Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2023, 04:20 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,265,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkintheLight View Post
Thats pure specualtion.

Chad has a good defense, blame evrything on Lori. Lets face it, her statements about Heaven and everything else is really out there. Im not mormian, so I am not sure how much that religion played into it, I know that the mormonian religion has some science fiction in it.
According to an interview with Lori’s sister on East Idaho News, Lori began picking parts of different religions years ago. Sounds like she was leaning more towards cults.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2023, 04:25 PM

492 posts, read 143,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
We'll see. It's probably going to be a very interesting trial, to say the least.

It's amazing what gets into people these days. Just ten years ago I bet Lori was the most exciting, happy, wonderful individual on social media, Facebook for example. Bet she had hundreds of friends and each and every picture she posted was gushing with pride and self-awesomeness, posting pix of each and every plate of food, coffee at local coffee shops along side a bagel or chocolate croissant, etc. etc. etc. And now look. What happened? Prison for LIFE!
Lori, whose brother{deceased}, killed her husband Charles Vallow. Lori told Charles that his body was taken over and he was occupied by John Schneider, that was his real name.

The brother shot him with a shot gun, claimed self defense. Lori was a witness ,of course, backed up the brothers story.

Old 01-13-2024, 12:56 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,664,614 times
Chad Daybell's attorney is quitting:
https://www.courttv.com/news/chad-da...m-murder-case/

Old 01-13-2024, 11:10 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,354,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Chad Daybell's attorney is quitting:
https://www.courttv.com/news/chad-da...m-murder-case/
Wow.
Well, it was known Chad blew through a lot of the insurance money he got from his wife's death on his honeymoon with his new bride, but it didn't take all the money.

I expect the state will end up footing the bill, just like it did with Lori.

Old 01-23-2024, 10:09 AM

Another Daybell factoid:
Chad turned over the titles to his property to his lawyer as payment for his services.
Apparently, they were his last financial resource.

I began to think about the question Who would want to buy this property?

Unlike some other murder sites I know of, this one is unique and uniquely gruesome. It's quite large- a house and outbuildings surrounded by a large lawn and what appears to be somewhere around 40 acres of former farm land.

Normally, this isn't a problem when it comes to a future sale. Houses can be repaired so well now it is impossible to know that a crime happened in on unless a buyer was informed of it, and countryside lots like this normally don't present any resale problems at all.
Daybell spread his crimes over all of it, making a restoration so expensive it could cost more than the property is worth. And unlike the others, this crime scene is internationally notorious. Anyone who bought it would never be able to allow time to remove the stain of murder; it's so well known the stain is permanent.

Old 01-23-2024, 11:18 AM

32,638 posts, read 48,005,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I began to think about the question Who would want to buy this property?

Unlike some other murder sites I know of, this one is unique and uniquely gruesome. It's quite large- a house and outbuildings surrounded by a large lawn and what appears to be somewhere around 40 acres of former farm land.......
I wouldn't have any problem with buying it., The house didn't kill anyone. The land had nothing to do with any of it. Daybell would not be included in the sale so he wouldn't be there sleeping in the master bedroom and I doubt that he will ever return there to haunt it.

I suppose there is risk of plowing up a skeleton or two, but you just call the police and have them come and get it. it's not like the house itself drives people crazy to the point that they turn into killers.

Old 01-24-2024, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
I wouldn't have any problem with buying it., The house didn't kill anyone. The land had nothing to do with any of it. Daybell would not be included in the sale so he wouldn't be there sleeping in the master bedroom and I doubt that he will ever return there to haunt it.

I suppose there is risk of plowing up a skeleton or two, but you just call the police and have them come and get it. it's not like the house itself drives people crazy to the point that they turn into killers.
Yup.
But I'm less sure your emotions would be so cool if you accidentally dug up a piece of Kaylee that wasn't discovered by the FBI. Or came across the hacksaw in the barn that wasn't found. Her remains were most definitely not anything like a dry-bone skeleton.

This homestead is bound to get a lot of passers-by traffic for a long time to come, as only a couple of miles away from US 20, the main western route to Yellowstone Park, and an easy, short detour.

But for sure, there are some folks who wouldn't be bothered by the place's history. And that history could make it a really solid bargain that's cheap enough to make the high expense of a thorough restoration justified.

The farmstead was never cared for properly when Chad's family lived there; the land looks like it was never touched after he bought it in 2015, though it's possible a neighbor came over and cut down the weeds a few times, just to prevent them from spreading.
The house has been closed up tight for almost 4 years now, after one of his kids moved out of it after he was arrested.

Anyone who buys the property will have to buy some basic farm implements if the buyer intends to keep it intact as one piece. Sub-dividing it into small parcels for a rural subdivision will be difficult, as it's surrounded by cleaner, much less notorious ground on all 4 sides.

Lots of problems, but there's nothing that couldn't be overcome in all of them with a lot of time, effort, and money.

If you were seriously interested in it, I think the neighbors would come over and offer some help. I think the place is ripe for some jerk who could buy the place and turn it into an Idaho Murder Attraction, chock full of ghastly thrills for a $20 ticket.

I had a distant cousin whose family lived in a wealthy Detroit suburb all his life. The family owned an old mansion there, one that they were forced to sell in a tight spot, but re-purchesed once their finances stablized. They were always our wealthiest relatives, and he was a neatness freak, so I'm sure the home was always pristine.

It was a magnficent home; though I was never in it, my mother and my grandmother visited them several times, and my Mom always raved about the house's splendor and always wanted a home just like it.

He lived in that house almost his entire life, and in the end, spent almost all of his time in it, caring for his aged mother.

When he brought her in one night after eating out, they scared a burglar who instantly fled. He had broken the back door to get in.
They called the cops, but the guy returned that night around 1:00 AM, and my cousin shot and killed him as the burlar was coming up the stairs.

While it was a classic self-defense killing, he never had any legal consequences at all, but the incident left him and his mother in a permanent state of terror, and within a few months, he sold it intact, fully furnished and renovated.

To save his mother's life, he said. The sale did prolong her life for another 8 years, but after the sale, he never lived in another house. He put his Mom in a rest home, and lived in hotels or with her scattered relatives for the rest of his life, moving from one to another restlessly, a few weeks at a time.

I don't know if I would be so haunted if I lived through an incident like that, or that would bother you. But I've seen other houses where a killing happened abandoned forever, some much nicer than Daybell's place. The stain of death never leaves people's memories.

Old 04-01-2024, 05:07 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,664,614 times
The Daybell murder trial started today:
https://apnews.com/article/chad-dayb...999e3b29c2fffc

Old 04-02-2024, 10:11 AM

1,252 posts, read 1,105,500 times
I wonder if the kids weren't killed if they would have also enjoyed a trip to Hawaii? Seems strange or telling that you kill the kids to make them happier and then you go on vacation.

Old 04-02-2024, 12:26 PM

131 posts, read 67,233 times
Why don't they just take the guy out in a field, put a bullet in his head and bury him. Would save us ALL a lot of grief and tax dollars. What a waste of time and effort for a worthless piece of dung. Won't even call him a human. I'm beyond tired of hearing about this kind of junk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho