Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2021, 02:02 PM

7,386 posts, read 12,687,921 times

Advertisements

How is the COVID vaccine roll-out coming along in the various areas of Idaho? Who is eligible these days? Which vaccines are available? Have you gotten your first shot? Your second shot? Let us know how the process is coming along.

2 months ago it was total chaos in SoCal. Only people 75 and up were eligible, and few of those knew how to go online and secure appointments at the few vaccination spots that had opened up. Websites were down. 8-9 hour traffic jams/lines at the mass vaccination stations. Elderly people in tears. I saw people with walkers standing in long lines in the sun, leaning on their walkers, no water, no place to sit down, no restrooms. But as the eligibility has expanded, and more vaccines becoming available, things are now much better organized.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2021, 02:06 PM

209 posts, read 316,926 times
Those over 55 become eligible tomorrow regardless of medical status. There is a statewide registration site, but it sends you off to a bunch of different providers to find an appointment, but it at least notifies you that you’re eligible.

Getting my first one tomorrow.

Old 03-21-2021, 04:13 PM

551 posts, read 804,806 times
Hi CFF. There's a lot on info on the link below. The roll out was a mess initially. The phone lines and websites were pretty much jammed or crashed on the first day they let 65+ people get appointments. I was lucky to get through and finished my second shot over 2 weeks ago. It's a lot better now and there are appointments available for those that qualify.

https://panhandlehealthdistrict.org/covid-19/vaccine/

Last edited by oldafretired; 03-21-2021 at 05:05 PM..

Old 03-21-2021, 04:41 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,393,554 times
I'm fully vaccinated now. I signed up withe Eastern Idaho Health Dept., as did my sister. She somehow found a clinic giving the shots before we were notified by the Health Dept., and we got them a few days earlier by being in the right place at the right time.
Other than a sore arm for a couple of days at the injection site, I had no effects from the Moderna vaccine, nor did my sis.
I had no side effects at all from the second shot. I've heard so many different reactions from so many people it seems there's no way to predict how or what the side effects will be from the vaccines.

Old 03-21-2021, 08:20 PM

39,876 posts, read 26,546,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldafretired View Post
Hi CFF. There's a lot on info on the link below. The roll out was a mess initially. The phone lines and websites were pretty much jammed or crashed on the first day they let 65+ people get appointments. I was lucky to get through and finished my second shot over 2 weeks ago. It's a lot better now and there are appointments available for those that qualify.

https://panhandlehealthdistrict.org/covid-19/vaccine/
Thanks for the link, I just signed up, have an appointment Tuesday.

Old 03-21-2021, 09:36 PM

6,358 posts, read 7,780,074 times
I got on-line a month ago at Kootenai Health and obtained an appointment for later the same day. Just had my second dose this past Wednesday. Both times, in and out within a half an hour, and that included the 15-minute wait post-shot make sure there were no allergic reactions. Did not have a choice of which I could receive. No adverse after-effects with either shot, (Moderna). I'm 69, so is in the old foggies cohort.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 03-21-2021, 11:06 PM

2,106 posts, read 1,936,014 times
We had to travel 75 miles to a Walmart in Mountain View for 1st Moderna vaccine on 2/18 after many searches. We only had a slightly sore arm the next 2 days.

There were many appointments available from several local places for the second shot on March 18 from this website

https://crushthecurveidaho.com/idaho...rict#locations

Our arms were slightly sore for about two days. I had stronger reactions to the second shot with a mild headache and chills for two days, could not sleep the first night then a mild case of gastroenteritis in the last 3 days. I had much worse reactions to a pneumonia shot two years ago.

Eight people in my family have had two shots (all Moderna). My husband and I belong to the over 65 years old group. Daughter and SIL are healthcare workers in ID. My brothers are also healthcare workers (one in MI and one in WV). My younger sister and her husband got their shots by volunteering at the local clinic in CA.

My husband, one younger brother, BIL and SIL only had mildly sore arms for a day or two. My other younger brother had the most severe reactions (could not sleep with headache and fatigue for more than a week). My younger sister had similar symptoms for about 5 days. My daughter was similarly affected for 3 days.

We are all glad to have our shots. Yes, it was uncomfortable for some of us but we could only imagine how much worse it could have been if we had contracted the virus.

Last edited by BellaDL; 03-21-2021 at 11:27 PM..

Old 03-21-2021, 11:37 PM

7,386 posts, read 12,687,921 times
Thanks for the link, OAR, it sounds like the Idaho process is handled somewhat better than in CA. SoCal is actually doing better than some other places in CA. Glad so many Idahoans are eligible now! Good to read your stories--we got our 2nd shots of Moderna last Thursday. A sore arm for 3 days--and overwhelming fatigue. I think I slept for 18 hours on Friday. We haven't really started believing in the upside yet--but we're beginning to make plans for the summer! North Idaho!

Old 03-22-2021, 02:30 AM

3,782 posts, read 4,256,347 times
Easy; I was just fumbling around on the Kroger/FredMeyer/Smiths website on Jan 31 while talking with a friend in NC, and got my first shot appointment for Feb 3 at Smith's (Chubuck)(, after the shot they gave me an appointment for number 2, three weeks later on second on Feb 24. It was so easy, I was surprised the first shot actually happened! Everyone I know in the SE health district had no problems; however, most went to ISU for their shots.

Only reaction was the day after the second shot and only for morning to early afternoon.

Talking with my GP two weeks ago and Cardiologist last week (BOTH WITH NO MASKS) they said from their patients it was going pretty smooth and it sure went very smooth around here for the Drs and Nurses.

But I sure would never compare anything to what CA does in the way of protecting citizens.

Those I know in NC said it also went very good for them with no problem.

I guess the upside is if I should get the virus, reaction will be better. However, the only thing that slowed me down last year was putting my mask on when required outside a store (and not all stores around here required it) and taking it off when walking out a door. Other than than, I did every place I wanted to...from camping in MT/WY/UT and of course ID to visiting people in all those locations.

Guess this year will be the same provided I can afford the fuel for my truck.

Old 03-22-2021, 10:58 AM

40 posts, read 38,590 times
My wife got her second shot 2 days ago. Lack of energy and arm is sore. She might return to the gym tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho