Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 11:26 AM

3,496 posts, read 2,187,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRU67 View Post
But they should be believed, and an immediate investigation conducted by the AG, if the precedent set during the Kavanaugh debacle is to be followed. Why are Democrats so eager to discount them? I was listening to an NPR segment this morning about this and felt like I stepped into the Twilight Zone. All the focus was on how suspicious it is that they waited until now, how much they were asking for, how campaign officials are credibly denying this, etc. Very hypocritical, IMO.
Neither side is innocent. All politicians are slimy until proven otherwise. If you think the Republicans or Democrats are acting in YOUR best interest, you are mistaken. Nearly everyone of them is acting in their own self interest. Why else would two multi-millionaires/billionaires be interested in this position or a multi-billionaire be interested in the presidency? I’m sure they are dumping millions of their own money to compete for these appointments in order to “serve the greater good.” LMFAO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2018, 02:38 PM

5,014 posts, read 9,459,618 times
AG candidate Kwame Raoul calls lawsuit against fellow Democrat J.B. Pritzker 'shoddily drafted' - Chicago Tribune

Looks like this AG candidate sure wouldn't investigate it. That's another one for progressives to avoid at the polls if they're not going to be hypocritical.

Old 10-19-2018, 05:18 PM

Quote:
AG candidate Kwame Raoul calls lawsuit against fellow Democrat J.B. Pritzker 'shoddily drafted' - Chicago Tribune

Looks like this AG candidate sure wouldn't investigate it. That's another one for progressives to avoid at the polls if they're not going to be hypocritical.
They’re all hypocrites. Like when Rauner says he wants to cut taxes but failed to block an income tax hike last year and then spent the tax revenues in the budget he signed. Political posturing - needed a “balanced budget” ahead of the election. Like I said, they’re all hypocrites, D’s and R’s.

https://www.chicagobusiness.com/arti...vic-federation

Old 10-20-2018, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kind Of Town View Post
They’re all hypocrites. Like when Rauner says he wants to cut taxes but failed to block an income tax hike last year and then spent the tax revenues in the budget he signed. Political posturing - needed a “balanced budget” ahead of the election. Like I said, they’re all hypocrites, D’s and R’s.

https://www.chicagobusiness.com/arti...vic-federation
Well, Madigan's group had blocked budgets for years but I see your point and it's fair enough. Perhaps he should have stuck to his guns versus caving.

But anyway, I'm very disappointed in how the Democrats are treating these brave people who came forward with these allegations of discrimination. They should be believed and Pritzker's candidacy suspended while an investigation takes place - if the precedent set during the Kavanaugh proceedings is to be followed.

Instead, the front-running AG candidate is criticizing their pleading for being shoddily drafted. For people who do not know, the pleading is simply the first document filed in court, and is often drafted in general terms. So, I mean, seriously dude? You can't make this stuff up.

Old 10-20-2018, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Well, Madigan's group had blocked budgets for years but I see your point and it's fair enough. Perhaps he should have stuck to his guns versus caving.

But anyway, I'm very disappointed in how the Democrats are treating these brave people who came forward with these allegations of discrimination. They should be believed and Pritzker's candidacy suspended while an investigation takes place - if the precedent set during the Kavanaugh proceedings is to be followed.

Instead, the front-running AG candidate is criticizing their pleading for being shoddily drafted. For people who do not know, the pleading is simply the first document filed in court, and is often drafted in general terms. So, I mean, seriously dude? You can't make this stuff up.
This isn’t an apples to apples comparison FWIW. Sexual assault/rape is not the same as racial discrimination and US Supreme Court Justice is far more powerful than Governor of any state. Also, in the case of Pritzker the voters have the ability to keep him out of office (by voting in 2 weeks). Voters didn’t have a say with Kavanaugh. Their elected officials did, however, and of course voted along party lines (surprise!) again, they’re all slime and can’t be trusted, D’s and R’s alike. I can’t repeat this enough. Sadly, folks will continue to look at it through an altered lens and think “their party” is better than “the other party.” This is the game that these guys/gals have created and sadly everyone buys into it. The system is broken imo. Compromise and working across party lines for the greater good of the country no longer occurs. Both sides are guilty as charged. SAD

Old 10-20-2018, 09:14 AM

Quote:
This isn’t an apples to apples comparison FWIW. Sexual assault/rape is not the same as racial discrimination and US Supreme Court Justice is far more powerful than Governor of any state. Also, in the case of Pritzker the voters have the ability to keep him out of office (by voting in 2 weeks). Voters didn’t have a say with Kavanaugh. Their elected officials did, however, and of course voted along party lines (surprise!) again, they’re all slime and can’t be trusted, D’s and R’s alike. I can’t repeat this enough. Sadly, folks will continue to look at it through an altered lens and think “their party” is better than “the other party.” This is the game that these guys/gals have created and sadly everyone buys into it. The system is broken imo. Compromise and working across party lines for the greater good of the country no longer occurs. Both sides are guilty as charged. SAD
I definitely agree sexual assault/rape is completely intolerable. But I also think race discrimination is too, particularly with respect to somebody who has been actually recorded making racist remarks and will be running our State.

We can debate whether or not that position is or is not more powerful than a Supreme Court Justice but you would have to agree it's a very powerful position.

Your comments imply that race discrimination should somehow be more tolerable than sexual assault or rape. I disagree. I think both should be taken equally seriously because they are both completely intolerable. Bottom line.

As to the voters being able to decide, Supreme Court Justices are also voted on. By the Senate. And Justice Kavanaugh was confirmed after a hearing where all parties were heard and a subsequent FBI investigation. In this case, I would like to see an Attorney General investigation and also a hearing where all sides are heard so the voters have all the information when they go into the polls, just like the Senate did with Kavanaugh.

Instead, we have our front runner for Attorney General attacking the victims publicly. That is SAD.

Old 10-20-2018, 11:47 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,918,983 times
7 FBI investigations during his career into Kavanaugh, and never was a single charge or criminal activity uncovered....2 years into the Russian "fiasco", and not a single prosecute able criminal charge relating to collusion with Russia in any way has been announced..

enough with the investigations, that cost our country millions, and turn up ZERO..

Old 10-20-2018, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
7 FBI investigations during his career into Kavanaugh, and never was a single charge or criminal activity uncovered....2 years into the Russian "fiasco", and not a single prosecute able criminal charge relating to collusion with Russia in any way has been announced..

enough with the investigations, that cost our country millions, and turn up ZERO..
Exhibit A^

So blinded by party loyalty... Yep, no criminal charges resulting from Mueller’s investigation LOL

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...obe-so-far.amp

Old 10-20-2018, 01:05 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,571,939 times
JB is a real piece of work. They guy took toilets out of one of his homes to avoid paying taxes. Not to mention some of the comments he's made about black people. You have to love an obese, corrupt, cheapskate billionaire. Oh, and a racist. He will fit right in.

Old 10-20-2018, 02:12 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,918,983 times
Quote:
Exhibit A^

So blinded by party loyalty... Yep, no criminal charges resulting from Mueller’s investigation LOL

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...obe-so-far.amp
please read my point accurately; I said "not a single prosecute able criminal charge relating to collusion with Russia in any way", NOT "any criminal charges"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois