Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2021, 01:12 AM

30,904 posts, read 37,005,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Yup.
But not in the same ways.
It's different if there's a consensus to lose some freedom in something for something else than it is to elect someone who promises to give everyone's freedom back to them and then proceeds to tell them what they will get and what he'll keep.

It's different as well when our representatives decide for themselves what one group can or cannot do without asking us.

Its' different once more when we decide to take away one groups freedom while keeping it for ourselves and our government agrees with us and allows us to do it.

Never forget freedom is totally neutral.
If the white man is free, then so is the black man and the yellow man and the brown man and the yellow man.

If I have the right to say 'no', then so do you. I cannot force you to say yes to my no, or no to my no. We're equals and we both have freedom to say what we please.

None of us are completely free. None of us were ever completely free. None of us will ever be completely free.
No society ever allows complete freedom. Because complete freedom tears a society apart.

Everyone is the most free when we all agree on our limits. That means all of us are going to feel a little pain somewhere in exchange for a lot more freedom everywhere else.

How much pain depends on how many others don't want that kind of pain.

Ideally, none of us get everything we want, but we all get what we need.
I can agree with all of that in the abstract. But when you get down to the nitty gritty details, then that's where it gets difficult.

I will say oligarchy is the most common form of government for a reason. Robert Michels figured it out back in 1911. Hmmm, he was a sociologist but we I never learned about him as a sociology major in college. I don't think that was an accident.

Nothing's changed since 1911:

According to Michels, all organizations eventually come to be run by a "leadership class", who often function as paid administrators, executives, spokespersons or political strategists for the organization.

Far from being "servants of the masses", Michels argues this "leadership class," rather than the organization's membership, will inevitably grow to dominate the organization's power structures.

By controlling who has access to information, those in power can centralize their power successfully, often with little accountability, due to the apathy, indifference and non-participation most rank-and-file members have in relation to their organization's decision-making processes.

Michels argues that democratic attempts to hold leadership positions accountable are prone to fail, since with power comes the ability to reward loyalty, the ability to control information about the organization, and the ability to control what procedures the organization follows when making decisions. All of these mechanisms can be used to strongly influence the outcome of any decisions made 'democratically' by members.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_law_of_oligarchy

Old 05-23-2021, 08:53 AM

85 posts, read 138,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nm9stheham View Post
I can't find any info on this claim of a vaccine starting the Spanish flu. I'm not aware of any flu vaccines in existence at that time. So I am not buying your above claim, hudge, but if you can provide a source, I'll surely look at it.

BTW... what do accidental deaths have to do with it??? LOL

I'm not taking any of the stats without checking their sources and accuracy, as there are indeed some agendas in all of this. The CDC stats pages do appear to be an 'honest broker' in this matter. But the overall mortality rate from COVID indeed works out to be around 2.5 times higher versus the past 10 years' average rate for regular influenza. (Approx. 0.3% for COVID versus 0.13% for regular flu.) This '2.5 higher mortality rate than regular flu' number has been very consistent once we got past the initial surge last spring. (It is impossible for me to say if the rate in that initial surge was really higher, or if it was just that the case detection rate was much lower at the start.)

And unlike the regular flu, it did not disappear last summer but kept on rolling at a reduced level. So IMHO it is not true to think that this is like normal flu. How bad anyone thinks is a 2.5 times mortality rate and 'all year long' infections.... I won't try to answer that. Characterization of that matter is part of the controversy.

First, I may have misquoted that it was started by a vaccine. I read the article over a year ago and there was something about experimental medication given to the solders to protect them from the diseases being experienced in trench warfare. However there were several vaccines out and in use at that time. There was a vaccine attempt for the second wave but it was unsuccessful.

I'll keep digging and circle around on that.

Second, Covid-19 deaths were tracked as accidental deaths in the US. A Johns Hopkins University study showed that the death rate before and after covid were the same. the article was published December 1, 2020.

Hears the link to the story.

Johns Hopkins University Researcher Finds Death Rate Before And After COVID The Same

Renk
Published: December 1, 2020

Read More: Johns Hopkins University Researcher Finds Death Rate The Same... | https://wbckfm.com/johns-hopkins-uni...edium=referral

Old 05-23-2021, 09:20 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,468,448 times
Aside from the big money folks from 'Kalifornia' or wherever, 'fer sure a lot of it's also about the 'politics'. Although just 'anecdotally', it's hard not to notice how many also seem to have difficulties simply 'adjusting to society' in the first place, like the 'infamous' Randy Weaver who lived on Ruby Ridge, though he was born in Iowa and was attracted to ID by the Christian Identity movement at Hayden Lake.

But then there are also a lotta the 'less famous' folks, like my former neighbor in rural NorCal, who relocated to ID with her family a few years ago, because she felt our little town of <12,000 souls was becoming 'too crowded'!

Old 05-23-2021, 10:10 AM

8,056 posts, read 10,653,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Both political parties have been taking away freedom of choice for decades. They just do it in different ways. Anyone who doesn't see that is someone who is willfully blind.
I agree 100%.

Unfortunately, I think that many are still waiting for this political "party" or that to come to the "rescue".

We are governed by a ruling class now. We have been for decades. There is no longer a political solution to the assault on our freedoms. We are being conditioned to think it's "selfish" to want to retain our freedoms.

And yes, many either just don't get it, or are willfully blind to this. They get upset with those that don't just comply.

That's why they try to shut down the reality of our situation with accusations of "conspiracies" etc. They may not see anything nefarious about what is going on; but some of us do.

Last edited by RogueMom; 05-23-2021 at 10:19 AM..

Old 05-23-2021, 10:35 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,283,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the hudge View Post

Second, Covid-19 deaths were tracked as accidental deaths in the US. A Johns Hopkins University study showed that the death rate before and after covid were the same. the article was published December 1, 2020.

Hears the link to the story.

Johns Hopkins University Researcher Finds Death Rate Before And After COVID The Same

Renk
Published: December 1, 2020

Read More: Johns Hopkins University Researcher Finds Death Rate The Same... | https://wbckfm.com/johns-hopkins-uni...edium=referral
My aunt turned 93 on Tuesday, October 27, 2020. She had COPD. She also had 5 living children and a host of grandchildren, with that respect I held my calling her off until Thursday, October 29, 2020. During our conversation she told me she had been tired all week and on Monday the 26th they loaded her and other senior citizens on a bus to go and get a Flu shot. When she told me she had taken a fall earlier in the day Thursday, I contacted one of my cousins to make certain they reached out. Mind you, one family member or another was in contact with her each and every day since her husband had passed in August of 2019.

By the time I spoke with my cousin on Friday afternoon, her mom was in the hospital. She passed away on Wednesday, November 4th 2020.

Primary cause of death read Covid 19 and that she had been treated for it for THREE WEEKS!!!

Something doesn't smell right! Had she been under treatment for Covid for three weeks, they would have never taken her for a flu vaccine!!!

I'm most certainly not buying into the vast number of Covid deaths that the government and media want us to believe.

I'm by no means denying that it is in fact a real virus, but the numbers are inflated, it's about money and fear. Before anyone feels the need to give me flack regarding it can have longer lasting effects after one is over it, certainly! Hello, same with many other viruses that are out there. For every cause, there is an effect, that's fact!

Another fact,for those who have Faith; we are all listed in His book with our name and a date of passing right beside it. So when it is our time, we're going to go no matter how it is.

If you want to get the vaccine, go for it I won't shame you or put you down, same goes for those who don't want it.

Old 05-23-2021, 01:49 PM

The Daily Lama. 16 min. video well worth the watch.

https://odysee.com/@The_Daily_Lama:c/****ccine:f

Old 05-23-2021, 03:25 PM

Thx, but maybe check your link... 'sez 'no content'.

Old 05-23-2021, 04:33 PM

https://lbry.tv/@The_Daily_Lama:c

Ok, this one should work. It should be the second vid from the top left as of now entitled "Before taking the vaccine".
I can't figure out how to directly link the video.

Last edited by the hudge; 05-23-2021 at 04:44 PM..

Old 05-23-2021, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the hudge View Post
https://lbry.tv/@The_Daily_Lama:c

Ok, this one should work. It should be the second vid from the top left as of now entitled "Before taking the vaccine".
I can't figure out how to directly link the video.
Got it, thx. Of course nuthin' in life is ever 'perfect'... not our jobs, kids, spouses, politics, whatever. And for whatever it's worth, as a vet and >75, I received both shots (Moderna) a couple months ago, and have experienced no issues since, aside from dragging my butt for a couple days with 'flu-like' symptoms, which also disappeared after the first shot, about the same time the muscle soreness went away at the injection site. And I sure feel a lot more 'at ease' now, than I did before taking the vaccine!

Old 05-23-2021, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Got it, thx. Of course nuthin' in life is ever 'perfect'... not our jobs, kids, spouses, politics, whatever. And for whatever it's worth, as a vet and >75, I received both shots (Moderna) a couple months ago, and have experienced no issues since, aside from dragging my butt for a couple days with 'flu-like' symptoms, which also disappeared after the first shot, about the same time the muscle soreness went away at the injection site. And I sure feel a lot more 'at ease' now, than I did before taking the vaccine!

And that my good Sir is awesome. I am very glad you feel the way you do.

I as a >50, I won't and have never felt uneasy about it. That's the beauty of Health Freedom, we each get to choose what we feel is best for our own body's.

BTW. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho