Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2020, 08:48 PM

6,357 posts, read 7,770,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nm9stheham View Post
Any reason to not buy them in ID, and use the process of having them shipped to an FFL dealer in CA, following the usual CA procedures, and then taking them back to ID?
Could cause BIG problems for the owner. Firearms purchased by a CA resident must be on the Roster. Not many are. A non-roster firearm shipped to a CA FFL will probably never get to the purchaser.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2021, 09:43 AM

1,539 posts, read 1,474,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post
Could cause BIG problems for the owner. Firearms purchased by a CA resident must be on the Roster. Not many are. A non-roster firearm shipped to a CA FFL will probably never get to the purchaser.
I thought that was just for handguns...???? And I assumed that the OP would know that matter.. but perhaps not, so it's very good to bring it up. Trying to look at all solutions...

Old 01-02-2021, 01:28 AM

5,585 posts, read 5,017,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post
The Roster is getting smaller and smaller.

Old 01-02-2021, 08:38 AM

726 posts, read 329,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countonme View Post
...I just purchased a home in Twin Falls Idaho....
Quote:
I need to work around anybody know what would happen if I just changed over all of my residencies bank accounts....
As mentioned, that's unlikely to help. Didn't you get a property assessment from the county on your Twin Falls property? That's what I used to help establish residency. Although....

Quote:
...they will not issue me a Idaho ID card or Idaho driver's license unless I turn in my California driver's license....
That sounds like a real deal killer. But what if someone doesn't have a license from another state? I guess then you'd need some other "photo I.D." to establish your identity.

I haven't gotten into purchasing a gun in Idaho, and I'm not familiar with the rules. So I looked them up.

To buy a handgun, you must:
  • Be 21 or older;
  • Provide a state ID; and
  • Have an instant background check performed if purchased from a licensed firearms dealer.
To me, "a state ID" does not specify that it has to be an Idaho ID, and it's pretty darn careless if that's just assumed! But maybe it is, I don't know. If it is, they should have said "Provide an Idaho state ID." It's different for long guns, though:

To buy a long gun, you must:
  • Be 18 or older;
  • Present a photo ID (any state);
  • Have an instant background check performed if purchased from a licensed firearms dealer.
Obviously, here they say the ID can be from any state. This suggests the handgun rule is more restrictive, but still, it's unclear and ambiguous!

Y'all probably know all this already, but hey, I'm learning something.

Old 01-02-2021, 09:04 AM

705 posts, read 506,670 times
Quote:
Here's an update I went to the twin falls DMV .they will not issue me a Idaho ID card or Idaho driver's license unless I turn in my California driver's license.

All I want to do is buy firearms in Idaho and keep them in Idaho I will never bring them to California

You are just learning an important lesson, as a subject in California, you are not really a citizen of the United States, and are denied your Second Amendment rights. Get the hell out of that cesspool and to Freedom.

Old 01-02-2021, 09:19 AM

6,357 posts, read 7,770,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone1791 View Post
I haven't gotten into purchasing a gun in Idaho, and I'm not familiar with the rules. So I looked them up.

To buy a handgun, you must:
  • Be 21 or older;
  • Provide a state ID; and
To buy a long gun, you must:
  • Be 18 or older;
  • Present a photo ID (any state);
One minor addition/correction...if you posses an Idaho Enhanced CCW permit, they do not perform the instant background check. You fill out the form, but it is just kept in the back room of the store. Idaho offers a non-resident Enhanced permit, but I do not know if instant background checks are performed with the non-resident permit.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
View detailed profiles of: