Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2020, 10:20 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post
A reasonable "mis-interpretation" that I read in the Coeur d'Alene Press. The on-line article is here:

https://cdapress.com/news/2020/apr/0...n-panhandle-5/

The second paragraph says,

That is where I read what I wrote. I guess I should take what the author of the article, Ralph Bartholdt, and what the CdA Press writes with a grain of salt. Since they did not mention the trails, I did wonder how people got to the trails if the trailheads were closed. Poor editing and editorializing in a news article/press release. Shame on them.
I agree with you on the CDA Press-not exactly an example of stellar journalism. Of course, what is these days? I wonder what they mean by "fishing sites"? Boat launches? If so, seems silly-there is less crowding at the boat launch than at WM. I wonder if they will try to shut down the ATV/dirt bike parking lot on Bunco? Also no more crowded than say the WM parking lot... Granted, give the snow in the hills I don't know if anyone can access it now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2020, 10:23 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Has anyone found Gov. Little's address on line? Supposed to be going on right now, I haven't been able to track it down. Thanks.

Old 04-15-2020, 11:49 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,812,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Has anyone found Gov. Little's address on line? Supposed to be going on right now, I haven't been able to track it down. Thanks.
It was here if you want to watch it. Stay at home extended til April 30.

https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/he...YeyU778BtNVsj0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewJe...ature=youtu.be

Old 04-15-2020, 12:32 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,476,447 times
Totally expected that the stay-at-home orders wil be extended and everywhere. MI just did it, and expect most or all others states to do it. VA went for the long view in the very beginning with the March 30 stay-at-home order set to expire on June 10th. https://www.governor.virginia.gov/me...(COVID-19).pdf

The ramp-down of the infection and mortality rates is much slower than the ramp up. You can see it in this often viewed set of graphs: https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america

So I'd expect stay-at-home to be the norm to mid- or late-May at least.

Old 04-15-2020, 01:49 PM

6,358 posts, read 7,774,697 times
Just returned home from the CdA Costco. They have enough toilet paper for the whole town. Pallet upon pallet in the main aisle from the front of the store by the TVs to the back of the store by the kitchen. Kirkland brand with a limit of one 30-roll pack per member/card. Long line to get in, but moving quickly. Seventeen bucks per pack.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 04-15-2020, 09:02 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,763,030 times
Most Costco's at this time are limiting the number of people inside the building along with doing extensive spraying of the carts to detox them (which frankly they should have been doing for YEARS!). WalMart's are doing the same thing.

Old 04-17-2020, 04:31 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post
Just returned home from the CdA Costco. They have enough toilet paper for the whole town. Pallet upon pallet in the main aisle from the front of the store by the TVs to the back of the store by the kitchen. Kirkland brand with a limit of one 30-roll pack per member/card. Long line to get in, but moving quickly. Seventeen bucks per pack.
It's made in Lewiston. The factory there makes the most toilet paper that's sold- it's all the private and house brand stuff.
None of it is ever sold at retail, it's only available as a wholesale product, but the manufacturer made an exception for all the companies that have stores in Idaho to sell it directly to the stores instead of having to go through the normal supply channels.

Old 04-18-2020, 01:43 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,763,030 times
I went shopping at the Ridley's in Buhl Thursday and they had toilet paper stacks all over the store. Paper towels, hand sanitizer and stuff. So it seems things are easing up quite a bit finally. Now it's time to stock up on meats as I understand in the next 3 weeks there will be a shortage due to the shutdown of several of the key meat packing organizations where it was discovered an excessive number of employees were COVID-19 positive. Oh well.........

Old 04-21-2020, 11:53 AM

36 posts, read 25,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
Now it's time to stock up on meats as I understand in the next 3 weeks there will be a shortage due to the shutdown of several of the key meat packing organizations where it was discovered an excessive number of employees were COVID-19 positive. Oh well.........
One of those meat processing facilities that has been making the COVID-19 news is Smithfield Foods in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. The company has recently decided to shutdown several of their facilities across the USA.

Coincidentally (or not ), Smithfield Foods is now owned by Shuanghui International Holdings Ltd. (now WH Group Ltd.) of China.

Old 04-21-2020, 12:41 PM

1,249 posts, read 826,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
It's made in Lewiston. The factory there makes the most toilet paper that's sold- it's all the private and house brand stuff.
None of it is ever sold at retail, it's only available as a wholesale product, but the manufacturer made an exception for all the companies that have stores in Idaho to sell it directly to the stores instead of having to go through the normal supply channels.
Interesting, thanks for sharing. Any news stories on this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry_Chief View Post
One of those meat processing facilities that has been making the COVID-19 news is Smithfield Foods in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. The company has recently decided to shutdown several of their facilities across the USA.

Coincidentally (or not ), Smithfield Foods is now owned by Shuanghui International Holdings Ltd. (now WH Group Ltd.) of China.
I would say that it is coincidental, considering that Cargill (US-owned) and JBS (Brazilian-owned) have also had packing plant outbreaks.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...d-19-1.5538824
https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/co...g-plant-closes

I don't know if there has been any impact on downstream meat processing plants like the one in Wilder, Idaho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho