Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2021, 06:52 PM

3,874 posts, read 4,699,116 times

Advertisements

This is an awful situation in Idaho.

Shoot the messenger (NYT) if you want to but that's your own politics at play in the midst of a Idaho pandemic crisis.

The reality is that the health care system in Idaho is under a terrible strain, it's workers are beaten down badly and as of September 21st, over 2,600 Idahoans have died of Covid.
And all of that is tragic!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/unprecede...212647283.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2021, 07:14 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,884,129 times
Totally agree. Some are so dug in on the political side of this they can’t see reality. Sad. COVID is not a political issue.

Old 09-23-2021, 01:47 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
Totally agree. Some are so dug in on the political side of this they can’t see reality. Sad. COVID is not a political issue.
I don't know what to think; if anything I tend to believe that politics may have been one of the reasons at first to resist the jab, but now, plain old Idaho stubbornness has taken over.

Old 09-23-2021, 02:19 PM

3,782 posts, read 4,250,708 times
COVID is a political issue surrounding a major health issue.

If it wasn't then someone has to explain why the president is trying to mandate people have something injected into their body, while he is allowing hundreds of thousands of people to cross the southern border and not demanding they be injected and those infected to not be quarantined; and refusing to speak about it. A report this AM I read stated in the areas where there have been a large number of illegals sent via this president, the COVID rate has spiked 200 percent.

And he, this president, made it a political issue last year when running for president. He and his VP also stated they would not trust this vaccine cause it came from the Trump camp and they have NEVER retracted those statements; although they did get their shots with video cameras. But their retraction might help especially with the black population with is lacking compared to the white population.

And he has changed the way monoclonal antibodies are distributed to states limiting a supply to FL cause he says they are anti vaccine, and yet, last week FL had more vaccinated than NY.

So if you think it is not political you are living in a dream world.

However, I will admit it is a major health issue too. It does appear to be changing a bit, even in Idaho, and I cannot figure out why people this late in the game can't believe it is as safe as possible, and does help, especially in the hospitalization/death rates.

And if you don't think the news agencies aren't playing out a scenario that is acceptable to a certain segment of the political spectrum, again it is a nice dream. I read Idaho hospitals are full, and yet, this AM I was in Portneuf (Poky) and I was told by hospital personnel they are NOT full, procedures are not being delayed. They do admit, there are some who are afraid to come to the hospital for an appointment or procedure; that is their decision and not due to the hospital being too full. It's due to their being afraid of the virus.

Makes me wonder, are they that full in Boise and surrounding areas too?

But not a political issue. PEOPLE everything in this country today is a political issue and regardless of what side of the political spectrum you are living in, it is political.

Mike...good to talk with you today. But hasn't Idaho been a major anti-vax state for...ever?

Old 09-23-2021, 02:32 PM

1,256 posts, read 1,109,717 times
Isn't it normal for Northern Idaho hospitals to send patients to Washington, especially to Spokane? I would assume the medical center(s) in Spokane are regional hospitals that were built to support patients from Washington, Idaho and NW Montana.

Granted, Idaho is suffering from anti-vax rhetoric that is keeping people vulnerable. Still, when looking at total population, Washington still has far more people unvaccinated than Idaho, just because Idaho has 1.6 mil people vs. Washington's 8+ million. I'd bet a good portion of those unvaccinated are in Eastern Washington which is more politically aligned with Idaho than the Seattle area.

Anyway, it would be nice if people just got vaccinated. I completed mine in March and my nose hasn't fallen off yet.

Old 09-23-2021, 02:40 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,750,337 times
When Idaho Dr. Ryan Cole says he's finding cancer in vaccinated patients, no wonder Idaho residents don't want the jab, I don't blame them.

Old 09-23-2021, 02:54 PM

551 posts, read 804,202 times
All the conflicting signals sure don't help. You get these people wearing masks everywhere after getting the shots like Joe Dementia and the guy saying you have to protect the vaccinated from the unvaxed which makes people wonder why get the shots at all.

I got the shots since I'm an old fart and worth the risk, but it seems like the info coming out is showing that for the younger healthy people, the chances of severe side effects like heart problems from the shots is higher than the chances of getting hospitalized due to the Wuhan flu.

Anyway the media used to constantly harp on the number of deaths before the current regime but now it's the number of cases. There are graphs hidden deep in the CDC website showing the number of deaths over time and it's pretty surprising and why the media doesn't harp on the death number now. The graph goes up to 25 September and you have to click on the right side of the graph to show deaths/100,000 instead of cases.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...aphicsovertime

Old 09-23-2021, 03:04 PM

2,209 posts, read 1,784,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldafretired View Post
All the conflicting signals sure don't help. You get these people wearing masks everywhere after getting the shots like Joe Dementia and the guy saying you have to protect the vaccinated from the unvaxed which makes people wonder why get the shots at all.

I got the shots since I'm an old fart and worth the risk, but it seems like the info coming out is showing that for the younger healthy people, the chances of severe side effects like heart problems from the shots is higher than the chances of getting hospitalized due to the Wuhan flu.

Anyway the media used to constantly harp on the number of deaths before the current regime but now it's the number of cases. There are graphs hidden deep in the CDC website showing the number of deaths over time and it's pretty surprising and why the media doesn't harp on the death number now. The graph goes up to 25 September and you have to click on the right side of the graph to show deaths/100,000 instead of cases.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...aphicsovertime
Try this site

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Old 09-23-2021, 06:57 PM

1,402 posts, read 3,364,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
When Idaho Dr. Ryan Cole says he's finding cancer in vaccinated patients, no wonder Idaho residents don't want the jab, I don't blame them.
"Dr" Cole is questionable and dangerous and his "claims" are ???

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/04/sc...d-19-vaccines/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...gop-ryan-cole/

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/...253987448.html

Old 09-23-2021, 10:17 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,884,129 times
There are no factual statistics that the vaccine causes cancer. Please stop these lies. But I guess this is to be expected from a State like Idaho. So glad I moved out years ago. Most folks are just unaware of science. Pitiful.

Last edited by pnwguy2; 09-23-2021 at 10:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
View detailed profiles of: