Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2021, 11:47 AM

1,258 posts, read 1,059,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKirkland View Post
I'd have to agree with this to a point. I grew up in CDA, and I don't recall area residents being so extreme in the past. It seems that the area has become a magnet for those leaning far right - and it becomes an echo chamber of similar viewpoints (just as it is in extremely liberal leaning areas). It's too bad. I always found people that grew up in North ID to be more level headed and 'live and let live' but I think their voices are being drowned out.
Kootenai County, Idaho is what Orange County, CA was in the 1970s.

Except, instead of the John Birch Society being the driving force, it's QAnon and the Redoubt Movement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2021, 03:09 PM

1,402 posts, read 3,367,211 times
This crazy man from Dalton Gardens wants to pass a bill to charge public officials with a crime for helping the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT regarding vaccine mandated.

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/...ainstage_card2

Vick is dumb. Voters in North Idaho need to educate themselves before voting these crazy types into office.
Looks like he is from Montana and he needs to go back.

Old 10-04-2021, 03:24 PM

1,258 posts, read 1,059,274 times
Dalton Gardens also sent Vito Barbieri to the statehouse in Boise. This is the guy who said a women should be able to swallow a camera as a means to a gynecological exam.

Old 10-04-2021, 07:42 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,279,627 times
You guys make excellent points. It made me think of a new slogan - "Stay AWAY from Kootenai".

Old 10-04-2021, 11:35 PM

152 posts, read 204,196 times
I'm actually pretty surprised at how pro-vaccine so many of the replies are here and 1) this isn't even a traditional vaccine and 2) there are no long term studies on these injections. Clinical trials are to be completed by 2022 and 2023. And that's not very long term. Everyone participating in this now is participating in the trial and go for it, it is everyone's right to do so, or not. Please don't be one of those people who want to mandate or force others to be experimented on, denied access to services, etc. The fear-mongering has turned decent people into mean people. 99.7% survival rate does not require forced injections. We need better early treatment for those that need it. And to use the PCR test fairly, and to stop using one set of cycles for the vaccinated and another set of cycles for the unvaccinated. What they are doing is NOT scientific and is an apples and oranges comparison... lower PCR cycles for the vaccinated means fewer will be found positive, and more cycles for the unvaccinated means more will be found positive. Last summer Fauci said 35 cycles gives false positives and we lowered our cycles from 40 to 35 on Inauguration Day. That was political for those that need to know. But still wasn't low enough. The vaccinated are tested with 28 cycles. CDC has the cycles right on their website, no woo woo.

Old 10-05-2021, 05:44 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,280,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TohobitPeak View Post
This crazy man from Dalton Gardens wants to pass a bill to charge public officials with a crime for helping the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT regarding vaccine mandated.

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/...ainstage_card2

Vick is dumb. Voters in North Idaho need to educate themselves before voting these crazy types into office.
Looks like he is from Montana and he needs to go back.
Actually what his goal is makes perfect sense. This particular vaccine should be choice, politics aside. If you want it, fine get it without lip to those who choose not. If you don't want it, fine, again giving others no lip.

Too many people have failed to research this completely. The virus will never go away, even the pharmaceutical companies are saying that people who have had Covid have stronger antibodies than the vaccine can offer.

Our Country was founded and built on freedom of choice and that's a beautiful thing to cherish and protect!

Old 10-05-2021, 09:00 AM

1,402 posts, read 3,367,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
Actually what his goal is makes perfect sense. This particular vaccine should be choice, politics aside. If you want it, fine get it without lip to those who choose not. If you don't want it, fine, again giving others no lip.

Too many people have failed to research this completely. The virus will never go away, even the pharmaceutical companies are saying that people who have had Covid have stronger antibodies than the vaccine can offer.

Our Country was founded and built on freedom of choice and that's a beautiful thing to cherish and protect!
And here is a perfect example folks.

Old 10-05-2021, 10:04 AM

2,054 posts, read 4,279,627 times
I got annuder one. " Like a good neighbor...Stay Over There"

Old 10-05-2021, 01:47 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,766,117 times
It sure is interesting how this COVID deal has wreaked havoc on so much of the world. Not even causing destruction to a very specific age group or country overall. the rNA vaccine idea does make some sense for the most part. I want through BOTH of the COVID's this year alone and barely new it. It's so hard to say if my body was prepared for such a virus. I've not had a flu in my 68 years of life and only last year first had a flu shot for the first time. In March when the 1st COVID got on me I had no idea I had it. I was tested after going into Salt Lake City in March to visit a friend and stayed at a large hotel near the airport, where no doubt the crud was bought in.

Had 2 Moderna shots in July then in August. Was tested positive for the Delta variant in the end of September. All I felt was real tired and headache for one day the was fine. Who's to say the shots made all the difference as we are pretty well aware the Delta strain is pretty nasty and has killed more then anything yet, even younger folks. I don't believe the RNA shots are a bad thing or will come back to bite one later on based on what research I've done. And I highly respect my doctor who also felt the research of it makes perfect sense. But I do understand how many can get a bit honked off about being forced to take it. It's never happened before that's for sure. But it's not unlike a lot of things that are being cooked up to control us by the government at this time. Scary stuff.

Old 10-05-2021, 08:12 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,280,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TohobitPeak View Post
And here is a perfect example folks of common sense.
There, fixed it for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
View detailed profiles of: