Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 02:49 PM

629 posts, read 542,838 times

Advertisements

yeah give more money to education and then have it be wasted making kids dumber by smoking weed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2019, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kind Of Town View Post
$200M in only 8 months equates to roughly $300M for the year. Like you said Illinois’ population is more than double Colorado’s. $600-650M in additional tax revenue without a cent coming from my pocket sounds good to me!

California is much more populated than Illinois and is barely going to bring in 300 million this year... their forecasts in the budget were almost three times the number they are taking in... this is just another reason for the idiot politicians to overspend AGAIN

Old 02-18-2019, 03:12 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,916,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Di3s3l_Pow3r View Post
For the past few years there was a trend for people to move to states where weed was legal aka. Colorado, Oregon, Washington, etc.

People pretty much went on full band wagon mode....one after another

One fact: Trends change over time

One advantage of Chicago metro over Denver metro is cost of living;
- cheaper houses (can easily find a home under $300K, not so much about Denver)
- better schools
- more jobs with better pay
- world class downtown
- access to water, beach
- no natural threats (fires, shortage of water, etc.)

Yet more people are coming to Chicago than Denver, according to Washington Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.866a2f061cf1

Don't get me wrong, I love Colorado for it's natural beauty and world class ski resorts
this "story" isnt really relevant, as it includes people moving WITHIN their current location..
so, someone moving from hinsdale to niles gets counted as "moving to" chicagoland..

The top 15 moving destinations — which includes people who moved within a metro area as well as those who relocated there from other regions — are:

1. Washington, D.C.

2. Dallas

3. Atlanta

4. New York City

5. Los Angeles

6. Seattle

7. Houston

8. Chicago

9. Phoenix

10. San Francisco

11. Denver

12. Portland, Ore.

13. Minneapolis

14. Tampa

15. Austin

Old 02-18-2019, 06:17 PM

4,149 posts, read 3,901,995 times
I'll admit I favored Rauner over Pritzer but let's see how this all plays out before condemning him as Governor. The jury is still out.

Old 02-18-2019, 06:58 PM

4,087 posts, read 3,238,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
Governor in Illinois is only the #2 position until Madigan melts into the sea...no governor can fix the fiscal nightmare he has created and continues to build, in conjunction with his new bag boy JB.... not even any of the C-D posters you are suggesting run for that so called "top office" in Illinois
So that means you're moving back to IL and running for Governor in 4-years.... You are one of the experts right .... referred to by that previous poster before you?

Old 02-19-2019, 10:04 AM

no Dave, everyone here knows YOU are the true expert on all things Illinois, so I'll leave the job of carrying around Madigans lunch bag to you..

Old 02-19-2019, 10:28 AM

4,087 posts, read 3,238,711 times
Quote:
no Dave, everyone here knows YOU are the true expert on all things Illinois, so I'll leave the job of carrying around Madigans lunch bag to you..
Guess I post a lot on Illinois's demise regularly and keep the Political Rhetoric from afar going...... I see myself as a Moderate Politically and both sides points and want successes over one side always purely evil.

They know my limitations as even too common for C-D in general. But can acknowledge my love for Chicago .... as if a homie that appreciates it from afar .... with no baggage of blame and NO degree of hoping for Illinois and Chicago's fail by always being the glass half-empty and always dropping in virtually everything as some.

But if Illinois ever did come to default? It would be a National issue to deal with and solve , to a Pension Debt issue affecting cities and State Nationwide. Even in the Sunbelt.

But glad to see some pessimist .... when Chi's up against like a Houston and other cities. Come to its defense. Deep down guess some homie pride survives.

Hope you enjoyed the Chillier then Normal weather in the Southwest..... I heard even Vegas had a VERY RARE SNOW event. Might remind you of home for meant decades ..... Heck I still rember the winters in Chicago of 78 79.

Last edited by DavePa; 02-19-2019 at 10:37 AM..

Old 02-19-2019, 11:10 AM

you're a strange dude Dave I'll give you that... shilling for a state you don't even live in... very bizarre

Old 02-19-2019, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smegmatite View Post
you're a strange dude Dave I'll give you that... shilling for a state you don't even live in... very bizarre
The internet is a strange place, inhabited by many strange folks...

As hard as it is to always follow what you are saying, DavePa; I am glad to see you acknowledge that I dont hate everything about Illinois/Chicago; there are many great things about the city, not so many great things about the state, and, yes, Chicago BLOWS AWAY Houston in almost every category, aside from winter weather..

and yes, its only in the 50's this week in Phoenix metro, and many residents hope that a cold snap like this will make many snowbirds re consider their plan of moving out here

Old 02-19-2019, 11:38 AM

2,029 posts, read 2,358,288 times
Quote:
so, what will 200-400 million do to fix a 130 BILLION dollar liability?
plus, people from all over the country have been flocking to Colorado for that reason and many others..Who is going to be anxious to "flock" to Illinois for ANY reason?

Plus, as more and more states make it legal in the next year or two, it will hold little, if any advantage to have legal weed in this state and most others...People WANT to move to Colorade; I dont know many, if ANY who say the same thing about Illinois..
Again, advice from an Illinois hater in Arizona who secretly must love Illinois or else he wouldn't keep commenting on the state's business on this forum.

Chicago had a record 58 million tourists last year and has twice as many people as Colorado, plus the adjoining states of Indiana and Wisconsin which are so red they will never legalize weed and will receive traffic from those states. I think Illinois finances are about to take a turn for the better. Any improvement in the liability is an improvement.

In defending Dave from Smegmatite who called him strange, anyone with your screen name is extremely strange; just look up the definition of smegma and be repulsed...…...

Last edited by Justabystander; 02-19-2019 at 12:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois