Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2020, 02:40 PM

148 posts, read 122,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Plus, I heard he's going require everyone to wear a mask in public. This is the straw that broke the Camel's back. We've begun getting the house ready for market. Planning to load up the wagon and make trails out of Illinois. Last I heard this stunt will cost Illinois over $7 Billion dollars and guess who will end up paying for that? Not JB!
This is beyond ridiculous.
Starting to feel like China’s lockdown.
Where do you plan on moving too might I ask?

Old 04-23-2020, 02:46 PM

5,072 posts, read 2,180,769 times
Good! This thing is getting worse so we should stay home. Trying to open things up early like he was thinking of doing was stupid! People are so silly thinking they ca open things up sooner like that will get rid of the virus lol. It does not care about people its a VIRUS!! Its not going any where so people better deal with it and stop acting like things will be normal soon just because its what they want.

Guess what the virus does not give a damn about what you want

Old 04-23-2020, 03:10 PM

2,234 posts, read 2,406,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
Good! This thing is getting worse so we should stay home. Trying to open things up early like he was thinking of doing was stupid! People are so silly thinking they ca open things up sooner like that will get rid of the virus lol. It does not care about people its a VIRUS!! Its not going any where so people better deal with it and stop acting like things will be normal soon just because its what they want.

Guess what the virus does not give a damn about what you want
I don't get how anyone could think this is a good thing. This virus kills only 1 or 2 percent of people. Many people have mild symptoms or no symptoms at all. Now how do you expect people to pay their bills? These stimulus checks and unemployment benefits won't be enough. Many businesses are already taking about closing their doors.

Old 04-23-2020, 03:16 PM

4,675 posts, read 7,409,141 times
Quote:
Plus, I heard he's going require everyone to wear a mask in public. This is the straw that broke the Camel's back. We've begun getting the house ready for market. Planning to load up the wagon and make trails out of Illinois. Last I heard this stunt will cost Illinois over $7 Billion dollars and guess who will end up paying for that? Not JB!
Wait...you are living in one of the most populated (and one of the more densely populated) cities/metros in the U.S. with one of the higher Covid19 case burdens, but an order to wear masks in public places to protect yourself and others from a deadly virus is the straw that breaks the camel's back...????

Seven other states have already implemented these measures at a statewide level, not to mention countless cities and counties across multiple other states (nearly every major city and county in California). Heck, even freedom-loving Texas requires face masks in public in virtually every major city!

Every state in this country is going to face a major budget crisis because of this virus issue. If you don't end up paying for it in Illinois, you certainly will end up paying for it in taxes (local, state, and federal) wherever you move. No American will be immune from the budget fallout from this disaster...

Old 04-23-2020, 03:22 PM

213 posts, read 166,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
I just don't understand it... I've been so angry and upset for the past month about all of this, but I'm just starting not to care anymore. It's wearing me down.

And yeah, I know many of the hospitals here are empty...it make no sense. They have some other agenda that they're not telling us.
The plan is to minimize global climate change by reducing pollution with mass poverty. High unemployment, no money = no consumption = less pollution

Other countries are doing the same; barely any cases, barely any testing but draconian quarantine laws

But you don’t need to worry, rich (millionaires) people will be doing just fine

Old 04-23-2020, 03:23 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,878,840 times
Everyone knew this was going to happen. And very little will be open up this summer. Young people catching this virus and ending up in the hospital. This lockdown will be around for a while so get comfortable.

Old 04-23-2020, 03:47 PM

2,561 posts, read 2,184,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Di3s3l_Pow3r View Post
The plan is to minimize global climate change by reducing pollution with mass poverty. High unemployment, no money = no consumption = less pollution

Other countries are doing the same; barely any cases, barely any testing but draconian quarantine laws

But you don’t need to worry, rich (millionaires) people will be doing just fine
Reducing pollution is definitely a nice byproduct of the lack of people moving around or manufacturing, but I'm pretty sure this theory is way off base.

Really, rich millionaires could've done all sorts of measures like this if they really wanted to do their part to slow climate change, like working remotely several years ago without the threat of a pandemic. Would've saved their companies' bottom lines by eliminating the payment of rent, real estate taxes, common area maintenance, etc. Some companies pay transit benefits. Health insurance would probably go down due to a reduced transmission of other illnesses throughout the year that may drive up the cost of insurance. No more subsidizing tolls, mileage or parking for companies with those sorts of T&E policies would be necessary either.

Old 04-23-2020, 04:05 PM

3,208 posts, read 3,555,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtcbnd03 View Post
So dumb. Everybody knows this mostly impacts the elderly aged 50+ so keep shelter in place for them and let everyone else get back to work. Illinois will most certainly go bankrupt from this. I feel sorry for the endless small businesses that will go bankrupt as well.
Sweden has been on a voluntary-only lockdown since this crisis began and its per capita death rate is 9 times that of next door Finland and more than double that of adjacent Denmark. It's also higher than the United States'. Is that what we want for our state—our country?

Old 04-23-2020, 04:08 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,409,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
https://wgntv.com/news/coronavirus/p...at-home-order/

That's just great... I had a feeling this was coming, but I'm just so disappointed. It looks like we'll be sitting here until at least the end of May.. and who knows if he'll extend it past that. I guess the governor is just fine with places going out of business and people going hungry... but he was born into money, so why should he care?
Stuff can't go on like this forever... especially when many areas of health care are considered "non essential". Psychiatrists, eye doctors, dentists etc.... how on earth are these non-essential, and also, how on earth can these things be closed for longer than 2 months? People need to see, need their teeth fixed, need haircuts, etc. . . these aren't exactly "luxury" businesses/professions....

A re-opening with social distancing + masks for close contact professions makes sense.... but you can't just keep things closed completely this long. I feel like more and more people will start joining these protests going on the longer this goes on, and who knows, maybe even civil unrest.

Old 04-23-2020, 04:12 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,409,505 times
Quote:
Heard it will be announced today and I'm guessing immediately. This is getting so ridiculous. We flattened the curve yet they keep pushing! How many beds are being used in McCormick place? I heard it cost ~$70 million dollars to transform into a hospital and not a single bed has been used.
If we're going down in deaths (because apparently peak week was what, 2 weeks ago?), why are even stricter measures and prolonged lockdowns necessary?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois