid for all the missed tolls, lol. My FIL helped pay off tolls and violations but I guess Illinois wouldn't come down on the price even after my FIL called in and explained the situation on behalf of my wife's uncle. Crazy situation. Moral of the story, never trust someone (in a private sale) to remove your plates when selling a vehicle!

Old 07-27-2021, 11:17 AM

20,104 posts, read 9,011,934 times
Wife sold a car once while I was at work. She let them drive away with the tags on the car, they paid cash, didn't know who they were, didn't know how to contact them. You couldn't cancel your insurance on the vehicle until you provide the insurance company proof you turned in your tags. Good times!

Old 07-27-2021, 12:07 PM

11,791 posts, read 8,002,955 times
Geeze, after reading this thread I am feeling like TXTag here where I live in Texas treats us very lenient for pay by mail users, or users who go over their allotted balance.

Why are IL Tollroads in such poor shape anyway?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois