Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2020, 11:40 AM

4,513 posts, read 5,060,475 times

Advertisements

And yet the fools in IL. will elect the democrats again and again. It's like having a circular firing squad !

Old 09-25-2020, 08:11 PM

61 posts, read 71,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonhE View Post
Why is there not a matching amendment proposal to eliminate the pension mandate?
My understanding is that its due to the IL Supreme Court's extremely narrow interpretation of the state constitution. And Pritzker likely understands that this view will not change, so tying something he wants to something that he cannot get would be detrimental.

Quote:
I hope voters are smart enough to Vote "NO" on this BS...
When I see a Biden sign in a neighbors yard, I kind of wonder if...

These are the only reasons I can think of that someone would vote JB/Biden/Groot
I don't think its reasonable to conflate IL's graduated tax proposal with the entire National Democratic Platform.

Old 09-25-2020, 09:34 PM

85 posts, read 95,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Hung View Post
My understanding is that its due to the IL Supreme Court's extremely narrow interpretation of the state constitution. And Pritzker likely understands that this view will not change, so tying something he wants to something that he cannot get would be detrimental.

I don't think its reasonable to conflate IL's graduated tax proposal with the entire National Democratic Platform.

The pension mandate was passed as an amendment and needs an amendment to undo it. Pritzker / Madigan and the whole state democratic party are offers ZERO spending cuts to go along with their proposed amendment. Illinois has a SPENDING problem, not a tax revenue problem. I'm hoping you will vote against it Al.

I lumped them all in as Priztker when speaking always blames Trump for any and all current problems. Pritzker should worry about Illinois. That is his job same with "Groot".

Old 09-25-2020, 09:38 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,501,756 times
We are moving to Indiana as well. I actually know several professionals that are leaving this state and city either by the end of this year, for sure next year. At least four families. W will be commuting to Chicago for work still.

Old 09-25-2020, 09:54 PM

5,317 posts, read 3,232,540 times
More money for cronies.

Old 09-26-2020, 05:44 AM

20,349 posts, read 19,945,113 times
I have many family members who live outside of Indy proper.

Their concerns regarding the influx of people from Chicago and other parts of IL are that they will bring their old voting ways with them to create IL 2.0

The same concerns you get about people who flee CA, NY and NJ and move to other states.

Old 09-26-2020, 08:17 AM

148 posts, read 122,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post

Their concerns regarding the influx of people from Chicago and other parts of IL are that they will bring their old voting ways with them to create IL 2.0

The same concerns you get about people who flee CA, NY and NJ and move to other states.
I’m not that worried about it.
The far left hates Indiana & quite a few of them suffer from Pencephobia.
Plus Indiana has several constitutional protections for taxpayers unlike Illinois.

Old 09-26-2020, 09:02 AM

82 posts, read 96,223 times
Quote:

The people moving from Illinois are not the public union workers/voters who are holding Illinois hostage; by their very nature, those workers are the one's most tied to Illinois. It's like a parasite attached to a host.

Indiana is a right to work state, and as far as I know, has very weak public sector unions. The people moving may be more socially liberal, but fiscally-speaking, they are probably better informed and aware about the importance of public fiscal responsibility than the average voter.

At the very least, if that is indeed a primary motivating factor for their move, they will be keen not to live through the same experience twice.

Old 09-26-2020, 10:57 AM

61 posts, read 71,400 times
Quote:
The pension mandate was passed as an amendment and needs an amendment to undo it. Pritzker / Madigan and the whole state democratic party are offers ZERO spending cuts to go along with their proposed amendment. Illinois has a SPENDING problem, not a tax revenue problem. I'm hoping you will vote against it Al.

I lumped them all in as Priztker when speaking always blames Trump for any and all current problems. Pritzker should worry about Illinois. That is his job same with "Groot".
If I were to vote on it, I'd vote against. My family will not be staying in this state for very long though, and I'll likely not cast a vote on this particular item.

Old 09-26-2020, 11:18 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,501,756 times
Quote:

We are leaving Chicago because of their voting ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois