Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2021, 12:18 PM

29,220 posts, read 22,410,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
Y'all need to protect Boise from becoming another Seattle...

or Portland...

(notice where I am....)
Boise needs no protection from anything.
The Boiseans who wanted to move to Portland have done so without interrupting Boise's independence, and Portlanders moved there expecting Boise to still be independent Boise.

Idahoans are a stubborn, independent people. It's very hard to try to force them into anything they don't want. If they are forced, they won't accept it.

Boise's spirit has always been just as it is now; the city has made mistakes, but it always finds its own way to resolve them to the resident's satisfaction.
As the state's Capital city, Boise has always been very adept at keeping Idaho's tendency to regionalize and fall into competing factions together.

The city has never held itself apart from the rest of the state.
It may be a bit more cosmopolitan now, but it's still all Idahoan, and Idahoans do not follow any other state's path. We never have, and we never will.

Sure, the rest of the nation influences us, but we always choose how those influences affect us.

If our trail is a hard one, so be it. It's ours, and we will travel on it. Only those who are willing to go our way along with us ever stay here for very long.

Old 12-03-2021, 05:27 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,283,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heron31 View Post
As I look into her background a little, I have a bad feeling about her.
Up until the other night, I did also. I won't go in to detail as this isn't a political forum, however don't believe everything you read/hear from MSM.

Old 12-03-2021, 08:14 AM

3,338 posts, read 6,908,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
Up until the other night, I did also. I won't go in to detail as this isn't a political forum, however don't believe everything you read/hear from MSM.
If you have a good feeling about her then you also believe Trump lost the election? That is one of her biggest campaign topics.

Old 12-03-2021, 08:40 AM

https://www.idahoednews.org/news/ana...haos-campaign/

Analysis: Just another week in the McGeachin chaos campaign
Kevin Richert 10/21/2021

Quote:
A chaos candidate who is looking to unseat Gov. Brad Little by appealing to the hardcore faction of the Idaho GOP with a steady diet of red meat.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/she-wa...t-killing-cops

A dark money think-tank analyst working for Idaho Lt. Gov. Janice McGeachin’s office and campaign urges violence against law enforcement on social media.
Quote:
“Parrish Miller is a well-known Idaho extremist,” said Mike Satz, executive director of the Idaho 97 Project—its name a riposte to the “Three Percenter” anti-government militias with whom McGeachin has repeatedly cavorted. “He utilizes very dangerous, very violent, very aggressive language very often online.”

https://lmtribune.com/opinion/opinio...baa2f7988.html

The name is Lt. Gov. McGeachin, not Queen Janice

Quote:
Now, through a bizarre set of circumstances brought on by herself, McGeachin has turned Idaho — and herself — into a national laughingstock. She has gained national attention from the Washington Post and CNN (among other outlets) for being that crazy lieutenant governor who decided to go rogue when Gov. Brad Little was out of the state.

Old 12-03-2021, 09:11 AM

32,674 posts, read 48,152,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
.......Idahoans are a stubborn, independent people. It's very hard to try to force them into anything they don't want. If they are forced, they won't accept it............

It doesn't matter how stubborn and independent Idahoans are. This is a democracy and when enough incomers move in, they can out-vote the Idahoans and they don't care whether the original people accept it or not.

You don't want to believe that? Ask the old families from Oregon and Colorado.

Old 12-03-2021, 02:14 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,767,738 times
Yeah but at the same time I've seen instances in other areas of the country when folks move in that don't fit in they are made quite uncomfortable and eventually leave once again. Don't count that out either. I still don't see things shifting like Oregon and Washington did here in Idaho. There may well be a few isolated areas (re: Boise) where that might apply, but don't count on a ton of change throughout the rest of the State. Stubborn does account for somethings.

Old 12-03-2021, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
It doesn't matter how stubborn and independent Idahoans are. This is a democracy and when enough incomers move in, they can out-vote the Idahoans and they don't care whether the original people accept it or not.

You don't want to believe that? Ask the old families from Oregon and Colorado.
This is already happening. The most populated area of the state, the Boise Metro Area (Boise has been a blue city for some time now) is shifting and the other democratic areas of the state are becoming more blue. The conservatives moving in are usually different compared to native or long time Idaho conservatives.

There will always be a divide between the rural and urban areas of any state and Idaho is no exception. The Boise area is one of the fastest growing in the nation, so it will be interesting to see how this area looks politically in 10 years.

Old 12-03-2021, 04:20 PM

10,337 posts, read 6,887,116 times
Having seen what Idaho has to offer, I'd certainly feel bad if it went like Porkland...

That would be a cryin' shame.

(I like Idaho, a lot.)

Yes, it DOES matter.

Old 12-04-2021, 04:38 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,283,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syringaloid View Post
https://www.idahoednews.org/news/ana...haos-campaign/

Analysis: Just another week in the McGeachin chaos campaign
Kevin Richert 10/21/2021

https://www.thedailybeast.com/she-wa...t-killing-cops

A dark money think-tank analyst working for Idaho Lt. Gov. Janice McGeachin’s office and campaign urges violence against law enforcement on social media.

https://lmtribune.com/opinion/opinio...baa2f7988.html

The name is Lt. Gov. McGeachin, not Queen Janice
A left leaning publication, an article that deals in social media and an opinion. Okay, am I to be impressed? Sorry, but I don't read leftist media as an informative source, nor am I on Facebook and opinions? Well everyone has one.

Old 12-04-2021, 06:32 PM

561 posts, read 440,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
A left leaning publication, an article that deals in social media and an opinion. Okay, am I to be impressed? Sorry, but I don't read leftist media as an informative source, nor am I on Facebook and opinions? Well everyone has one.
“You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to cleosmom again.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho