Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 08:28 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,451,866 times

Advertisements

Now seems like a good time to someone we don't get posts from often. When we do, they certainy seem well thought out and honest. I'm referring to one of the forumers from the Pocatello area, pw72.

PW72 and I joined CDF about the same time. As a new arrival from the Northwest to Pocatello, pw72 had interesting questions and observations. How easily pw72 seems to join the flow of discussions even though "lurking" for a while.

I appreciate pw72's humor and self-described, "lurking," from this board. Maybe this will help pw72 post other thoughts/observations and other.

For those who have questions about Pocatello or ISU, it seems to me that
pw72 and TwinPrism always rise to the occasion and give their honest views. Plus, pw72 has chimed in with info about the Seattle area.

Probably one of the things I appreciate the most about pw72 was posting honestly in many posts, which IMHO, that religion in almost every post about Eastern and Southeastern ID didn't need to be an issue. At the time when we both became members, it seemed almost every post about Eastern and Southeastern ID had religious questions, often mixed in as part of different themes. Look at the change now and how many different subjects we discuss on this forum as people instead of having to try to determine if one's religion (or lack of religion) was a reason to post about certain areas of ID or other topics about life. For me, that made me want to visit this site more often.

Please share your memories of posts pw72 has written that gave you a reason to re-think what you previously thought about a specific thread or life in general.

Thanks for being a part of the Idaho forum, pw72. I've enjoyed our interaction over almost two years.

I look forward to future posts from you (how about less "lurking?")

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 09:53 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,676,400 times
Oh wow, thanks! I have nothing more to add right now, but thanks!

Old 05-04-2009, 11:47 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,928,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman 100 View Post
It is hard to believe there are so many decent people on this forum. After watching the news and other current events I sometimes want to go into a cave and hide. You people are all working together to create a special little niche where sanity still is king, and pandemonium gets placed on the back burner.
Fisherman thinks we are sane??? Hehehehehe

Great thread MSR And every one. This is also one of my favorite places to visit. Idaho is a great place to live. Moving to Idaho almost 23 years ago was a good move for us. We never looked back.

Chris

Old 05-05-2009, 01:23 AM

Talking Recognizing Others is Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by shades_of_idaho View Post
Fisherman thinks we are sane??? Hehehehehe

Great thread MSR And every one. This is also one of my favorite places to visit. Idaho is a great place to live. Moving to Idaho almost 23 years ago was a good move for us. We never looked back.

Chris
Thanks, Shades of Idaho. Yes, this is a great thread that has a lot of potential for growth, given those who read and write in it. I hope others will start to contribute more and tell what they appreciate about fellow posters, in the Idaho Forum.

I read comments from some and think I didn't know that side of that person. It has been really nice to learn how some have dealt with adversity in their lives. We all have bad days and it helps sometimes just to read about the strengths of ohters. It's great to have some tell us about those with whom they've connected here and some of their posts that were influential.

Someone wrote me a very moving message in a DM. Apparently, something I'd written in another forum was something others needed that day. I thought if this stranger could write such a heartfelt message to me, why couldn't we show our appreciation here where many of us kind of know some about our other forumers?

Happy writing and reading about our friends and neighbors. I'm learning more with each post others write about the multi-talents/traits of others who post here. It has been rewarding.

Good job everyone! Keep posting.

MSR

Old 05-05-2009, 06:58 AM

1,573 posts, read 2,928,301 times
Well MSR We=DH and I have connected in real life with Ruby , here, and her DH. Told them about a house for sale they ended up buying. I knew it was a good house because at one time it had been ours and we loved it but my DH wanted to move back to Cambridge cause he missed his friends up there. Was not our house when Ruby bought it but the people we had sold it to. We met them on move in day and helped unload their U-Haul.

And Dang it all we just missed DR when they came up to shop and explore last year. We were in the middle of our last move and were under the gun to get R Done. Sigh. But.............. I have visited many times by Email with his lovely wife over the last couple of years.

I will add many here have been so sweet to me. Torrie was great when I asked her real estate advice even though we were selling FSBO and she had nothing to gain she was sweet enough to answer a few of my questions. So helpful.

We were headed up to meet Janab in real life last month when a snow storm hit and we had to delay things. Now my job has me tied down for the next week so we hope to get up there soon.

When we first moved to Idaho every thing we owned was stuffed in the back of a big stock truck with tarps over the top. We were living in a camper on the land we had bough in Clayton, between Stanly and Challis. We had a well pipe sticking of the ground and a load of three sided logs bought to build our house. WE were also much younger and brought a friend with us to help us build our own log house. Every day was an adventure. From stacking the patio table up on top of the stock truck rails on board stringers to be able to put the ladder up on it to be able to get high enough to run the , forgot what it is called, that holds the electric wires so the electric company would come give us power. To the day I not so nicely discovered nettles.

We built that house in three days less then three months and moved in on a seventeen degree morning. None too soon.

For those hoping to move to Idaho I hope your dreams come true for you. I wanted to leave California since the 70's and it took 16 years to save enough money to do it. Then I found a man that wanted to move away too and off we went. We later decided we really did not have to move so far out from people in Clayton 189 miles one way to a K-Mart in IF, but we enjoyed living there for over three years. My DH is a mover,drifter, so we have lived in many houses since and 4 towns since and even moved across the state to the western side.

Time to get ready to head off to work.

Chris

Old 05-14-2009, 08:17 PM

Talking I Want to Learn More About Our Fellow Poster/Friend, Trace. Please Share Your Observations/Experiences.

By popular request, it is time to get this thread up and running again. I'd like to suggest maybe doing something a little differently.

One of the benefits I get from CDF and the various posts each of you post is I get to think about some subjects in different ways. Often I find I'm impressed with the depth of many posts. Many are simply life experiences; however, those who have written about them have shared parts of their journey with all of us.

I'd like to read posts from as many people as possible about unique things they may know about different forumers who post on the ID thread.

To get us started, I think it is time to say "Congratulations, Trace," for chosing Idaho to be your state of relocation. I hope they are happy for you and your family.

I feel like some of you fishing buddies may know aspects about Trace that I don't. Now is a great time to tell the story or issue the challenge or whatever about the Trace you know.

The Trace I know is a skilled craftsman who can't accomplish all he wishes in his current CA location and will be able to do so in Idaho. He seems to be very consistent in his posts and even tempered in discussing most issues. If you know otherwise, please share what I've missed about our friend who will be leaving CA for Idaho.

Trace tries to contribute to different subjects when he can. However, it is my observation that he doesn't "battle with others," rather states his point and then lets the thread continue. Also, Trace doesn't limit his comments to certain areas of ID as some of us tend to do. I'm impressed how much he has learned about various locations in Idaho when deciding where to relocate.

I was especially impressed with you when you wrote about the loss of your pet. Pets are a part of families and sometimes people can't have their pets move with them when they move. I like it that "real men can show gentle emotions and tears," on this forum. I've read many of your posts, but your thread about losing a much loved member of your family brought others from different states/forums, to visit. I believe they, too, were moved by your honesty and willingness to share a bad time with us.

I'm happy to have Trace be a part of the Idaho discussion. So Congrats Trace, it is your turn to read what your fellow posters want to share about you. Thanks for being the positive force that you are in this forum. I truly believe your positive outlook on life, and honest sharing of emotion, help the Idaho discussion be what it is.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you better, Trace, from the comments of others from CDF.

MSR

Old 05-15-2009, 10:50 AM

1,043 posts, read 3,442,431 times
Wow, thanks MSR!! I know I'm not an Idahoan YET, but in my heart I am already.. I was born here in Cali. but its no longer my home. I do hope California gets its act together but I surely wont be holding my breath!!Ha!!
Its been a LONG time coming, and we arent there yet, but I hope it wont be much longer.. I wont belabor everyone with the setbacks, and the obstacles we face. Suffice to say we are working very hard to move the business and my family ASAP.. I cant wait to be in Gods country with you all and I very much look forward to meeting many if not all of you fine folkes here on CDF..
In a world that seems to have gone insane, this is one bastion of sanity, and normalcy for me. CDF really helps keep me connected with the home in my heart and head, even though we physically arent there yet.

Thanks again, and I appreciate you all for taking me in as one of your own. It really means alot to me..

Old 05-15-2009, 12:07 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,280,067 times
MSR is being nice so as to get an invite to the dang BBQ!!!

Old 05-15-2009, 12:58 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,442,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elousv View Post
MSR is being nice so as to get an invite to the dang BBQ!!!
When it FINALLY happens EVERYONE here is invited!.. Being nice just gets you some of the good single malt, and "possibly" a Cuban stogie...

Old 05-15-2009, 01:26 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,280,067 times
Trace is great
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho