Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2021, 11:04 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,281,547 times

Advertisements

Haven't bothered following it since we won't get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2021, 09:55 PM

7 posts, read 7,770 times
From my perspective the roll-out seems to be going well. I'm 62 and received a call from St Lukes today to schedule me for a shot. They said I could have it done in either McCall, Meridian or Boise, however it turned out that McCall is all booked up.

Old 03-23-2021, 09:23 PM

39,876 posts, read 26,550,083 times
First shot today at the Kootenai fairgrounds. Very well organized, in and out in about 20 minutes.

Old 03-25-2021, 09:28 AM

116 posts, read 124,775 times
Q: How is the COVID vaccine roll-out coming along in the various areas of Idaho?

My A: It's gaining momentum. They have moved up the eligibility requirements 2x now. I think we're getting more doses each week hence the changes to include more folks who are eligible to get the vaccine.

Q: Who is eligible these days?
MY A: As of yesterday 45+ are eligible. After 4/5/21 anyone (16 and older) can get the vaccine.

Q: Which vaccines are available? Have you gotten your first shot? Your second shot?
MY A: Pfizer and Moderna for sure. I don't know if J&J has rolled out here or not yet. I received my 1st shot (Pfizer) yesterday and my wife will get her 1st shot today.

Old 03-25-2021, 10:34 AM

29,220 posts, read 22,404,249 times
I heard this morning that by the end of the month, all age restrictions will be dropped. There are a lot of parents here who want to have their teens vaccinated so the spread can be stopped.

It's unlikely Idaho will ever get the J&J vaccine, as the supply of Moderna and Pfizer seem to be very good.
I was vaccinated with the Moderna, but it's about 50/50 between the two here in Idaho Falls.

No one I know has had any serious reactions to either one. Other than a sore arm at the injection site for a day or two, I had no adverse reaction at all. My sister, who got her shots at the same time I did, said she felt very tired for the rest of the day after the second shot, but was fine by the following day.

Even though the vaccination rates here have been good, Idaho Falls is the #1 infection hot spot in the nation, and Rexburg isn't far behind at #5.

No one knows for sure why that is so, but I think it's due to a couple of different things:
Idaho Falls is the home of the nation's leading nuclear safety lab, and so we get a lot of international traffic here. Safety experts from other nations are always arriving, and our own people are always leaving and going to other places around the world.
Idaho Falls is also the only hub airport in a very large surrounding region that includes 2 of the most popular tourist destinations in the west.
One of these, Jackson Hole, is also a resort town populated by the ultra-wealthy. These folks all fly to I.F. and then on to Jackson Hole in smaller chartered aircraft or by vehicle. Or wait for the single commercial flight over the mountain to Wyoming daily.

So Covid has plenty a carriers who bring it in to what would appear to be a relatively isolated Idaho town.

Old 03-25-2021, 10:43 AM

551 posts, read 804,984 times
Panhandle Health has opened up vaccinations for everyone 16 years and older effective immediately because of all the openings.

Old 03-25-2021, 01:09 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,479,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Idaho Falls is also the only hub airport in a very large surrounding region that includes 2 of the most popular tourist destinations in the west.
One of these, Jackson Hole, is also a resort town populated by the ultra-wealthy. These folks all fly to I.F. and then on to Jackson Hole in smaller chartered aircraft or by vehicle. Or wait for the single commercial flight over the mountain to Wyoming daily.
Better tell your source to re-check! United, American, and Delta connects via large hubs. No regular airline connects to Jackson via Idaho Falls. The number of flights into Jackson has decreased a lot with COVID but it is not 1.. looks like 11 inbound flights per day right now.

Sun Valley has always varied and would get down to a couple of inbound flight per day when the ski season stopped, even before COVID.

Any variation in infection is likely just the 'horse race' with random outbreaks. The disease is all over all the time now so folks bringing it in is a non-factor anymore; they are just part of the randomness of spread. The most strict travel areas in the USA have been the NE USA and right now they have the worst state case rates in the nation. The 'horses are the different areas; some get fast while others get slow. Varies all the time.

Old 03-26-2021, 02:38 AM

3,782 posts, read 4,257,107 times
All states will get all three vaccines as distribution allows. In fact,Fort Hall did a campaign earlier this week using J&J

"The event is called "One and Done", as patients will be receiving their one and only dose of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine."

https://localnews8.com/news/2021/03/...e-18-and-over/

Plus
https://www.kmvt.com/2021/03/26/idah...ine-next-week/

Old 03-26-2021, 07:41 AM

551 posts, read 804,984 times
Panhandle Health finally got rid of the mask mandate.

Old 03-26-2021, 08:15 PM

40 posts, read 38,628 times
I wanted the JJ shot. I was told by family medicine in Meridian it’s being saved for the homeless. I let out a good guffaw
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho