Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2021, 11:24 AM

89 posts, read 47,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TohobitPeak View Post
People need to chill in CD'A. Anyone know the guy in the photo who appears to be bellowing?

https://www.ktvb.com/mobile/article/...f-f389c4dc03ec
I’d bet $100 that most of those wild-eyed nuts are not ID natives.
When you see the nutty comments on news stories you can oook at the Facebook accounts and almost all come from somewhere else. Usually California. And that is not a slam against people like CFF here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2021, 11:50 AM

2,054 posts, read 4,284,026 times
I know there are entities hell bent on obliterating history, but I seem to recall a really important document that covers this type of expression.

Old 09-26-2021, 03:30 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,762,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elousv View Post
I know there are entities hell bent on obliterating history, but I seem to recall a really important document that covers this type of expression.
What does that have to do with anything?
Who is trying to suppress the right to free speech?

Old 09-29-2021, 04:03 PM

1,258 posts, read 1,064,499 times
Quote:
People need to chill in CD'A. Anyone know the guy in the photo who appears to be bellowing?

https://www.ktvb.com/mobile/article/...f-f389c4dc03ec
What a bunch of hillbillies! My god...Coeur d'Alene has become "Kingman AZ with a beach"

Old 09-30-2021, 01:42 PM

571 posts, read 1,176,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellzapoppin View Post
I’d bet $100 that most of those wild-eyed nuts are not ID natives.
When you see the nutty comments on news stories you can oook at the Facebook accounts and almost all come from somewhere else. Usually California. And that is not a slam against people like CFF here.
I'd have to agree with this to a point. I grew up in CDA, and I don't recall area residents being so extreme in the past. It seems that the area has become a magnet for those leaning far right - and it becomes an echo chamber of similar viewpoints (just as it is in extremely liberal leaning areas). It's too bad. I always found people that grew up in North ID to be more level headed and 'live and let live' but I think their voices are being drowned out.

Old 10-02-2021, 07:03 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,919,143 times
Could be. Sites like this often attract folks who want to make a political point. I’ve never thought this pandemic was political, unfortunately there are some that have too much free time and get themselves all worked up. Vaccinations work. And those two words have nothing to do with politics.

Old 10-02-2021, 07:19 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,762,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKirkland View Post
I'd have to agree with this to a point. I grew up in CDA, and I don't recall area residents being so extreme in the past. It seems that the area has become a magnet for those leaning far right - and it becomes an echo chamber of similar viewpoints (just as it is in extremely liberal leaning areas). It's too bad. I always found people that grew up in North ID to be more level headed and 'live and let live' but I think their voices are being drowned out.
Agreed.
I can’t stand either the far right or the far left and unfortunately here it’s the far right. Seeing what is happening at NIC with the Banducci posse is just crazy.

Old 10-02-2021, 08:09 PM

2,029 posts, read 2,369,107 times
Sorry, I have been reading some of these responses and they are unbelievable. Blaming China for the mess in Idaho with the highest covid case rates outside of the South. Get vaccinated. I am embarrassed for Idaho for the lack of education in getting the vaccine, and the attitudes in Idaho about getting vaccinated. The fact that Coeur d'Alene is the fastest appreciating town in the U.S. just tells me that it is being filled with uneducated out of state dummys with money who have left other places due to politics.

Last edited by Justabystander; 10-02-2021 at 08:18 PM..

Old 10-02-2021, 11:15 PM

29,223 posts, read 22,430,874 times
Quote:
Ada and Blaine Counties have the highest Vax percentages in the state. I guess this explains where the states smartest people live.
Now.
Both counties got hit the hardest in the first wave. Blaine was the hardest hit of rate two because so many people fled there to their vacation houses and trophy cabins, and brought Covid with them. Blaine county's population is pretty small, so the spread was much faster than in Boise. Idaho's first Covid deaths were in Blaine.

That's the problem here still. The counties with low population with a lot of people who aren't vaccinated are still needing to go to places like schools, groceries, churches and stores for their everyday needs. There aren't many many of these places, so almost everyone goes to them sooner or later. They are all potential super-spreaders.

Once infected, the small counties don't have hospitals or large clinics in them, so the infected tend to stay put instead of leaving for faraway medical help. Delta 4 is so infectious it doesn't take much contact to catch it when a person isn't vaccinated.

And in the first wave, folks were much more wary, so they were quarantining more, distancing, and wearing masks much more often.

Old 10-04-2021, 11:16 AM

1,258 posts, read 1,064,499 times
Quote:
Ada and Blaine Counties have the highest Vax percentages in the state. I guess this explains where the states smartest people live.
They're also the two counties with the highest number of Democratic voters.

Coincidence? Nope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
View detailed profiles of: