Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2023, 11:45 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,662,916 times

Advertisements

Updates from today:
https://www.eastidahonews.com/2023/0...dge-responded/
So Lori Vallow begged to be allowed to leave the courtroom as they talked about finding the children's bodies. Nope, said the judge. Request denied.
https://www.eastidahonews.com/2023/0...daybell-trial/
Very disturbing account of the pictures of the dead children. No pictures posted, but I'm seeing it in my mind, and it is horrifying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2023, 05:48 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,264,571 times
I’ve been keeping up with recaps on Court TV and I can’t believe how Lori Vallow seems to unaffected by everything. You’d think the topic was a trip to the mall, not the murder of her children.

Old 05-02-2023, 11:00 AM

29,214 posts, read 22,351,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
I’ve been keeping up with recaps on Court TV and I can’t believe how Lori Vallow seems to unaffected by everything. You’d think the topic was a trip to the mall, not the murder of her children.
Yup.
I'd like to know what a psychiatrist has to say about the woman.

One thing I am sure of is she's never going to spend a single free day for the rest of her life. The evidence against her is really strong and damning.

Old 05-12-2023, 12:45 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,124,184 times
I've heard a verdict has been reached. That was fast, but not surprising actually.

I remember back in 1993 here in the SF bay area a young girl Polly Klaas was missing for about a month or so. During that entire time that she was missing, her father was frantically looking for her using every means possible. So for this reason, I reference that example when comparing it to this current situation. What was the mother doing at the time the kids were missing? She was getting married, in Hawaii and enjoying life out in the sun & having fun.

That right there alone is why I know she's guilty as sin of all charges.

Old 05-12-2023, 03:51 PM

Lori Vallow Daybell waw found guilty on all counts this morning.
- conspiracy to murder Tylee Ryan
- murder of Tylee
-conspiracy to murder JJ Vallow
- murder of JJ
- grand theft

Her sentencing will happen in about 90 days. The maximum sentence she could receive is life without parole.

Old 05-12-2023, 05:45 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,662,916 times
Thanks for the update! I've been busy all day, so I haven't had a chance to go online. I understand the verdict was live-streamed. I'll go on YouTube and see the wrap-up.

Old 05-13-2023, 05:17 AM

I believe she still has a trial in AZ due to Charles’ death. Clearly Alex killed him, but I’m guessing conspiracy?

Old 05-13-2023, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
I believe she still has a trial in AZ due to Charles’ death. Clearly Alex killed him, but I’m guessing conspiracy?
Yes.
That trial is pending until after she's sentenced here, but the charges have been officially completed.

There may be a second Arizona trial for both Chad and Lori for the attempted murder of Brandon Boudreux, Lori's neice's ex-husband.
He was the guy who Alex shot at from the back of Tylee's Jeep in a drive-by in Glibert, Az, in front of the new house Brandon lived in after the divorce. Supposedly, Chad was driving the Jeep.

I was always curious as to why that guy became a target. After spending a long time last night going over the notes I've kept- 3 year's worth- I realized Brandon was the only person who knew them all and wasn't a member of Chad's little cult.
He was good friends with Charles Vallow; both enjoyed their careers in sales very much nd they loved to swap stories. He knew Alex, who always made it a point to stop and visit his sister when he was driving an interstate truck route, and Lori hung out with his wife often at the Boudreux home when they were married

He also knew Chad and openly distrusted him and didn't like him messing with his marriage. Chad was a major factor in Brandon's divorce, and was part of the reason Brandon got full custody of his 2 boys.

He was spooked after he was shot at, and moved to Utah for safety. His ex Melani tracked him down there just before she remarried, and showed up at his door late one night demanding to see the children.
Brandon didn't allow it and called the cops. She was arrested, as she had done this once before and violated a no-contact order. Alex Cox drove her to Utah in Tylee's Jeep, and he bailed Melani out the following morning and took her back to Arizona.

That was the last time Brandon saw any of them. Melani moved to Rexburg w/ her new husband shortly afterward, and now is back in Arizona with him. Alex never came prowling again after Brandon ID'd him to the cops.

A stray tidbit: Brandon did like Charles did. Charles was older and a more experienced salesman, so Brandon liked to learn and imitate Charle's sales techniques. When Charles took out a $1 Million insurance policy, mostly because he spent so much time on the road, so did Brandon.

And like Charles, he had the beneficiaries changed on his insurance without telling his wife. He thinks Melani and/or Lori tried to kill him for the insurance money in Arizona, and then in Utah. But after the cops came so quickly in Utah and didn't mess around arresting his ex, he thinks they dropped their plans because he was so well protected from them.

Melani was totally devoted to her aunt Lori long before Lori met Chad. She's the daughter of Lori's older sister who died young in her mid-30s. Lori took her in when Melani was still a teen, and she married Brandon when they were both quite young.

For sure, Melani knows a lot more than anyone has realized, but once she moved to Idaho w/ her new husband, she distanced herself from Lori quite a lot. Her new husband knew next to nothing about her life in Arizona when he was interviewed, and he didn't like for Chad.
Once in Idaho, Melani must have known she couldn't touch her ex's insurance policy. It makes sense she began slipping out of Lori's control, and as long as she stayed silent, she was no threat to the Daybells.

None of this had much to do with Lori in Idaho, so the Boudreaux affair has been overlooked quite a lot. But he will be an important witness in Arizona if and when trials commence there.

Old 05-14-2023, 04:49 AM

Wow Mike, you opened my eyes to a few things I forgot and some I didn’t know! Thanks.

Old 05-14-2023, 02:08 PM

So this was posted on East Idaho News. I thought it was well written.

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2023/0...uilty-verdict/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho