Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2021, 02:25 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,814,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnynrat View Post
FYI, there is a plan to make US95 4 lanes pretty much all the way to the south end of the Long Bridge. The timing on that project is unclear - depends on funding priorities, which if I understand correctly are set by ITD.

This is a problem throughout the timbered states in the west. Fortunately, there seems to be growing awareness that a long term pattern of annual new timber growth exceeding annual harvest combined with aggressive wildfire suppression leads to unhealthy forests choked with dead, dying and diseased trees. Too many people live in/near the forests now, so aggressive wildfire suppression is necessary. That leaves only one reasonable answer.

We live adjacent to a large tract of BLM land where that would have been an accurate description. Thankfully, it was logged this past winter, and in addition they created a firebreak around the perimeter. The project was specifically undertaken to reduce wildfire risk. It looks a little rough right now, but it will improve over time, and we feel less at risk as a result. For the first time since we've lived here we've seen a herd of elk back there, so now that the loggers are done the wildlife seems to be happier as well. It's also nice that when you walk back there we now enjoy filtered views of the surrounding mountains instead of a wall of trees.

I don't follow it closely, but I think timber prices have been up this year, which will drive logging activity.

Dave
Dave I wouldn't hold my breath on the US95 widening south of the Long Bridge. The land needed for that project is going to be so expensive it will be put off a very long time. That and southern Idaho has been unhappy at the amount of the annual budget spent in the panhandle for the last 10 years.

You are right about Lakeshore intersection, it sucks. Same problem with having to buy enough right of way to fix it properly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2021, 02:27 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,814,567 times
I'm getting phone calls and cards in the mail to buy our property constantly. The market is so high right now if we were ready we'd be gone but we're not ready. Oh well. We could be much worse off for sure.

Old 02-08-2021, 03:49 PM

231 posts, read 251,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post
I'd sell for twice the market price.

Which raises an important question. Where would you move to then?

Old 02-08-2021, 05:57 PM

294 posts, read 545,279 times
I hear California is nice.

Old 02-08-2021, 06:09 PM

5,588 posts, read 5,031,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by javatom View Post
I hear California is nice.
It probably depends on who you ask. The mass exodus of people leaving don't think so.
The people who have not been here probably think that.

Old 02-08-2021, 06:25 PM

6,358 posts, read 7,783,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
I'm getting phone calls and cards in the mail to buy our property constantly. The market is so high right now if we were ready we'd be gone but we're not ready. Oh well. We could be much worse off for sure.
Received a letter in the mail yesterday from a realtor saying she had a cash buyer who wanted to purchase my house. I'd probably be willing to sell for twice the market rate. Only problem...where would I go? No inventory around here.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 02-08-2021, 06:44 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,478,796 times
Also may be just to try to get you to list the house.

Inventory is so tight that realtors need to drum up more. Not wanting to be gratuitously mean to realtors, but that's just the way it works. You can't eat with nothing to sell. When inventory is tight, you hear a lot about how high the median house price has become.... trying to get positive thoughts going for those who may be on the fence about selling. Stuff will sometimes pop up if you 'troll' for it LOL

Old 02-08-2021, 07:52 PM

5,588 posts, read 5,031,528 times
There are plenty of new tract homes popping up in the lower part of Idaho. They have got lots of inventory but they are all new construction tract homes.

Old 02-09-2021, 08:24 AM

3,338 posts, read 6,907,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
There are plenty of new tract homes popping up in the lower part of Idaho. They have got lots of inventory but they are all new construction tract homes.
Actually there is not a lot of inventory in Southern Idaho, which is a huge region, hence the steep increase in prices especially in the Boise area.

https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/lo...9-a88607618a65

Zillow: Boise housing market tripled in value since 2011, the largest increase in the nation

The Boise metro area's growth boosted Idaho's total value of housing stock, which gained 149% over the past decade.

Old 02-09-2021, 09:44 AM

32,669 posts, read 48,139,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post

In North Idaho, they are building housing tracts like crazy. They are paving over the prairie as fast as they can pour concrete. But all the new construction is pre-sold, often before the ground is even broken. Rows of tiny bare lots have sold signs on them.

People are buying houses based upon an architect's drawing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho