Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2021, 06:35 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,278,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Torgue View Post
“You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to cleosmom again.”
Thank you sir

Old 12-05-2021, 07:45 AM

269 posts, read 329,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
...I don't read leftist media as an informative source, nor am I on Facebook and opinions? Well everyone has one.
What do you use as your information source? How do you choose what opinion to hold?

Old 12-05-2021, 08:37 AM

1,402 posts, read 3,366,678 times
Janice McGeachin is a radical trumper, not very smart, racist and appeals to the same. Her campaign thus far focuses on fear, hate and Lies. Idaho's Republican Party doesn't support her. From what I've read, Idaho's mainstream media knows she is a whack job.

She is terrible.

Old 12-06-2021, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heron31 View Post
What do you use as your information source? How do you choose what opinion to hold?
I use personal research as my information source. How do I choose what opinion to hold? I hold my own opinion.

Old 12-06-2021, 09:29 AM

269 posts, read 329,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
...when enough incomers move in, they can out-vote the Idahoans...
Although it looks like most of the incomers from California will be voting with the Idahoans.

Old 12-06-2021, 02:51 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,752,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
I use personal research as my information source. How do I choose what opinion to hold? I hold my own opinion.
You can’t do “research” without getting information from somewhere.

Old 12-06-2021, 03:04 PM

3,338 posts, read 6,905,541 times
There is plenty of non left or non right info out there about the lady who likes to wear fishnets in her photos.

https://www.kmvt.com/2021/12/03/is-i...ght-direction/

Is Idaho’s Republican Party moving in the ‘right’ direction?
With the 2022 midterm election quickly approaching, there have been many changes in Idaho’s political landscape

Quote:
“I call it extremism, and I kind of define extremism as someone who is willing to do or say anything whether they believe it or not to promote themselves, and that is what I see with Priscilla [Giddings],” Malek said.

He also said who he sees Giddings and current Lt. Gov. Janice McGeachin, who is running for Governor of Idaho, as two candidates who look to create problems to market themselves, instead of looking to solve problems. Malek said he considers Governor Brad Little and Bedke as problem solvers.

https://www.boisestatepublicradio.or...h-black-family
McGeachin campaign official "disgusted" by Juneteenth, blasts Hershey's ad with Black family
Quote:
“Guess we’re on our way to be a black nation ahead,” she wrote. “Welcome to the ‘new’ America.”

Old 12-06-2021, 03:27 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,393,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heron31 View Post
Although it looks like most of the incomers from California will be voting with the Idahoans.
Yup.
I think the newcomers who are extremists get all the notice and attention, but I doubt their views are the most popular, and I doubt their numbers are large.

That may have all been true 20-30 years ago before the entire state became an immigration hot spot, but even then, I doubt there were lots of extremists moving here back then.

I'm more sure there has been self-sorting going on though, as Idaho is the most reliably conservative state in the northwest and has been for many decades.

I think most folks who actually move here tend to be conservative than liberal, but they all seem to be more typically Idaho mainstream in their politics, not exactly centered in moderation, but more so than the extremists.

Idaho had some very bad and bloody experience with extremists in the last century.
They threatened more violence than they delivered; it was mostly talk, but the actions, though rare in comparison to the talk, were pretty bad. Bad enough to leave some deep scars in our collective memory.

It left the state quite sensitive to violence, particularly because there are so few of us who live here. This is a state where everyone eventually learns to watch out for themself because there's no one around as often as not when anyone finds themself in trouble.

It makes us libertarian. We allow each other to live and let live, but your politics are yours, and not necessarily mine. I am as entitled as you are to mine as you are to yours. Just don't try to force yours on me.
I won't try to force mine on you, even if we half-way agree on some things.

If I'm around when you need a push out of the snowbank, I'll help. But if I'm not around, it's all up to you, friend. If you can't get out of trouble on your own, your wait for help can be a very long wait.

That's actually the way anyone learns how to become independent, isn't it? Every small child learns how to get themself out of trouble as they grow up. They all learn it young here and it sinks into our bones.

That's why all Idahoans are essentially independent and less prone to group thinking and group actions than in most other states.

We all tend to think for ourselves. Another's beliefs are OK as long as they don't try to push them on anyone else.

Old 12-07-2021, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Yup.
I think the newcomers who are extremists get all the notice and attention, but I doubt their views are the most popular, and I doubt their numbers are large.

That may have all been true 20-30 years ago before the entire state became an immigration hot spot, but even then, I doubt there were lots of extremists moving here back then.

I'm more sure there has been self-sorting going on though, as Idaho is the most reliably conservative state in the northwest and has been for many decades.

I think most folks who actually move here tend to be conservative than liberal, but they all seem to be more typically Idaho mainstream in their politics, not exactly centered in moderation, but more so than the extremists.

Idaho had some very bad and bloody experience with extremists in the last century.
They threatened more violence than they delivered; it was mostly talk, but the actions, though rare in comparison to the talk, were pretty bad. Bad enough to leave some deep scars in our collective memory.

It left the state quite sensitive to violence, particularly because there are so few of us who live here. This is a state where everyone eventually learns to watch out for themself because there's no one around as often as not when anyone finds themself in trouble.

It makes us libertarian. We allow each other to live and let live, but your politics are yours, and not necessarily mine. I am as entitled as you are to mine as you are to yours. Just don't try to force yours on me.
I won't try to force mine on you, even if we half-way agree on some things.

If I'm around when you need a push out of the snowbank, I'll help. But if I'm not around, it's all up to you, friend. If you can't get out of trouble on your own, your wait for help can be a very long wait.

That's actually the way anyone learns how to become independent, isn't it? Every small child learns how to get themself out of trouble as they grow up. They all learn it young here and it sinks into our bones.

That's why all Idahoans are essentially independent and less prone to group thinking and group actions than in most other states.

We all tend to think for ourselves. Another's beliefs are OK as long as they don't try to push them on anyone else.
Well said Mike! Which is why I'm not taking bait in answering questions as to where I get my information or how I do my research.

As Mike is saying, certain issues he and I might not agree 100% on, but when the flatten the curve I genuinely told him, as I worked in a grocery store at the time, to please let me know if he needed anything I would get it to him.

People can have different beliefs without being divisive!

Old 12-07-2021, 10:18 AM

6,358 posts, read 7,780,074 times
Thread re-opened. Keep the discussion respectful and civil. Thank you.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Last edited by volosong; 12-10-2021 at 10:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho